Embarrassed to be seen running!

Options
1235»

Replies

• atreides42
    atreides42 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am fat and wouldn't call what I do "running" - but I am on my feet trying to be better, and whoever is looking out the window at me is probably sitting on their butt!!
  • rocopoc
    rocopoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too just started the c25k, but I am staying on week1 until I build up my endurance, I'm on round 2. I too am very overweight. This is how I started the running app. 1. Made a funky 70"s playlist. 2. Hit play, hold your head and strut your walk sis, lol Staying Alive is a great song to go this step too, LOL. 3. When it says start running, It actually felt good to know I had a desire to push myself to satert jogging!! I ran and didn't care what people thought, I run the perimeter of a local strip mall where the gym is. I just simply don't care what people think. I never have. I love me. I take full ownership of my size. It is what it is. I'm only competing with myself. Even in bootcamp, I am the last one to finish running sessions. I am just happy to be moving :)
  • DragonfliesOnWings
    Options
    I run too and yes I'm over 200. I usually feel like a bear waddling to the next beehive, but lately I've had moments when my legs feel like they understand what running should be. I've noticed that people who actually run and are in good shape are actually very encouraging when they see you trying.:happy:
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see someone running I mentally applaud them for getting their butts in gear and running... you know.. unlike me who's sitting there and not running. :P