2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Replies

• amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Great post. Very genuine and very encouraging. I will save this one and reread from time to time.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    OMGosh I think I love you. Thank You taking the time to write this!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    I don't know which is more impressive, your weight loss or keeping it off.

You would be an awesome fitness trainer or weight-loss counselor.
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    You are amazing! And you look fabulous. Such an inspiration!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    I remember your story and how awesome that you are still maintaining this lifestyle in a healthier way! Congrats
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    The best article I have read on MFP. Congrats to you I completely agree with your article.
    Indeed, Thank you!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    I don't know which is more impressive, your weight loss or keeping it off.

You would be an awesome fitness trainer or weight-loss counselor.

That's really kind of you!! I wish I had the time to add that to the mix, seriously.
  • ShannonMpls
    did you follow mfp's plan or tdee?

TDEE, kind of. I wrote a blog post about why, and how to calculate it, awhile back. It can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/tdee-exercise-calories-an-alternate-way-to-customize-mfp-goals-238045
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    You are an awesome example!
    It appears you 'got it' about this being an entire lifestyle change and that really does mean a life long endeavor.

I agree one hundred percent with you that this is a lot about changing unhealthy habits into healthier ones.

My youngest son 'got it' too. He had an incredible doctor explain to him there is no diet in the world or no deep well of willpower that would change him. It would only come from making new habits and sticking to them. He is now 19 and lost about 80 pounds over a period of 4 years. He's not gained one ounce back and he plans on keeping this healthier body of his. He told me how much he loves his new life; being able to actually enjoy running up stairs!

Again, you're incredible and thanks for motivating many, many people on this site.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Great story, great advice!
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    This is the best post I've read on MFP, and there are oodles of great and inspiring posts here. Thank you for sharing your story. I want all of my MFP buddies to read this!
  • ShannonMpls
    My youngest son 'got it' too. He had an incredible doctor explain to him there is no diet in the world or no deep well of willpower that would change him. It would only come from making new habits and sticking to them. He is now 19 and lost about 80 pounds over a period of 4 years. He's not gained one ounce back and he plans on keeping this healthier body of his. He told me how much he loves his new life; being able to actually enjoy running up stairs!

I love this! Your son's doctor sounds amazing, and I am soooo proud of your son for doing this! He will have a lifetime of adventure ahead of him.
  • KaziTime
    KaziTime Posts: 14 Member
    Definitely life-changing insights. So well written also. Thank you.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    You are amazing! Thank you for your story and motivation.
  • candidcamster
    candidcamster Posts: 44 Member
    Love this, congratulations and you're gorgeous inside and out! Very motivational, and I agree it is not a diet, it's a way of life.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Congrats and thanks for sharing. So motivational!!!!!!!
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Shannon, I've read your prior maintenance posts and love how honest you are with the process. It's seriously inspirational to see the "two years after", because often GOAL is where the story ends.

Before I started my journey I finally started loving me for me, fluff and all. It wasn't until after I truly loved myself that I was able to pursue my goal of being healthy. My success wasn't going to be measured by weighing a certain amount, but being able to go on family hikes without being out of breath, not feeling miserably full after eating, and be physically strong. My motto has been "eat now the way I will need to eat for the rest of my life". I've also refused to give up the foods (and beverages) that I love, but instead I'm learning to balance those choices better. Thank you for the very real truths and reminders that those are indeed the keys to success. I truly believe that fully understanding that the habits you form now are the habits that will carry you through maintenance. While I'm not at goal (yet!) and it's taking me a bit longer to get there, there is much success in continuing to get right back on that wagon after any setback, large or small.

Thank you again for continuing to motivate us with your post-goal reality!
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Absolutely wonderful; thank you for posting. You are an inspiration. (And a really good writer!)
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Thank you for this!
    I am sooo close to maintenance and I'm getting nervous.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Thank you for this and congrats on maintaining your weight loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!