Let's hear some NSV's you never even thought of

Options
124»

Replies

• wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Not glamorous, but I can see my C section scar when I stand infront of a mirror.
    I had full term twins, then ended up being 60lb overweight. My tummy is a mess, but it is becomming less so. It never occurred to me that seeing my scar would be a triumph.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Last night my friend came to the gym to workout with me. I was in the parking lot talking to someone when my friend arrived. She didn't think I was there yet, because she didn't recognize me from behind. She thought I was too small for it to be me. Woohoo!

And, I got to up my circuit round weights by 5 this week.

But, what I'm looking forward to....not buying wide calf boots and shop in a store that doesn't even carry plus size!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There are bones in my hands and my knees! Who knew??? LOL

OMG!!! I thought I was the only one who thought this - LOL!

Every day several times a day I feel for my clavicle bone. It's so close to showing itself! I'm just waiting and waiting and waiting!
  • mikegerber1
    mikegerber1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was recently told "man you sure are killing yourself with all this cardio" to which I replied "no, I was killing myself by eating way too much and not exercising at all!" I didn't even have the mind to tell him that now that I can move a lot easier, I'm actually enjoying it!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring can be easily pulled off and I'm fitting into old clothes. Also I have daily headaches (runs in the family) and I've noticed that they have been BETTER and I don't need as much medicine as I usually do to get through the day. =)

Also I can walk a lot longer without getting sore.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Sometimes, I decide to "cut" because I've gone over a little while mostly maintaining, and sometimes when I make this decision, I can just tell I'm in the right head space. Recognizing this, and seeing this "head space" get stronger, is a pretty significant NSV. Does that make sense? I guess, in other words, my confidence keeps growing.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It's a lot easier to get my wallet out of my back pocket these days.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I have ribs! WHO KNEW!?

I still have a lot of weight to lose… but when I'm laying down, I can feel my ribs! That's a first!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to wear my daughter's hand-me-ups! :-)
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I can now fit in my 13 yo daughters clothes.

Same issues with wedding ring however I haven't previously been able to take off in years as we're stuck on my fat fingers.

Love the feeling of bones under my skin, which feels tight.

Looking at my collar bones when I run.

I don't sweat now, except when exercising. That really surprises me.

I feel so confident
  • mousetrousers
    mousetrousers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can now sleep comfortably on my stomach without my boobs hurting.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to the gym with my sister she told me I look strong while I'm working out and she really struggles to keep up. She doesn't do that much strength training but still made me feel good. I hated being weaker than her.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This was a while ago but all my watches (I own way too many!) became really loose on my wrist. Really loose as in they would spin like a hoola hoop. I had to adjust them all to fit. I keep having to do that periodically for some reason :smile:
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    This was a while ago but all my watches (I own way too many!) became really loose on my wrist. Really loose as in they would spin like a hoola hoop. I had to adjust them all to fit. I keep having to do that periodically for some reason :smile:
    Your post just reminded me of a similar NSV: Now I wish my charm bracelet weren't full, because I want a link taken out so that said bracelet won't spin around on my wrist/forearm.
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same office for over 4.5 years with no temperature issues, but just got a heater for under my desk because after 30+ pound loss, I get cold quickly!
  • natbug37
    natbug37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sitting in my car and realized that my thigh no longer touched the door while I drove.

Realized I needed to adjust my arm rests on my office chair because I'm not a wide as I used to be.

Absolutely love this!! Congrats.
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The little paper shorts that they give me at the massage place no longer split when I climb up on the table!
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just had my first NSV :)
    I bought a top just a month or so ago, but when I got it home it looked awful on me, clinging to my lumps and bumps in all the wrong places, and I looked podgy and frumpy. So I left the tag on and hid it in my wardrobe.
    Tried it on again this morning before preparing to return it, and it looks and fits so much better! I now feel confident enough in it to be able to take off the tag and wear it to work, yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!