Vixen&Foxes: Valentine's Challange

Options

Replies

• EMancia
    EMancia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group if possible current Weight - 206lbs by 2/14 - 196lbs
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Love the title & idea of this challenge....hoping I didn't catch it too late to join! I've been stuck at a plateau for over a month, but just started the P90X program.......so between that & this challenge, maybe I'll be able to break through it!!

CSW: 170
    VGW: 160

(I know my ticker doesn't convey my current weight after gaining a bit back, but afraid if I change it, I'll lose motivation!)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! A quick post prior to the start of my morning meeting. Today I completed the Fire 45 EZ dvd from the Turbo Fire program. This is another really good dvd but I struggled with some of the moves so I had to improvise but nonetheless I ROCKED THIS OUT and BURNED 536 calories in 45 minutes.

My supervisor has just called the meeting to order so I must go. Have a great day everyone!

I'll will participate in the water and rainbow challenge today.....

I'm well on my way w/the water challenge and because I'm having a salad for dinner I think I can cover the rainbow.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Rainbow Challenge:

Red - strawberries
    Green -
    Yellow - banana,
    Orange -
    Purple - Grapes
    Blue - blueberries

I'll try to update this after I have dinner but I plan to have a spinach salad w/yellow, red, green peppers, onions, tomatoes and fat free cheese.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love this group!. I am going to join with my starting weight being 152 pounds and I WILL lose 18 pounds to bring me to 134 pounds by Valentine Day. When is weigh in day?

weight.png
  • eorcel
    eorcel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will join, too! My starting weight is 133 pounds and I will be 118 after I lose 15 pounds by V-day.

weight.png
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I forgot my rainbow from yesterday.

Red: Gala Apple
    Orange: carrots from cole slaw
    Yellow-
    Green: cabbage in cole slaw
    Blue-
    Purple: cabbage in cole slaw
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I love this group!. I am going to join with my starting weight being 152 pounds and I WILL lose 18 pounds to bring me to 134 pounds by Valentine Day. When is weigh in day?

we've kind of decided as a group to weigh in on whatever day you normally weigh in and Margie will update the grid when you record your new weight. I like this way better because if you are already used to weighing on a certain day of the week, you don't have to change up your M.O.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Good morning all! A quick post prior to the start of my morning meeting. Today I completed the Fire 45 EZ dvd from the Turbo Fire program. This is another really good dvd but I struggled with some of the moves so I had to improvise but nonetheless I ROCKED THIS OUT and BURNED 536 calories in 45 minutes..

you are simply marvelous!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    ***UPDATE***

Rainbow Challenge:

Red - strawberries, tomatoes, red pepper
    Green - spinach, (5) olives, green pepper
    Yellow - banana, fat-free shredded cheese, yellow pepper
    Orange - orange sweet pepper
    Purple - Grapes
    Blue - blueberries

The salad was awesome especially w/the 4 oz of grilled steak added on the top.

Team Leela: Thank for the compliment and support. I'm hoping I can stay the course and see some real results w/this program but have decided to take it day by day.
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hope that by reading these posts I will actually become motivated to MOVE. Althought sitting in front of this computer is not much exercise. But some of the challenges and then people saying they MET them are making me say, "Oh, maybe I can do that" (especially something during commercials). That sounds totally doable and not like your tied to the dreaded treadmill..... Why am I so exercise phobic?

Here's a list of the "equipment" I have downstars is my work out area:
    1) Treadmill (bought about 1 year ago, used 6 times, last time used, February 2010)
    2) Fluidity Fitness Bar (bought about 4 years ago, did intro dvd once, it kicked my butt, haven't tried it since in 4 years)
    3) Thick padded exercise floor mat for situps, etc (1 year old, never used once)
    4) Body Balance Ball (bought about 6 years ago -- used a few times, but not in about 3 years)
    5) Mini-Trampoline (bought 2 years ago this Christmas, used it about 5 times first week, haven't used it since).
    6) Miscellaneous dumbell weights.

My work out area is not a dungeon or a basement, it has tons of windows and sunlight, is fully mirrored on one wall, and also has a 42" flat screen tv there. I also own an MP3 player w/headphones.

So, why oh, why, can't I go and just work out! WHY?!?!?!?!

Sorry for whining. I'm really asking myself this question. Where is my motivation? Has anyone felt like this? What do you suggest I do. I feel overwhelmed.
    You definately have enough stuff to make your workout interesting.
    Try mixing things up. Treadmill for 5 minutes, ball sit ups for 20 count, different strength exercises, then keep going back to the treadmill for 5 minute increments. Before ya know it you will have done a great workout. 30 minutes of straight treadmill can get boring! Good luck
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HI!! Welcome to the Vixen&Foxes V-day challenge.
    Its good to see you all, new and previous :)

The basics:
    if you want your weight updated on the chart, you have to post it in this thread.
    if you want to be added to the chart I need the weight you would like me to post as your starting weight for this challenge, and the goal weight you would like to reach by Valentine's day
    That's it.. and you're in :)

010311vdayb.jpg
    Can you ad me??
    sw210
    gw 199
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    Got all my water in again today! Yay! Haven't exercised yet but am about to hop on the Kinect and do a little dancing!!

I just got that all for my birthday yesterday. Can't wait to try it out!
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    Weigh in....drum rollll.... 225.4 YEA!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Weigh in..drum roll---172.8! Down from 176 start a week ago! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • acarter72
    Options
    posting twice again. ????
  • acarter72
    Options
    O'maley-chart looks fantastic! Thank you for doing this!

I have not been on here much (except for logging food and workouts) so I will try and block some time tomorrow to see everybody's results! We can lose these pounds by Vday! I know it! :wink:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Weigh in..drum roll---172.8! Down from 176 start a week ago! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

wrg! great job, you motivate me. I can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    scmajm22~ Of course you're on the list!!! You started this group :D

iawierz~ I didn't know if I should add 100 to your starting and goal or subtract 100 from your weigh in? I didn't want to assume wrong, so I just left it as was for now... let me know what I need to fix. :) Either way, congrats on the loss!! :)

010611vday.jpg
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Today I weigh 151! I lost 1 pound from my starting weight.