2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• nofear
    Options
    Love love love. This says everything anyone needs to know to be successful. Thank you.
  • nay4444
    nay4444 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. You are my role model!! Lol
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congratulations both on your loss and your maitenance!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 2 years!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gagatcu
    gagatcu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love this! Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    One of the sanest posts I've ever seen on mfp!

I'm equally irked by the 'food is for fuel' idea as it ignores all the other wonderful facets of food.
  • BeachinBeauty
    BeachinBeauty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I normally lurk around on here, but I just had to comment to say how inspiring this post was. I am still in the losing phase, but my method has been just like yours. Often, I receive the frustrating "diet" comments from people in my life. I calmly explain that I am not dieting. Diets aren't sustainable for life. I've got a fresh loaf of pumpkin bread (prepared with applesauce and water in lieu of oil and eggs ;)) on the stove right now. I'll have a piece later because it fits into my daily limit. I love to cook and I love food! But, I have realized how to make healthier choices and eating is no longer a mindless process. I log every meal, drink and snack. Fitness is still a work in progress for me. But, I know that I can eat this way for the rest of my life and won't be missing a thing once it's time to maintain. Thank you, OP!!!
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    Options
    Your words are as beautiful as you! Thanks for the wonderful post to enlighten those who are still in the dark about maintaining weight loss. When the brain is changed, things just fall into place. I'll be quoting you when I treat my patients, "eat the way you want to maintain". Awesome!

Congrats...there's no way you're going back to your previous size. No chance :)

Your friendly dietitian
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Amazing! congratulations!
  • pwrchrd
    pwrchrd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wonderful message! You rock!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Thank you for sharing.

And congrats on your success in losing the weight, and your continued success in maintenance.
  • happymommy321
    happymommy321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how much this post means to me! A few years ago I lost 52 pounds. I gained it all back, plus plenty. I have been worried that I am doing all this for nothing, even though I know this time is different. I am making better choices and realizing that a little of a tasty treat is just as satisfying as a huge helping!i am also loving exercise! I know this time is different- that I am not dieting, but living a healthy lifestyle and the weight loss is just a side effect, but it still scares me to think that I could slip back to my old ways. Knowing that you have a similar mindset and have been so successful fills me with so much hope!
  • Rhea_L
    Rhea_L Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great read! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • Monna2
    Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Amazing article..amazing inspiration.
    You are definitely a great role model and a great person.
    Thank you for all the love and inspiration.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you lose so FAST?! I have been at this for over 2.5 years and have lost 78lbs. I read many stories like yours and just amazing by how quick you were able to drop down to a healthy weight.

I am also aiming to lose 100lbs, I eat everything in moderation...exercise daily and closely track my calories on MFP and through my bodymedia armband. I lose consistently, and have been incredibly focused to reach my goal and beyond. I just struggle with the fact that many lose 100+ pounds in just a little over a year.

It is inspiring to read, though frustrating!
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Truly insightful
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Two thumbs way, way up.
  • MandyGraham73
    MandyGraham73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love this post. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!