Is it just me????

Options
124»

Replies

• abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose the easiest fix would be for people to stop judging other people and what they've decided to do for their own health and what works for them.

What appears to be the definition of a fad/extreme/quirky diet: Any diet someone doesn't happen to agree with, doesn't like, doesn't think they personally could maintain long term, or doesn't think will help them personally to loose weight.

I say, let people decide for themselves whether a particular diet is good and works for them. If someone else finds it wacky/extreme or a "fad", too damn bad.

I don't like the raw vegan diet - but if it works for someone else, that's fine by me. I don't like juice diets - but if it works for someone else, it's no skin off my nose. I think a fruitarian diet is quacky, but if it works for someone else, so be it. I wouldn't even think of buying prepackaged meals (Nutrisystem), but if it works for someone else and helps them to lose weight, that's fantastic.

There are many ways to obtain a calorie deficit - the trick is finding what you personally can maintain long term - and that can vary from person to person. Try to let people figure out their own way without labeling them because you don't happen to like the way they do it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    OP, common sense left the building back in the 70's, and maybe even earlier than that.

Maybe that is why I still have mine. I learned stuff in the 60's and 70's and retained what I learned. Then again, I was raised by practical, common sense parents so it may have just rubbed off on me.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose the easiest fix would be for people to stop judging other people and what they've decided to do for their own health and what works for them.

What appears to be the definition of a fad/extreme/quirky diet: Any diet someone doesn't happen to agree with, doesn't like, doesn't think they personally could maintain long term, or doesn't think will help them personally to loose weight.

I say, let people decide for themselves whether a particular diet is good and works for them. If someone else finds it wacky/extreme or a "fad", too damn bad.

I don't like the raw vegan diet - but if it works for someone else, that's fine by me. I don't like juice diets - but if it works for someone else, it's no skin off my nose. I think a fruitarian diet is quacky, but if it works for someone else, so be it. I wouldn't even think of buying prepackaged meals (Nutrisystem), but if it works for someone else and helps them to lose weight, that's fantastic.

There are many ways to obtain a calorie deficit - the trick is finding what you personally can maintain long term - and that can vary from person to person. Try to let people figure out their own way without labeling them because you don't happen to like the way they do it.

Right ...god! People should just mind their beeswax?!?!?

I mean, it's not like they put it out there in public for everybody to see and give opinions/advice/commentary....ugh...oh.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    To follow up here. There is alot to be learned from off-the-wall posts
    what NOT to do. I find them useful for that reason. Alot of good advice comes out. If I've heard it before, I move on, if it's new, interesting stuff (especially cute gifs) I stick around. :smile: