Skinny Dating

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    If you are going the online dating route, just make absolutely sure you find someone before you hit the magical age of 45. . Because that's when everything stops. . I'm more fit, more successful, and more awesome than ever, lol. But, sadly, it took too long. :ohwell:

Try being a woman over 40 :sad: :sad:

I haven't had a boyfriend in over 2 years :mad: :explode:

Well. .then reply to my damn messages I keep sending you on OKC!. . lol. .

I gotta say that's one cesspool I'd rather stay out of. Bad enough I was on PoF for 6 months :grumble:

Let me tell you about the guy who got so drunk on our date that he got a DUI on the way home and called me from jail :explode:

I'm sorry, but that made me snort out loud.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    If you are going the online dating route, just make absolutely sure you find someone before you hit the magical age of 45. . Because that's when everything stops. . I'm more fit, more successful, and more awesome than ever, lol. But, sadly, it took too long. :ohwell:

I gotta say that's one cesspool I'd rather stay out of. Bad enough I was on PoF for 6 months :grumble:

Let me tell you about the guy who got so drunk on our date that he got a DUI on the way home and called me from jail :explode:

I wonder if it was intentional to get drunk? I can imagine going on a date and that night the girl calls me to pick her up from jail.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Awww, that's romantic! .. :D. . I once deliberately got drunk on a first date, hoping it would turn the girl off so much she wouldn't ever talk to me again. . problem is, i'm a blast when I'm drunk! :drinker:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

whats okc?
  • yopeeps025
    Options

whats okc?

Okcupid. I know of success stories and I know horror stories.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

whats okc?

OK Cupid. . it's a dating site. . It's pretty bad. . i have to admit. . lol. but I think they all are. .
    Options

whats okc?

OK Cupid. . it's a dating site. . It's pretty bad. . i have to admit. . lol. but I think they all are. .

they are definitely entertaining, though.
  • stemmingthetide
    stemmingthetide Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Fitness Singles . com
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Yeah sure...it's all fun and games until you get a call from the Hillsdale, NJ police department at 3:30 in the morning :noway:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

they are... i was told Tinder is like shooting fish in a barrel... theres really no way to **** up that one, evidently people just don't find me attractive... at least it explains a lot lol
    Options

Yeah sure...it's all fun and games until you get a call from the Hillsdale, NJ police department at 3:30 in the morning :noway:

hey, you got a great story for future dates, lol.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

whats okc?

The problem with me is that I'm not a 'joiner'. .Going to a meetup with a bunch of people I don't know is waaaay out of my comfort zone. . I'm a likeable guy, but I'm just not extroverted enough. . so meeting women IRL is tough. . combine that with the fact that I work from home and don't drink (anymore) . . Well. .the options are pretty limited. . Online dating is annoying and frustrating and replete with LIARS! (yeah, the women lie too!). . But at least it offers hope until I can work up the courage to leave the house.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

they are... i was told Tinder is like shooting fish in a barrel... theres really no way to **** up that one, evidently people just don't find me attractive... at least it explains a lot lol

Yeah.. me neither apparently!.
    Options

whats okc?

The problem with me is that I'm not a 'joiner'. .Going to a meetup with a bunch of people I don't know is waaaay out of my comfort zone. . I'm a likeable guy, but I'm just not extroverted enough. . so meeting women IRL is tough. . combine that with the fact that I work from home and don't drink (anymore) . . Well. .the options are pretty limited. . Online dating is annoying and frustrating and replete with LIARS! (yeah, the women lie too!). . But at least it offers hope until I can work up the courage to leave the house.

that's why I'm online dating, too. I work 2 jobs and don't go out often at all.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

So let me ask you a question? Do you feel that every person you like on Tinder that it should be a match? BTW I do know the feeling of how many not matches on Tinder but here what will happen. I will get down to my goal and repost a pic of new me. Wait like a week and give Tinder another try. I know results will be different.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Let's be completely fair: your stated current weight on your profile is 227 and says you want to lose about 30 pounds.

So don't discount a woman because she's not fit - because you're not exactly fit yourself. Knowwhatimean?

You can't demand in a partner something that you yourself cannot offer.

So say you meet a woman who's a little overweight. How do you know she's not working on her goals just like you are? Because that "fit" woman may very well look at you and think the exact same thing you think about that overweight woman who's trying to lose 30 pounds.

I agree with the others: join an activity group.

I totally agree with this... better to get to know someone first before making a snap judgement based on how they look, because until you get to know them, you have no idea if they have any goals, how far they've come etc. I mean, you are are a journey yourself here...not fair to rule someone out who is on a journey as well, but you dont know that unless you get to know them.

I have friends who weight a lot more than me, but way more fit than I am because they have been eating right, exercising, and could totally kick my butt on a run (since I dont run *at all*) even though they are far more overweight than I am, and if they keep at the pace they are, will look better than me and with better fitness levels a year from now (because I still wont be running lol)

But then, like I was seeing a guy who actually is the most overweight guy Ive ever been involved with. His personality drew me in, but his lifestyle sucked. We went on two dates, then after that all he wanted to do was bum around on the couch, the idea of leaving his home to actually do anything literally made him angry, and we ended up breaking up over it.

So for me, its not about the weight, its about someones lifestyle...I couldnt be with anyone, no matter what their weight, if all they want to do is sit on the couch and watch comedy shows all day every day. But I could be with a guy, no matter his weight, if he had some interest in getting up and doing something, even if its just going for a walk, a bike ride, something..anything...anything but lounge, eat and sleep on the couch all day!! (LoL sorry, that whole thing is fresh on my mind =P)
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

So let me ask you a question? Do you feel that every person you like on Tinder that it should be a match? BTW I do know the feeling of how many not matches on Tinder but here what will happen. I will get down to my goal and repost a pic of new me. Wait like a week and give Tinder another try. I know results will be different.

Lol. .nooooo. . certainly not EVERY one. . I just can't swipe NO to the hot 25 year old. .I've tried, my fingers won't obey me!. .But no. I know that's silly and truthfully, if I did get a match with someone that much younger than me I wouldn't take it seriously. . I've had my fill of young party girls. .

But there are a LOT that I really do think should be a match. .Women very close to my age who are nearby. . (and I live in a fairly small town, so the dating pool is pretty damn shallow). . It's the fact that none of those swipe yes that sort of confuses me.. . I think there are about 12 super hot guys dating all the women on tinder in my area!
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

whats okc?

So. . any quality guys. or just a bunch of introverts who are afraid to leave their homes?
    Options

whats okc?

So. . any quality guys. or just a bunch of introverts who are afraid to leave their homes? :laugh:

its hard to tell at this point, but definitely have some funny stories. I mean, it is what you make of it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Lol. .nooooo. . certainly not EVERY one. . I just can't swipe NO to the hot 25 year old. .I've tried, my fingers won't obey me!. .But no. I know that's silly and truthfully, if I did get a match with someone that much younger than me I wouldn't take it seriously. . I've had my fill of young party girls. .

But there are a LOT that I really do think should be a match. .Women very close to my age who are nearby. . (and I live in a fairly small town, so the dating pool is pretty damn shallow). . It's the fact that none of those swipe yes that sort of confuses me.. . I think there are about 12 super hot guys dating all the women on tinder in my area!

Tinder can be all base on Looks only. You have the option to click to see mutual friends, likes, and whatever liner they wrote or more. You or me or anyone don't know what is someone preference. This took a lot of years for me to accept as it is what it is.