3500 cals =1lb so why a gain eating less than that?

Options
2»

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You've lost 30 pounds in months 5-7 of pregnancy? You need feedback from your health care providers, not from random internet people who have lost weight while not pregnant.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    OP I'm now worried. It's an incredibly risky thing that you're doing. Please just eat lots of food and rest and concentrate on growing a healthy baby.

You're not thinking quite right, pregnancy can do funny things to a person, please consult your doctor.:flowerforyou:
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to gain weight if you're consuming less calories than you're burning. I would check your settings again, your BMR again and weigh your food before it's cooked.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    So your pregnant & trying to lose weight???

You understand that weight can vary due to water weight & fluctuations etc - So what is the point of your thread?

Am I being blonde here???

HELP ME SOMEONE!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You're in your third trimester. You are supposed to be gaining weight.

Have you discussed your calories, weight goals, etc with your OBGYN and a dietician who specializes in pregnancy nutrition? I understand that when you are overweight, they usually don't want you to gain much during the first two trimesters, but you really should be gaining during the third. And probably not eating below your BMR. You need to discuss this with your doctor.

ETA: Your profile says you are due on Nov 7. You probably should have mentioned the pregnancy in your OP. It definitely changes the advice that you would be given by posters.
    I agree.

OP, why are you trying to lose weight while pregnant?

My advise is to hightail it to your doctor.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You're in your third trimester. You are supposed to be gaining weight.

Have you discussed your calories, weight goals, etc with your OBGYN and a dietician who specializes in pregnancy nutrition? I understand that when you are overweight, they usually don't want you to gain much during the first two trimesters, but you really should be gaining during the third. And probably not eating below your BMR. You need to discuss this with your doctor.

ETA: Your profile says you are due on Nov 7. You probably should have mentioned the pregnancy in your OP. It definitely changes the advice that you would be given by posters.
    I agree.

OP, why are you trying to lose weight while pregnant?

My advise is to hightail it to your doctor.

Or a counselor.
    Losing weight at that stage of pregnancy is doing more harm than good to the baby.

I'm disappointed the OP did not immediately disclose that information. That advice is not necessary for a pregnant woman.