MAYO vs PB

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Why? Because the internet is full of pseudoscience.

Neither are good or bad for you. Eat them up if you like them.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    . I wont tell you what white, mushy/creamy reminds me of. Eww. :)

uzt4GjA.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Neither one is good for you, but giving up mayo is pretty easy.

Peanut butter, on the other hand, is so very, very yummy!!

Giving up mayo (or restricting it) was hard-ish for me. Easier to restrict PB. I used to eat mayo sandwiches on white bread! Calorie bomb right there, lol

ETA: I also used to eat butter and peanut butter sandwiches on white bread, lol.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Giving up mayo (or restricting it) was hard-ish for me. Easier to restrict PB. I used to eat mayo sandwiches on white bread! Calorie bomb right there, lol

ETA: I also used to eat butter and peanut butter sandwiches on white bread, lol.
    Mayo sandwich? Ew! ;)

I am, of course, speaking for me there. I know some people don't even like PB. Wish I were one of them! But if I never had any mayo again, I'd be fine with that.

Different strokes! :)

My mother - who fed us just about the most unhealthy diet possible, lol - used to make us butter and PB on white bread. It's not bad tasting!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options

Mayo sandwich? Ew! ;)

I am, of course, speaking for me there. I know some people don't even like PB. Wish I were one of them! But if I never had any mayo again, I'd be fine with that.

Different strokes! :)

I can live without mayo mostly, the only thing I really use it for now is tuna fish and club sandwiches and for the clubs, I mix it half and half with dijon mustard, yum!
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Neither are bad for you however it's true that Peanut butter will give you more benefits/cals VS the mayo.
    Peanut butter as protein and healthy fat were mayo is close to empty calories, most of the time.

It's really up to you. I will never give up my PB and banana toast in the morning or banana bread/muffin covered in PB. On the other end I always liked Nutella but I kind of gave up on it. I didn't like it enough for the caloric intake it represented versus the protein I need in the morning. I never cared much for mayo. I always preferred mustard or other dipping sauce (like hummus or tzatziki in sandwich).
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Why would you even compare PB to Mayo??? they are not used the same way. This post is wrong in so many ways.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Favorite sammies as a kid:

Tuna salad (tuna mixed with mayo, chopped onion and celery)
    Egg salad (with mayo)
    Baloney with mayo
    Peanut butter and grape jelly
    Peanut butter and honey and banana

All of the above on wonderbread!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I can live without mayo, but I do eat it (the kind with olive oil). Now PB? I think I know what my snack is going to be!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Why would you even compare PB to Mayo??? they are not used the same way. This post is wrong in so many ways.

What do you mean? She wasn't asking about how they are used, she was asking why so many internet sites say one is bad and the other is not.
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is delicious by the spoonful....the thought of eating mayo by the spoonful kinda makes me gag

*Hangs head after just licking the mayo spoon :(
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is delicious by the spoonful....the thought of eating mayo by the spoonful kinda makes me gag

*Hangs head after just licking the mayo spoon :(

:sick: :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    In case it needs to be said, Mayo and PB are two different things.

FYI.
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    They both should be on the "throw away and never buy again" list. Peanut butter isn't good for you. People that are allergic to peanut butter are actually allergic to the fungus that grows on it (true fact! =) Almond butter has more amino acids, fight heart disease, and doesn't spike your blood sugar like peanut butter does. Check to see how much sugar is in your peanut butter. Not good.

Mayo is made from eggs, vinegar, and oil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypQuZX5MVsI
    It doesn't have transfat and really isn't all that bad for you. If you stick to natural brands with real mayo then you should be fine, but if you can give it up and use some alternatives then that would be better

10 Healthy Substitutes to Mayo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/mayo-substitutes-mayonnaise_n_4847998.html
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    They both should be on the "throw away and never buy again" list. Peanut butter isn't good for you. People that are allergic to peanut butter are actually allergic to the fungus that grows on it (true fact! =) Almond butter has more amino acids, fight heart disease, and doesn't spike your blood sugar like peanut butter does. Check to see how much sugar is in your peanut butter. Not good.

Mayo is made from eggs, vinegar, and oil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypQuZX5MVsI
    It doesn't have transfat and really isn't all that bad for you. If you stick to natural brands with real mayo then you should be fine, but if you can give it up and use some alternatives then that would be better

10 Healthy Substitutes to Mayo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/mayo-substitutes-mayonnaise_n_4847998.html

My organic peanut butter has lots of protein and 1 gram of sugar, so I have no intention of throwing it away.

No food is bad for you unless you are allergic to eat, or overeat it. Or if someone laced it with cyanide or something, then yeah, throw it away.

PB gets the love because it has protein.

I can't stand Mayo, so I really don't care whether the internet likes it or not :tongue:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    They both should be on the "throw away and never buy again" list.

LOL
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    They both should be on the "throw away and never buy again" list.

LOL

so much lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Because protein and noms.

Eat whatever the hell you want, as long as it fits into your goals.
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of mayo!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    PB - YES
    Mayo - meh
    Miracle Whip!! - YESSS