REALLY Hot on Keto Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• LiveForTheWilderness
    Options
    I have the opposite reaction. I get cold! Perhaps it's keto, perhaps it is the weight loss, or perhaps a combination. If you have only been doing keto for a few weeks, it may just be your body readjusting. Or it may be entirely unrelated to your diet.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,951 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite reaction. I get cold! Perhaps it's keto, perhaps it is the weight loss, or perhaps a combination. If you have only been doing keto for a few weeks, it may just be your body readjusting. Or it may be entirely unrelated to your diet.

I do that too. I have periods of the day where I'm freezing, but that (for me) is usually around 10pm and I just curl up under blankets. In the middle of the night, I wake up hot and kick them off. I find that I'm more sensitive to cooler temps and it takes me longer to adjust. But I've lost 47lbs and feel great, so it's worth it to put up with the annoyance.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm not feeling hot, but I'm sure LOOKING hot!

BAZINGA!
  • HissyFitness
    Options
    I recommend the book Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore. It addresses the affect of keto and hormones in women that have dealt with or are dealing with menopause. Give it a couple more days to see if it clears up, if it doesn't it could be a hormonal thing. Definitely check out Keto Clarity, because it will definitely answer your questions. :smile:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I've had episodes as well where I get flushed and just feel too warm. I was thinking it was thermogenesis, tied to the low carb intake.

I am also just getting into week two of low carb, not sure I am quite Keto, and trying to figure out all the ups and downs. I have recently started getting that bad taste in my mouth...that is the worst if you ask me.

In any case, I take it all as a sign that the changes are working, and it helps to see the lower number on the scale this week!!
  • Jeanwf
    Jeanwf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I upped my water intake today and had a couple more grams of carbs but still in ketosis. Not so many hot flushes and will see if I am hot at night which is really annoying because it wakes me up! On the plus side I feel AMAZING today for the first time. Hopefully the hotness will subside.:blushing:
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's because your eating more fat and your body is burning it faster
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Jeanwf wrote: »
    Hi. Anyone out there suffer from feeling really, really hot doing Keto Diet. My face is as red as beetroot in the mornings and throughout the day I get several hot flushes. Any ideas?:explode:

I am just a few years younger than you, and I cycle through horrible hot flashes due to menopause. Caffeine makes them worse, so it's only decaffeinated drinks for me. Drinking lots of cold water seems to helps me too.

Sorry, I don't know if the keto diet can cause hot flashes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Well your profile says you're 54, soooo...but if you're done with all that...I would check with the Dr.
    granted, hot flashes can return AFTER...

So true. In fact, I have a few female friends who are done with menopause but still have hot flashes cycle through.