Lifting Belt

Options
2»

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I'm a power lifter and i use the inzer 10mm belt, for heavy lifts, i only put it on for the big three, when i start to get heavy. I use it for added core support/strength , so i can lift heavier. I "use" my belt, i dont just "wear" it. I brace my core against it, and its a good core workout. i don't wear my belt for back support, if my back hurts in a lift, i'm doing something wrong.

everyone is saying they have the 10mm lever belt, i didn't go with the lever because i change my adjustments for different lifts, or how i'm feeling: fat bloated skinny etc, i have the single prong, and love it. its easy to slap on and off, and adjust to whatever tighteness i'm in the mood for.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You gotta pay attention to what your strength coach tells you....he looks like he knows what he's doing..... :bigsmile:
    Heh, one day when I'm strong finally I'll have to thank him. I think he wants me doing a 4 plate squat before thanksgiving.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't know about the OP but you've all convinced me. Going to wipe the dust off mine and give it another go next squat night.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I use a belt because I can lift more with it. Don't know why.

And it is allowed in RAW powerlifting.

Tom
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    As I start lifting heavier, I want to look into getting a lifting belt to support my back. I've never used one and see two types in most searches: the softer material ones that have less of a back to them, then the harder ones that are made of leather or some other material and look like they have more support.

For instance, there are these 2:
    http://www.amazon.com/LEATHER-LIFTING-BELT-BLK-MED/dp/B0007W2EPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411500676&sr=8-1&keywords=lifting+belt

and

http://www.amazon.com/Valeo-4-Inch-Performance-Profile-Medium/dp/B001QKCHVS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411500676&sr=8-2&keywords=lifting+belt

What are the pro's and con's to each? I would be using this for my squats and deadlifts.

Thanks!

Forgot to answer your question. Don't buy either of those. They suck for powerlifting. Made for some other sport that I am not aware of.

The velcro one will pop off when you get to really heavy weights (ask me how I know).

I like my BestBelt 10mm. http://www.bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/Athlete.aspx Any of the other 4" belts will work, too. Just make sure it fits between the bottom of your rib cage and the top of your hip. If it doesn't and you are lean, it will hurt like hades when you crank it tight.
  • fitness4life78
    Options
    The pros use it and I do too!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have:

Inzer dual prong 10mm
    Inzer lever 10mm
    Bob's belts single prong 13mm

I've used all three for years and prefer the single prong. The dual prong was my first belt and a p.i.t.a. The lever is nice but as another poster noted, if you like it different for different lifts, you have to change it. I like tight on squat and loose on deadlift. The single prong does the trick nicely. The 13mm takes a bit of working in though particularly when you have a small waist. If you have the money, make the investment, they will last forever.

If, however, you ever plan to compete in an IPF affiliate, don't buy one from Elite. The plastic laminate in the middle disallows it.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    In... for accessories!!! \0/