Broke off my engagement

Options
Momf3boys
Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
Well...I did it...been engaged almost 3 years...couldn't take it anymore...back to the drawing board for me...staying single forever!

Replies

• siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that, but you have to do what is best for you and no point being in a unhappy relationship or even worse marriage trust me

x
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    I was in a very unhappy marriage so I know that I never want to be in that situation again...that's why I'm calling it quits. I'm trying to say civil for our 2 year old.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Well I assume you made the decision for good reasons so I will say congrats to a new beginning. Better to call it off now compared to later once you are married.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Well...I did it...been engaged almost 3 years...couldn't take it anymore...back to the drawing board for me...staying single forever!

Don't get married just to get married. Enjoy your time with the cats.

catlady.gif
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Haha...I love my cats :)

Don't get married just to get married. Enjoy your time with the cats.

catlady.gif
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thanks...I know it was the right thing to do...just gotta stay strong. :)
    Well I assume you made the decision for good reasons so I will say congrats to a new beginning. Better to call it off now compared to later once you are married.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should say I'm sorry, or congratulations....sooo....congratusorry!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being strong enough to make the right decision for yourself. Sorry to hear it didn't work out, though.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should say I'm sorry, or congratulations....sooo....congratusorry!!!

"Congratusorry"

I concur
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being strong enough to make the right decision for yourself. Sorry to hear it didn't work out, though.

This^. Wishing you all the best on the start of a great new chapter in your life:flowerforyou:
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling?
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse than being in a miserable marriage. Congrat on doing the not easy thing.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thanks! We have been engaged for nearly 3 years. I wasn't quick to run to the alter...been through a nasty divorce and never want to do that again. I would much rather be alone and happy than with someone and unhappy. It's gonna be tough for a little while because the baby is 2 and I have several surgeries coming up, one in 5 weeks but I will figure things out :)
  • th3mach1n3
    th3mach1n3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! yay for you!

http://youtu.be/92kDUiN1zLQ?t=9s
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making that hard decision. Too many people are completely messed up and are more concerned about not hurting the other person instead of doing the right thing and seperating to prevent a bigger hurt down the road. If you were not happy then you did the right thing! Better to have a little hurt now then major issues later on.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Been there. Not an easy thing but in the end I know I made the right choice.

Lean on your friends and loved ones, take time to practice self-care, even if it's as simple as doing your nails or getting your eyebrows down, and be gentle with yourself in this time. You're going to feel *a lot* of different and at times conflicting emotions.

:flowerforyou:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    cats over men???

1Bxdrjt.gif
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Good for you for breaking it off before getting married! I'm sorry that you were in a situation to need to do so, though :)