Anyone want to share a diet that produces results :)

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup, don't diet.. you're welcome
    lol. Let me guess: you're on a calorie counting, weighing, measuring, portion control non diet?
  • awesomedjmcvey
    awesomedjmcvey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't eat out, only eat fruits, veggies and lean meats. I eat 6-7 times a day. 3 weeks 18 pounds gone. Oh well I do have my reeses mini cups every night though... shhhh dont tell anyone!
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Eating less! Moving more!
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    lol. Let me guess: you're on a calorie counting, weighing, measuring, portion control non diet?

Oh let me guess you're still annoying? DING DING DING DING!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    has anyone mentioned keeping your caloric intake at a healthy and sustainable deficit yet?
  • ConnieR
    ConnieR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Reading oa literature,and skinny ***** combined worked for me big time. I used the principals in oa to stick with the skinny ***** meal plans.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I cut my calories by over half and am having great results so far! Eating protein rich snacks and moving all the time!

How did you determine what half was? This formula won't be healthy weight loss for many people.

There's a sliding scale.....to help you lose fat and KEEP lean muscle.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

The one that you will stick with is the one that will produce results. The above is good for figuring out how much you should be losing a week, and this is a great guide for filling out your diary, and not depriving yourself. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am new a ready to get healthy and happy :) I recently gained 35lbs after having a baby and would like to lose it :)

There's a great one I know. It's called: set up your information on this site, follow the recommendations, eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, eat foods you like in quantities that fit your nutrition goals, include some form of resistance training, and tweak things as you go.

I know it's a long name and a bit unorthodox, but it's totally worthwhile.

If you haven't found these guides yet, I always suggest starting with these links:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1365345-getting-started-a-marine-s-perspective

And then these if you want to take your logging to the next step:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

This...This...This!!
    yep. this
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

not an answer. And not a surprise.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The Paleo way of eating has changed my life. I absolutely love it. It is a plan I can stick to for the rest of my life, so it works for me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

not an answer.
    also not pertinent to the OP. Not sure why you'd single someone out just to...

oh wait, it's you.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    the "eat at a deficit" diet. It's all the rage, I hear.
  • Twbflutefreak
    Twbflutefreak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    IIFYM which stands for "if it fits your macros."... body builders use it but its also helpful for people who have smaller specific attainable goals, people who just wanna shed some extra fat (like 35 lbs) rather than loose a ton or something.

its basically what everyone said on here... tracking macros and calories :)

That way, you will still make smart "clean" food choices but you aren't limited in any way on WHAT to choose.... as long as it fits your macros;) it really is great and I am just now hopping on the IIFYM wagon and its just basically gets right down to the science and math of things! straight truth!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

not an answer.

oh wait, it's you.
    Actually it IS pertinent to the OP.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

not an answer.

oh wait, it's you.
    arguing with someone else's post is pertinent to what the OP asked?

As a protocol droid, I'd really think you would understand how these forums work.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    This is the plan I used to help me drop 78 lbs:

BREAKFAST:

*Pair a carb w/ a protein (any combination)

CARBS:

¼ c. oatmeal

¼ c. cream of wheat

1 piece of toast

1 mini whole-wheat bagel

1/2 banana or small piece of fruit

2 c. grapes

1 slice ezekeal bread (Trust me, you want to toast this!)

1 whole wheat waffle or pancake

PROTEINS:

1 egg + 2 egg whites

6 tbsp. egg beaters

2 slices turkey bacon

4 oz. turkey sausage

1 boiled egg w/ 1 boiled white

Any type of omelet w/ veggies (made from egg whites & lean deli ham or turkey)

2 slices of Canadian bacon

-OR-

1 serving Kashi cereal (protein) with 1 cup of skim or almond milk (I really love the vanilla almond milk).

-OR-

1 whole wheat English muffin sandwich (egg white, 2% cheese, & one of the lean meats listed above)

SNACKS:

* Try not to eat over 20g carbs in snacks & try to pair with protein

Any kind of raw veggies w/ Ranch Greek yogurt dip (tastes just like traditional ranch)

Light string cheese + 10 nuts (almonds, cashews, ect)

Sugar free jello or pudding w. lite cool whip

No sugar added hot chocolate (with skim milk or almond milk)

Yogurt/fruit/ granola parfait

Any type of fruit or veggies

150 cal (or less) protein shake

Baked tortilla chips w/ salsa

10 crackers + hummus (I really like the sundried tomato or roasted red pepper kind best)

LUNCH:

* Pair any carb, meat, and veggie of your choice

Whole wheat wrap (chicken, turkey, lean beef, fish, or tuna w/ any veggies, 2% cheese, ¼ avocado, light dressing or light mayo)

½ sweet potato or ½ c. brown rice or ½ c. wheat noodles

4 oz. any type of lean meat

Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, spinach, salad, frozen veggies, edamame beans, yam patties, green beans, peas, turnips, zucchini, squash

Half sandwich on light wheat bread with a can of light soup

Lean cuisines etc (Try not to go over 35g carbs)

DINNER:

* No Carbs!!!!

4 oz. lean meat + green veggies or salad
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Any diet that has a calorie deficit will produce results. Set your goals on here, get a food scale, eat at/under your goal, and log everything accurately.

This, right here!

There is no secret, magic diet. If you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose. Figure out how many calories you need to lose, set your goals, buy a set of measuring cups, measuring spoons and a food scale and log everything you eat accurately. Then, if you are so motivated, add in a little exercise. You can lose weight without the exercise, but the exercise will make you feel better, keep the weight off easier and look better in the end.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think you have to find what's right for you through trial and fail. It has to be something healthy and maintainable so it becomes a habit rather than a quick solution :)

You can add me if you like, I had a bit of time off and now I am back on track!

Making a tumblr blog helped me a lot as I found tons of stuff about nutrition and exercise.

This is mine http://doughnutsnomore.tumblr.com/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

not an answer.

oh wait, it's you.
    arguing with someone else's post is pertinent to what the OP asked?

As a protocol droid, I'd really think you would understand how these forums work.
    LOL. Indeed, the ensuing discussion isn't relevant (as most discussions here aren't). But answers like "don't diet" aren't helpful in the slightest.

OP: Apologies if my comments derailed your thread, that was not my intent.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Any diet that has a calorie deficit will produce results. Set your goals on here, get a food scale, eat at/under your goal, and log everything accurately.
    bingo.

the "I eat less than my TDEE" diet.

^^^ There you go. ^^^