Children named after tv characters or celebrities

HunterKiller
HunterKiller Posts: 361 Member
My daughter has Aeryn from a tv show called Farscape as a middle name.

Am just curious to see how many people on here have done the same.

Replies

• Weightwatcher72
    Weightwatcher72 Posts: 95 Member
    My eldest son Peter nearly 21yrs old, was named after Peter Gabriel

Also My youngest daughter has the middle name Scarlett after Scarlett Ohara
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Unintentionally, my daughter is Charly Rose...
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    the wife wouldn't let me call our first Mr Blobby

and then she also refused Patrick Stewart - i kept saying Make It So, but she wouldn't have any of it
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    My son is named Nathaniel from the main character in Last of the Mohicans. My daughter is named Olivia after the mom on The Waltons.
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    I have a Heavy Metal Fan as a friend, and he named his daughter Alice after alice cooper.

:drinker:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    My son is named Luke. It started out as a name from the Bible...somewhere in the early nineties it turned into a reference to, you guessed it, Luke Skywalker....

He has Darth Vader, Yoda, and an imperial storm trooper as covers on his golf clubs.

May the force be with you......
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    our daughter Mia was an unintentional nod to FastAndFurious :)
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Not her official name, I called my daughter Mowgli for years because she was the spitting image of the Disney character. Until one day she mutinied and said, in capitals, "CAN YOU STOP CALLING ME MOWGLI! HE'S A BOY AND I'M A GIRL!"
  • My youngest child's middle name is Leia, after princess Leia, wanted to make it her first name but hubby was having none of it ????
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    My daughter's middle name is Boleyn, after Queen Anne Boleyn.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    If I have a kid, I'll be naming it Turd Ferguson, because it's a funny name.
  • melmelw80
    melmelw80 Posts: 352 Member
    I have a Mylie....but I swear it wasn't for Miley Cyrus. I was a grown *kitten* woman when Hannah Montana was popular 7 years ago and had no clue who she was. God help my child when she gets older..maybe people will have forgotten about Miley by then?
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    I had a teen crush on Ethan Hawke after Reality Bites

So I named my son Ethan.

I now think Ethan Hawke is nasty and probably stinks of burnt coffee, moldy cigarettes and unclean women.

But my son sure is a doll.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    My daughter's name is Lucille "Lucy" after Lucille Ball. She's also redheaded, which was mostly luck (and recessive genes).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    If I have a kid, I'll be naming it Turd Ferguson, because it's a funny name.

tumblr_lpxlqlUWSe1qba57ko1_r1_400.gif
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    I have watched The Young and The Restless since I was a kid...when I was pregnant with my daughter my fav character at the time was named Mackenzie...loved the name because I heard it daily and it always struck me as my fave...took me a while to get dad to like it...he of course had some girl he remembered from school way back when that had that name...seriously picking names was hard because of this...eventually he came around...we dropped the E...and she is Mackenzi :) I still love her name and she is 10.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    I have a friend who named his daughter Katniss.

Knowing him, that was his wife's influence. I'm not sure he would know what the Hunger Games is.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    My middle daughter was named Tara, because my wife is a big fan of "Gone With the Wind."

My youngest daughter was named Holland, because I liked Holland Taylor's character in "Bosom Buddies."
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    I named my son Logan because I liked it from a TV show that was on years ago (that I can't remember the name of). My sister-in-laws brother named his daughter Samara Halen after Van Halen. LOL.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    My kids' names are Jay and Silent Bob. My daughter is Silent Bob. It's kind of the inverse of A Boy Named Sue.