Need buddies so I am not tempted to go to McDonalds

Options

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    A Big Mac is 550 calories. You could have four a day and be on 2200 calories, as long as that's all you ate. It'd be kind of cool, losing weight by eating 4 big macs a day and nothing else. Not the healthiest, but interesting. And it sure as hell wouldn't fit anyone's macros.

The big problem is the sodium and fat not necessarily the calories but it is interesting.
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Start doing meal prep at home ... bring food with you so that when you are hungry or craving mcdonalds you always have a healthy snack or meal close by to eat! It will help kick the cravings.

Feel free to add me!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    A Big Mac is 550 calories. You could have four a day and be on 2200 calories, as long as that's all you ate. It'd be kind of cool, losing weight by eating 4 big macs a day and nothing else. Not the healthiest, but interesting. And it sure as hell wouldn't fit anyone's macros.

The big problem is the sodium and fat not necessarily the calories but it is interesting.

Sodium - drink more water than the usual and problem solved.
    Fat, a macro nutrient just like protein and carbs are.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    there is always the option to go to McD's and track it as a normal meal......

This... why do people make things so darn difficult?

If someone is addicted to a certain type of unhealthy food then it may be best to avoid that food. Like smoking. I quit, but if I was to have just one, I would be on 20 a day in no time at all. There are a lot of addictions that are very similar, drinking alcohol, smoking, food.

This is debatable.

Everything in life is debatable ???? We are all different.
  • SlimMe37
    Options

Firstly. I would be sick eating that everyday.
    Secondly. I doubt you would get all your vitimans and nurtrients from that diet
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

If someone is addicted to a certain type of unhealthy food then it may be best to avoid that food. Like smoking. I quit, but if I was to have just one, I would be on 20 a day in no time at all. There are a lot of addictions that are very similar, drinking alcohol, smoking, food.

This is debatable.

Not as different as people would like to believe. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • SlimMe37
    Options

Food is not an addiction or a drug. You need it to survive.

I agree and disagree with you. For some people food IS an addiction. You don't get obese from eating healthily.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

This is debatable.

Addiction is mostly a lack of will power.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

I know you're trolling, but that is wrong.

Dead wrong.
  • SlimMe37
    Options

This is debatable.

So someone who smokes or drinks heavily ISN'T addicted?its just lack of willpower?
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Firstly, yes you would.
    Secondly, that's what I said.

Thanks for the tips. Nurtrients. And vitimans. Too. Good.
  • SlimMe37
    Options

Firstly, yes you would.
    Secondly, that's what I said.

Thanks for the tips. Nurtrients.

Nutrients. Sometimes I type too fast. Grrr
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I second everything that's been said about junk food being addictive... the less you eat, the less you want it. But, of course, breaking the habit is Step One. I know something about this, living right around the corner from a Mickey D's.

This may be somewhat extreme, but try reading one of those tell-all books about the fast food empires... where and how they get their meat, primarily. I've never done this, but I've heard enough brief anecdotal stuff majorto make me think twice before going to one of the cheaper fast-food places.

I haven't managed to totally exclude this kind of food from my diet, but if I want a burger, I normally go to Five Guys and get some quality.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I second everything that's been said about junk food being addictive... the less you eat, the less you want it. But, of course, breaking the habit is Step One. I know something about this, living right around the corner from a Mickey D's.

This may be somewhat extreme, but try reading one of those tell-all books about the fast food empires... where and how they get their meat, primarily. I've never done this, but I've heard enough brief anecdotal stuff majorto make me think twice before going to one of the cheaper fast-food places.

I haven't managed to totally exclude this kind of food from my diet, but if I want a burger, I normally go to Five Guys and get some quality.

Ironic post is ironic.
  • headofphat
    Options

This is debatable.

So someone who smokes or drinks heavily ISN'T addicted?its just lack of willpower?

Absolutely. Just don't drink or smoke. It's literally that simple. You smoke too much then quit smoking. The same goes for alcohol. People like to disguise their lack of will power by saying they have a disease or an addiction.
  • kingfufu
    Options
    When I go to McD's, I get 4 grilled chicken patties. They charge me a $1 per patty. $4.27 for 360 calories, 80 grams of protein, 4 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs.

DON'T get fries.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

This is debatable.

Absolutely. Just don't drink or smoke. It's literally that simple. You smoke too much then quit smoking. The same goes for alcohol. People like to disguise their lack of will power by saying they have a disease or an addiction.

You're not too smart.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Food is not an addiction or a drug. You need it to survive.

I agree and disagree with you. For some people food IS an addiction. You don't get obese from eating healthily.

It is not a matter of eating healthily but mainly how much you eat - Excessive amount of calories will make you gain weight even from steamed broccoli and grilled chicken!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Sodium - drink more water than the usual and problem solved.
    Fat, a macro nutrient just like protein and carbs are.

The fat in 4 big macs is twice my macro. I don't like big macs that much that I want to work out that much harder :)
  • headofphat
    Options

This is debatable.

You're not too smart.

Neither are people who resort to insults in a discussion.
    http://www.thecleanslate.org/myths/addiction-is-not-a-brain-disease-it-is-a-choice/