disstresful Doctor's visit concerning recovering anorexic.

Options
124»

Replies

• VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering anorexic who's been in recovery since March and I've had to eat 3000 cals nearly the entire time!

I'd deffs get a second opinion.

Also I'm 5'6 and was 98 pounds and gained to 108 really fast as well. Months later I'm still only 113 even tho I'm still eating like crazy!!!
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't have much to contribute on the subject, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're in recovery! Awesome gain, too! :smile:
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Bad doctor.

Technically you should be eating anywhere from 3500-4000 in recovery.

No. The amount of calories you should be on will vary from person to person, and you don't have nearly enough information to tell OP how much to eat. Stop giving medical advice.
    Most doctors have little to no knowledge(correct knowledge) on dietary needs, so i'd suggest you find a dietician.

While it's true that most doctors know little about diets, in many states anyone who wants to call themselves a "dietician" can, with zero knowledge of anything (or at most, a few classes).

OP needs to find a doctor who specializes in eating disorders, and get a sponsor -- eating disorders should be treated like addictions.
  • KoalaKirsty
    Options
    I'm in my recovery at the moment, I'm only 7kg or so underweight, but my psychiatrist has said I should be aiming for 2000 minimum to repair my body (and gain weight). Repairing the damage is the top reason, I think your doctor was insensitive, rude and even triggering by making those unprofessional comments. He should be supportive