Vixen&Foxes: Valentine's Challange

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    okay, what's D&D? My arms were sore this morning and as I was doing zumba today I was really feeling it! It was a great feeling!
    Has anyone made a challenge for today? My suggestion is to eat the rainbow (fruits, veggies) Shoot for about 4 to 6 servings! Anyone in?

red:
    orange:
    yellow:
    green:
    blue:
    purple:
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    Water done!

I am in for the rainbow.
    red: tomatoe
    orange: clemintine
    yellow: banana?
    green:
    blue:
    purple:

Purlple and blue may nesesitate a run to the store??? suggestions?
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Water done!

I am in for the rainbow.
    green:
    blue:
    purple:

Green - cucumber
    Blue - blueberries?
    Purple - cabbage???
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    tx don't run to the store, you don't have to eat EVERY color of the rainbow.
    A suggestion for purple? grapes?
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hope that by reading these posts I will actually become motivated to MOVE. Althought sitting in front of this computer is not much exercise. But some of the challenges and then people saying they MET them are making me say, "Oh, maybe I can do that" (especially something during commercials). That sounds totally doable and not like your tied to the dreaded treadmill..... Why am I so exercise phobic?

Here's a list of the "equipment" I have downstars is my work out area:
    1) Treadmill (bought about 1 year ago, used 6 times, last time used, February 2010)
    2) Fluidity Fitness Bar (bought about 4 years ago, did intro dvd once, it kicked my butt, haven't tried it since in 4 years)
    3) Thick padded exercise floor mat for situps, etc (1 year old, never used once)
    4) Body Balance Ball (bought about 6 years ago -- used a few times, but not in about 3 years)
    5) Mini-Trampoline (bought 2 years ago this Christmas, used it about 5 times first week, haven't used it since).
    6) Miscellaneous dumbell weights.

My work out area is not a dungeon or a basement, it has tons of windows and sunlight, is fully mirrored on one wall, and also has a 42" flat screen tv there. I also own an MP3 player w/headphones.

So, why oh, why, can't I go and just work out! WHY?!?!?!?!

Sorry for whining. I'm really asking myself this question. Where is my motivation? Has anyone felt like this? What do you suggest I do. I feel overwhelmed.
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hope that by reading these posts I will actually become motivated to MOVE. Althought sitting in front of this computer is not much exercise. But some of the challenges and then people saying they MET them are making me say, "Oh, maybe I can do that" (especially something during commercials). That sounds totally doable and not like your tied to the dreaded treadmill..... Why am I so exercise phobic?

Here's a list of the "equipment" I have downstars is my work out area:
    1) Treadmill (bought about 1 year ago, used 6 times, last time used, February 2010)
    2) Fluidity Fitness Bar (bought about 4 years ago, did intro dvd once, it kicked my butt, haven't tried it since in 4 years)
    3) Thick padded exercise floor mat for situps, etc (1 year old, never used once)
    4) Body Balance Ball (bought about 6 years ago -- used a few times, but not in about 3 years)
    5) Mini-Trampoline (bought 2 years ago this Christmas, used it about 5 times first week, haven't used it since).
    6) Miscellaneous dumbell weights.

My work out area is not a dungeon or a basement, it has tons of windows and sunlight, is fully mirrored on one wall, and also has a 42" flat screen tv there. I also own an MP3 player w/headphones.

So, why oh, why, can't I go and just work out! WHY?!?!?!?!

Sorry for whining. I'm really asking myself this question. Where is my motivation? Has anyone felt like this? What do you suggest I do. I feel overwhelmed.

I know the feeling. My first two years of school I bought an in-dorm gym membership, all I had to do was walk down a flight of stairs and I had this great gym to workout in. I could barely get myself to use it. Now I'm off campus, but the gym is a short drive away (I could walk when it's not winter, but it's up a huge hill...) and it's full of equipment. I would schedule in workout times, but always complain that I was just too tired to go.

Over my winter break I decided it's time to stop making excuses and get fit. I don't have much to lose, but I need to get fit and healthy. I found that forcing myself first thing when I wake up helps me resist the "ugh, I'm just too tired" feeling.
  • jrivest04
    Options
    I would like to join in your challenge! I am currently at 180.5 and I would like to be down to 170. Good luck to all!
  • susanjoan
    susanjoan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...I would love to join. I joined the site on Monday and quite impressed. My present weight is 148 lbs and my goal by Valentines Day is 140 lbs. I have been smoke free for 46 days now and have started running. My goal is to stay smoke free and become more physically fit.

Thanks for letting me join your group
    Susan
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't find this group sooner. I love an active thread that's full of fun and supportive ppl, not to mention fun challenges. I find that the challenges really keep me motivated. So, count me in.

I'm really bummed that I missed the commercial challenge b/c that sounds like a lot of fun.

Nonetheless, here's my information:

I'm a 37 year old, single, no children female currently residing in GA. My weight as of Monday, January 3, 2011 was 130 lbs and my goal is to weigh between 120-122 lbs.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome all!!!

No TV for the commercial challenge again tonight, but I did 5 miles that the gym and I have belly dancing in about an hour, so that'll cut it! :)

D&D is Dungeons and Dragons.. yeah, I'm a geek! hahaha

010511vday.jpg
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Got all my water in again today! Yay! Haven't exercised yet but am about to hop on the Kinect and do a little dancing!!
  • kcrouch0
    kcrouch0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Met my water challenge for today!!! Yay!! Haven't had a chance to work out yet this week. Maybe Saturday will be the soonest I can. Working too late this week. Good luck to everyone one for Monday's weigh in.

Rainbow Challenge:
    Red ~ tomato
    Green~ Cucumber
    Yellow - Yellow pepper
    Orange - Carrot
    Purple - Purple cabbage

It was a yummy salad!
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    Hey!!!!
    I don't know if I missed the post but are we weighing in on monday like last time?
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Most people didn't really stick to the Monday weigh in. Just like last time, when ever you want to update, list it here and as soon as I get a chance, I'll update the grid :)
  • melterp
    melterp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Water done!

I am in for the rainbow.
    green:
    blue:
    purple:

Clementines are PERFECT this time of year! <3
  • melterp
    melterp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't get the chance to watch much tv - so i'm out for the commercial challenge.

Water challenge and rainbow food challenge, here I come...

Red - tomato
    orange - clementine
    brown - pinto beans
    green - lettuce
    purple - cabbage
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    K, mel, you're rainbows look great! and thanks for keeping up with your water.

yesterday's rainbow:
    red: apple, tomato, red peppers
    orange: sweet potato
    pink: grapefruit
    green: lettuce, cucumber, green peppers, snap peas
    white: onion
    yellow: banana

looking to have a similiar rainbow today!
    Margie, I will probably weigh in on Fridays to stay consistent with another challenge that I'm in. The grid looks great!

I will continue the water challenge too and resume the commercial challenge tomorrow.

Choco, thanks for the friend invite and welcome! Let us know if you have any suggestions for challenges. Challenges keep us...well..challenged! :) It's great to mix things up.
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me. I'm feeling very motivated!
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    I would love to join also if it's not to late. I love the red hair, it makes me think of Valentines day. I weigh 180, my goal is 170 by Valentine's Day.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would love to try it my SW is 212 and goal by vday is 198