Skinny Dating

Options
crzdirector
crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
So I'm far from skinny, lol...

Seriously though...I am the only single person in my social circle at home. Everyone else that is divorced, got married FAST lol. I've been divorced 5 years and have dated some but nothing super serious.

Now let's add to the mix that I really want whoever I go out with to be at least somewhat fit (I never even considered it before). So I guess my question is...where in the world does a 40 year old single dad meet active women? Other than the obvious Match/Eharm/Etc...thanks y'all

Replies

• gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    out exercising.......
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds weird, but a website called Meetup.com is great to find groups that do anything you can think of. Or you can even start your own group for whatever hobby or interest. It is a great site to explore different activities and such.

Also, depending upon where you are in the world, there are activity groups that are around (I'm sure) that you can sign up for, and just go out and do stuff. Some groups regularly meet, others are sporadic. You will only find a true partner if you aren't looking. So you might as well have fun while you're "not looking" and you might run into someone that you click with who have common interests.

Edit: I remembered another website for you to look at. Lotsofevents.com.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    OK - I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if you're 'far from skinny' maybe you shouldn't make snap judgements on women who also 'far from skinny'? Nothing wrong with a woman with a little junk in da trunk, my friend.

Shallowness aside: Maybe join a local running club?

I'm 41 and the only single person in my social circle and I know how hard it is :sad:

Online dating is the work of the devil lololol I tried it for over a year and all I got from it was a lot of bad date stories.
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    MFP :smile:

Good luck !
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what this is about. I see he's asking where to meet women, but where does skinny dating come in? Lol
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    MFP :smile:

Good luck !

This
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there's an app for that.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    have you heard of this dating site called MFP?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    MFP. Greatest dating/hook up site on earth.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds weird, but a website called Meetup.com is great to find groups that do anything you can think of. Or you can even start your own group for whatever hobby or interest. It is a great site to explore different activities and such.

Also, depending upon where you are in the world, there are activity groups that are around (I'm sure) that you can sign up for, and just go out and do stuff. Some groups regularly meet, others are sporadic. You will only find a true partner if you aren't looking. So you might as well have fun while you're "not looking" and you might run into someone that you click with who have common interests.

Meet-up is a good idea, as you actually meet in groups and if you find you connect with someone then you can ask them out.

My current GF was actually the organizer of 2 groups in Meet-up in my local area
  • jamieben1824
    jamieben1824 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there's an app for that.

For real tho!
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Also... Target. There's a lot of beautiful women in the cat food/ kitty litter isle on Friday nights.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    190px-Playbook_cover.jpg
    \m/
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what this is about. I see he's asking where to meet women, but where does skinny dating come in? Lol

I think he is just saying he'd like to meet women who share his new active lifestyle. Probably not the best choice in wording though :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    MFP. Greatest dating/hook up site on earth.

MFP, where married women go to get there jollies
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I have looked at meetup.com. That site has all different types of social events going on. I haven't been to one yet. They again I have not really been out that much lately.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Let's be completely fair: your stated current weight on your profile is 227 and says you want to lose about 30 pounds.

So don't discount a woman because she's not fit - because you're not exactly fit yourself. Knowwhatimean?

You can't demand in a partner something that you yourself cannot offer.

So say you meet a woman who's a little overweight. How do you know she's not working on her goals just like you are? Because that "fit" woman may very well look at you and think the exact same thing you think about that overweight woman who's trying to lose 30 pounds.

I agree with the others: join an activity group.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Dude if you have been divorced 5 times maybe dating/marriage isn't for you.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    ^^ i think he just wants someone who is willing to put some effort into thier health/physical apperance. not necessairly a hard body
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Lots of Events looks like such a great option... HOWEVER (always a caveat, right!) it is very limited in locations.

In the entire state of California the only location for members is San Francisco. Yeah, being a resident of fantastic SoCal (San Diego to be specific), this site is just not an option. Cool thing though, by design their member sign in/up requires new members to chose a location. Select this first or click on locations to see if there is a location near you.

Thanks for the suggestion though, it does look like a fun option... providing you live in one of their locations! :smile: