Apple Pie Breakfast

Options

Replies

• ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I made it, but only got 4 cups out of the recipe...but at 212 cals per cup, it's still not bad for a dessert!

ETA: For 6 servings, I got 141 cals/ea, not 115...I wonder why?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I made it, but only got 4 cups out of the recipe...but at 212 cals per cup, it's still not bad for a dessert!

Apples and apple juices will all have different calories than each other.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump - sounds like a great chilly morning breakfast!
  • almostfit400
    Options
    this sounds soooo good! I can't wait to try it.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I used 3 gala apples as suggested in the recipe, and the oasis apple juice she uses has 117 cals per cup where the Mott's that I used has 120 cals per cup. So not a huge difference. And while 36 cals isn't a huge difference per cup, it is more and could mean something if someone does eat more than a cup. Just want to make sure I calculated correctly...
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Yummy!!Bump for later!!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

I used 3 gala apples as suggested in the recipe, and the oasis apple juice she uses has 117 cals per cup where the Mott's that I used has 120 cals per cup. So not a huge difference. And while 36 cals isn't a huge difference per cup, it is more and could mean something if someone does eat more than a cup. Just want to make sure I calculated correctly...

I find that some recipes cook differently in different climates. I'm in Alberta, Canada, deep in the rocky mountains. When I make recipes at my Gramma's (she lives near the ocean), I always get a bit of variation. If you like the taste and consistency when you only get 4 cups, I would leave it. If not, try adding an extra cup or so of liquid and see how it goes. That would help bump up the amount slightly. :) Thanks for trying my recipe!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Venus2011
    Options
    bump
    and thanks
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • jessielil
    jessielil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and had a delicious breakfast this morning! Thank you so much for posting this!!! Delicious!
    Howdy! So when you did this you didn't have to stir it very few hours like she suggests? I don't think I can get up and stir my breakfast for four to 6 hours! I'd get hungry :) Thanks!
  • Sweet_kiwi99
    Sweet_kiwi99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I find that some recipes cook differently in different climates. I'm in Alberta, Canada, deep in the rocky mountains. When I make recipes at my Gramma's (she lives near the ocean), I always get a bit of variation. If you like the taste and consistency when you only get 4 cups, I would leave it. If not, try adding an extra cup or so of liquid and see how it goes. That would help bump up the amount slightly. :) Thanks for trying my recipe!

I'm sorry...what does where you live have to do with calorie calculation?
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump!

yummy!! would love to try.. apple pie has always been my weak point :D
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to this!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i think this may end up as a dessert snack for me rather than breakfast!! hahaha.

i miss my apple crumble soooo much :P
  • TheDudette
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump...... bahda-bump.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump! This sounds delish :)
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy, i will have to try :) thanks