Fitbit a piece of crap

Options
13»

Replies

• hazcad
    hazcad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the charge 2. I sent it back 3 days later!
    Brushing my hair gained 50 odd steps, changing clothes nearly 100. Preparing dinner 70 odd.
    It was great when I was actually walking places but for everyday general use it counted way too many steps I didn't do.

I tried both hands and fiddling with the setting with no luck. They really need to work on the sensitivity settings I think to make it more accurate.

But on a positive I'm loving the Fitbit scales.
  • FitKat123
    FitKat123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the flex. It registers steps if I'm rocking in a rocking chair. But I know that so I either take it off or put it in my pocket. I used to wear it as a necklace and it worked pretty well that way. It takes getting to know the limitations. I do find it motivating.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    hazcad wrote: »
    I recently purchased the charge 2. I sent it back 3 days later!
    Brushing my hair gained 50 odd steps, changing clothes nearly 100. Preparing dinner 70 odd.
    It was great when I was actually walking places but for everyday general use it counted way too many steps I didn't do.

I tried both hands and fiddling with the setting with no luck. They really need to work on the sensitivity settings I think to make it more accurate.

But on a positive I'm loving the Fitbit scales.

Mine doesn't do that at all. So weird.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Overgrown pedometers, was given a charge hr for free, total rubbish, burned 100 calories while making bread, 40 while unloading the washing machine, 200 while walking less than a mile.
    most people seem to like them because they massively overstate the calories used for whatever they are doing which makes them feel good.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    people have been having trouble with the charge and HR causing overestimations from what i have been reading on here as of late. mine is pretty spot on with the occasional glitch, i have the old flex. any charge HR people can chip in on the overestimation issue.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    people have been having trouble with the charge and HR causing overestimations from what i have been reading on here as of late. mine is pretty spot on with the occasional glitch, i have the old flex. any charge HR people can chip in on the overestimation issue.
    I have charge 2 and it over estimates my calories burned by at least 500 every day. My tdee is around 2000 most days but it keeps telling me it's 2500. So it wants me to gain weight!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Nice thread resurrection!

Yup. Pretty sure the OP is over it by now.
  • jazzyspender
    jazzyspender Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Had 2 Fitbit with broken wristbands. I emailed Fitbit and they sent me new ones at no charge!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Any step tracking that includes HR in the measurements will overstate calories. Switch off the HR monitoring and see what that does.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Woodspoon wrote: »
    Overgrown pedometers, was given a charge hr for free, total rubbish, burned 100 calories while making bread, 40 while unloading the washing machine, 200 while walking less than a mile.
    most people seem to like them because they massively overstate the calories used for whatever they are doing which makes them feel good.

Your body burns calories by living so if you spent an hour making bread, you could have burned 100 calories in that time.