Shreddin' Eleven, Week One

Options
For those of you who showed interest in joining me and my sister-in-law on starting 30 Day Shred TODAY, here is our first weekly thread for daily discussion, progress reports, support, encouragement, and tips & advice!!! Come back as often as you wish to keep everyone updated as to your progress, successes, difficulties, and triumphs.

I just finished Day 1 of the Shred, and I have to say that it was as intense as the reviews claimed. Part of me was still in the mindset of "I can't" -- but, I refused to given in to that voice this time. I knew I was fully capable of sticking with Level 1 Day 1, and lo & behold, I DID IT!! Twenty minutes seemed to go by in a flash. LOVE this workout and I just know I'll stick with it each morning, no more excuses!!!

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I'm going to start my this afternoon, we have a time difference. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm still in and I'll post what my thoughts are after I give it a try.

I hope it kicks my butt!! Wish me luck and Happy New Year!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start my this afternoon, we have a time difference. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm still in and I'll post what my thoughts are after I give it a try.

I hope it kicks my butt!! Wish me luck and Happy New Year!

Very best wishes, lots of luck and a very happy new year to you too!! Jillian kicked my butt, and I love her for it.. lol! :)
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just bought 30 day shred too. Do you mind if I join this discussion?
  • Fesse
    Options

Yes, please do!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

You are more than welcome!! :)
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    We just woke up..lol.. so once I get my kids settled and they are content its on!!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    We just woke up..lol.. so once I get my kids settled and they are content its on!!!!

Sweet!!! I'll be taking measurements today and posting results on here to keep track of my weekly progress. My weigh-ins are generally on Monday and Thursday mornings, so I will keep with these days for this challenge as well. Everyone is more than welcome to keep track of their progress through this discussion as well! :)
  • luvallmusic
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!! Can't believe I made it through. Can feel it for sure! It was tough, but I did the best I could do through it and feel accomplished that I actually did it!
  • ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    I can't wait to start this! I am just waiting on it to get here.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!! Can't believe I made it through. Can feel it for sure! It was tough, but I did the best I could do through it and feel accomplished that I actually did it!

That's the idea!!! It doesn't matter what fitness level you're at, Jillian makes it easy enough that you can still get through it, and offers no way for you to make any excuse for yourself -- I love it! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I can't wait to start this! I am just waiting on it to get here.

I hope it gets to you quickly!! :-D
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    bump

Thanks, Leela! ;)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 of the Shred....it was tough towards the end...I didn't stop until it was over.
    I can see were this is going to help me. I also took a pic today in my tight workout clothes....so I will be able to tell a difference.
    I think everyone should take a before & then when we are through the whole thing a after pic....We should look FABULOUS!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I just finished day 1 of the Shred....it was tough towards the end...I didn't stop until it was over.
    I can see were this is going to help me. I also took a pic today in my tight workout clothes....so I will be able to tell a difference.
    I think everyone should take a before & then when we are through the whole thing a after pic....We should look FABULOUS!!

I think you have a great idea here!! Before/After photos plus the measurements/weigh-ins will definitely help to keep us all going and see GREAT results!! :)
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'm in Chandra! I had started it but then moved on to Insanity. Now I'm not allowed to do Insanity after my tendonitis issue so I'm going to restart the shred! Will mostly be doing my workouts in the evenings...so will get started tonight! I'm going to do some other supplemental workouts as well but will keep tabs here!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm in Chandra! I had started it but then moved on to Insanity. Now I'm not allowed to do Insanity after my tendonitis issue so I'm going to restart the shred! Will mostly be doing my workouts in the evenings...so will get started tonight! I'm going to do some other supplemental workouts as well but will keep tabs here!

That's GREAT!! Welcome, and let's SHRED 2011 together! :-D
  • Fesse
    Options
    Just finished Ladies and what a workout. So my results with my HRM is 252 calories burned. What a workout!
    I feel awesome, glad to have you all along for the journey. Lets SHRED this year. I also took before pics today and I took my measurements today as well. Does everyone else want to share that too?
  • sk3etr
    sk3etr Posts: 7
    Options
    Started the shred today and man, kicked my butt! Loved every minute of it though, looking forward to keeping up with it along with some other exercises in between!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Just finished Ladies and what a workout. So my results with my HRM is 252 calories burned. What a workout!
    I feel awesome, glad to have you all along for the journey. Lets SHRED this year. I also took before pics today and I took my measurements today as well. Does everyone else want to share that too?

Well done!!! I have my before picture, but haven't gotten measurements yet. I'm going to have to go out tomorrow and get a tape measure to actually do the measurements -- turns out we don't have one!