corset waist trainer......

Options
2»

Replies

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wear a corest for period costuming purposes. You should never wear a corset that is uncomfortable. It should never be painful. Yes, it will reduce your waist size while you're wearing it, but the corset comes off and everything goes back to normal. The biggest 'benefit' I could see it having to weight loss is loss of appetite. But I'm also usually so busy with costume things when I'm wearing one that food is on the back burner. If you want to wear a corset for fun, that's one thing. But I wouldn't think of it as a weight loss tool.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Ok so I will post what I put on the other corset thread... I love corsets!

I wear them out to dinner with a little jacket, I wear them for sexy time, and I have worn on them ON OCCASION to help me control how much I eat out, and I never over tighten.

If you haven't really dug into the topic you should read this. This is from one of my favorite places to get corsets, CorsetStory.com:
    The waist training collection is made up of our most serious corsets. These are the ones intended for the highest degree of body reshaping and when fully laced will reduce the waist by six or seven inches. The broader Steel Boned collection, which includes a huge range of styles and colours, nips in the waist by between four and five inches. Of course, the waist training corsets are also steel boned- with no less than 24 spiral steel bones, in fact. They are designed, engineered, and tailored to provide unparalleled control, comfort, and shape.

Corsets like these over long periods can be used as a technique to reshape your body permanently, giving you a tiny waist even when not wearing a corset. However, this kind of undertaking is a pretty big deal. Take great care with anything that could have long-term effects on your health and consult a medical professional before you start a major waist training campaign. We'd all like to have a sexy hourglass figure but it's not worth harming your body to get it.

That sounds awful to me! (I did highlight some of the more important IMO bits)

When I get to goal however, I plan on getting myself something like this:
    nds-143__2_.jpg-225.jpg
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Please don't do it. I'd rather have a pudgy stomach and all of my internal organs working properly, than have an exaggerated hourglass figure and my insides be a complete mess. It's not worth your health. Because as others have posted it will create a host of issues. Just say no! :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Just tape up all them bulges.

Duct tape has the added benifit of providing hair removal so you save on waxing.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just tape up all them bulges.

Duct tape has the added benifit of providing hair removal so you save on waxing.

Cool a new use for duct tape!!! I never thought of that.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Waist training is actually a real thing. Yes you can lose inches off your waist.

But that requires tight lacing 23 hours a day, only taking it off to shower. And it must be a real corset custom made for your body with steel boning. These cost hundreds to thousands of dollars. If the corset is not made to fit your body it can cause damage.

No it won't damage your internal organs or your ribs. Your ribs are flexible. That's their nature. What it will do is cause muscle atrophy so that you will not be able to hold yourself up without the corset. Fortunately the effects are temporary. If you do decide tight lacing is not for you after awhile, in several months your body will go back to its original shape.

It's not something that I would do, but to each their own. I have a deep appreciation for corsets but only as decorative garments.