Broke off my engagement

Options

Replies

• MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I know it was a tough thing to do but it is better in the long run than to be in an unhappy marriage.

Now, on to new beginnings!
  • ccbulldog83
    ccbulldog83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    To new beginnings!:drinker:
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head. Better to be alone and happy than with someone and unhappy. The trick is to know HOW to make yourself happy without the help of others.

You're doing the right thing. hang in there.
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking tough decision. All the best for new beginning
  • Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well...I did it...been engaged almost 3 years...couldn't take it anymore...back to the drawing board for me...staying single forever!

Bless you heart. I hope you feel better about the situation soon!
  • Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being strong enough to make the right decision for yourself. Sorry to hear it didn't work out, though.

^^^ This.
  • athleteguy777
    Options
    Well...I did it...been engaged almost 3 years...couldn't take it anymore...back to the drawing board for me...staying single forever!

Someone who makes a girl wait 3 yrs is a DB
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making that hard decision. I know it wasn't a easy one but you will thank yourself for it later if you haven't already done so.

To new beginnings :)
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    He wanted to get married right away but I didn't. I didn't feel right about it from the beginning and in the past 3 years it just confirmed my thoughts.

Someone who makes a girl wait 3 yrs is a DB
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you gotta pee or get off the pot... or get the other party to make their choice. Either way, sorry to hear, but brave that you are moving on. All the best!
  • TasteofEnvy
    TasteofEnvy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. I'm sorry things turned out this way but you did what was best for you. I hope things remain peaceful between you guys for your kid.... and if they don't I hope you have the strength to work through it.... my parents were divorced since I was little and always fighting .... made me feel like ****.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When you have been in a bad situation before you learn to spot the "things" .. lol. Good for you for being strong enough to acknowledge. I second the congratusorry!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I hear some animal shelters give you a discount on sibling cats from a litter!
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thanks but I have enough cats...and kids :tongue:
    I hear some animal shelters give you a discount on sibling cats from a litter!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I would much rather be alone and happy than with someone and unhappy.

Having been through a bad marriage and divorce as well (and single for 15 years since then), I would even venture to say that it's better to be alone and unhappy than with someone and unhappy. That is, I can change my own unhappiness. I couldn't change him.

Take good care of yourself.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    So you're lookin, huh?
  • mustlovecakes
    Options

Congrats to you my dear! I only wish I could have been as smart as you. :flowerforyou:

One door closes and another one opens
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being brave.
    I should have done that with my first engagement, would have saved me getting divorced 3 years later.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thanks guys...the drama is off the hook right now...why can't people just act like adults? Uggghhhh....

And no...I'm certainly not looking! :happy:
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    He wanted to get married right away but I didn't. I didn't feel right about it from the beginning and in the past 3 years it just confirmed my thoughts.

I've always said, if someone asks you to marry them and you don't feel comfortable getting married at that very moment, then it's not right for you.It's a shame you waited 3 years to confirm what you already knew, but good for you for making the decision to not go through with the marriage.