the shock of my life

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Congrats man! Outstanding change! I also agree your friend is a great friend.
  • Neoneko
    Neoneko Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I bet you are so proud, What an acheivment
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! What a transformation. Congratulations on changing your life!
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow!! If you just posted the photos, I wouldn't have guessed they were of the same person. It's amazing how much better people look at a normal weight!
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The weight reduction has taken place since April 2010.

I just re-read your post. You lost 100 lbs in 8 months?!?!? Amazing. Great job!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    Wow! You look like a completely different person. GREAT JOB!
  • crazyda79
    crazyda79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW what a transformation! You definitely do not look like the same person! Amazing!
  • crazyda79
    crazyda79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW what a transformation! You definitely do not look like the same person! Amazing!
  • Wwannabe
    Wwannabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself. You certainly are an inspration to folks like me.
  • imagoofyg00b3r
    Options
    You look wonderful! Very inspirational and an awesome job! :) Congratulations!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

You're almost double my age but hubba !
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    DUDE! Totally awesome weight loss! I kept scrolling back and forth because i couldn't believe i was looking at the same guy! Fantastic results!:noway:
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Firstly let me say I am totally... totally... overwhelmed by the responses to my photos, thank you to all who have viewed and bigger thanks to all who have commented, I have read them all. (blushed a few times)

2 more fat photos have been sent to me overnight (not a great way to start the day). I told my now famous friend (and now owner of some good reds) of the response on here, so later I will post some more before and afters.

Once again... Thank you.
  • Wendex23
    Wendex23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have any pointer for us newbies who started today?
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Do you have any pointer for us newbies who started today?

Hello

I won't give specific advice, bit this is how I went about it.

Using MFP I was able to see what I was eating verses what I was burning. So no big changes, just small changes, cut out junk food, then processed food, then dairy and alcohol and finally meat, this took 3 months to do. Along the way I found my body needed 6 meals a day (sounds great eh!), but we are talking 200 calorie meals here. I also took vitamin supplements.

It enabled me to understand hunger, it stopped me overeating, it kept my energy levels up, it made me think about what I eating. It didn't give my body a chance to store anything I was eating as fat, as it needed all calories eaten and extra to live. I am now a vegan.

My guidelines for my weightloss:

1) buy a rice bowl from the supermarket, serve all your food in this, it's for portion control, it's your BEST tool!

2) eat all meals with chopsticks, stops fast eating (and don't eat anywhere near a TV)

3) don't drink calories... water, black tea, black coffee only, no soda, no alcohol, no milk, no juice etc

4) 30 minutes brisk exercise every day, without fail!!! Rain, hail, sun or heat.

5) resistance training, it builds muscle and muscle is where your metabolism lives. Muscle is extraordinarily hard to build. But any muscle you put on makes you look better, nicer legs, better shaped back, arms and shoulders, IT'S MUSCLE THAT MAKES YOU LOOK YOUNGER (and harder, fat makes us squishy).

6) shop for new tighter fitting clothes regularly, you need to feel tight in your clothes, no elastic waists or stretch fabrics allowed.

7) weigh yourself regularly, weight loss isn't linear, some days nothing, some days a pound, some days you gain a LITTLE... Work hard and expect results :)
  • jamely
    jamely Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: wow really impressing; thanks for share it.
  • JoanHolly
    JoanHolly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you look great! what a hottie!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    WOW!
  • HappyTemple
    Options
    Amazing! Way to go - you're looking great!
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!