Children named after tv characters or celebrities

Options

Replies

• ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My oldest is named Lydia. I picked it while watchig Innerspace (bad bad bad 80's movie) and that was Meg Ryan's characters name.

LOL You could say you picked it up from Beetlejuice? Not sure if that's better or worse!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    My daughter's middle name is Paige after Nicolette Sheridan's character on Knots Landing.
  • myjding70
    Options
    My oldest son, Sidney, is named after Sid Vicious (I was 20 when I had him!), and happens to be a truly talented musician.

My third son was named Max by my second son because my second son was really into Max and Ruby at the time.

My fourth son is named Vincent after my oldest son overheard me joking to my husband that I was going to name the baby after his *dad*, Vincent D'onofrio, and encouraged us to actually use the name.

Only my second son escaped a famous name. He is named after a month and place (August Madison), as that's when his parents met (he's horrified, no worries!).
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My son is named Tyrion. One of my favorite characters in all of fiction, plus the wife and I were looking for an uncommon name. If we have a daughter, it will be Inara.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    No kids yet but I fully intend to name my first born Chalupa Batman.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My youngest is named after Bruce Willis's daughter on the last boyscout. She was my last one, I was getting my tubes tied after her so I picked 2 things that I loved and named her after them. So really her name is like a mad libs. Daryan Rayne.

My niece and nephews are named Jor-El and Fenix.
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My youngest was named Leila after Laila Ali - beautiful and tough!
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My oldest daugher is name after the song Jessica after the Allman's Brothers song. Plus I did like it in high school. :wink:
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I picked my oldests name after Julia Roberts
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My son's middle name is Strummer after Joe Strummer :heart:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a cousin named Abbey because her parents are Beatles fans.
    My son is named Major because as a kid i remembered a QB for West Virginia named Major Harris. I wasn't a UWV fan but liked the first name. I told my wife when we got married that there will be no discussion about the name if we have a boy but if it's a girl she can name her whatever.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    No kids yet but I fully intend to name my first born Chalupa Batman.

So you watch The League?
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I named my daughter Chloe Marissa... Marissa after my favorite character in The OC... back when that was my favorite show...
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My son is Niklas - spelling inspired by quite a few Scandinavian hockey players mostly on the Red Wings ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    My son is named Luke. It started out as a name from the Bible...somewhere in the early nineties it turned into a reference to, you guessed it, Luke Skywalker....

He has Darth Vader, Yoda, and an imperial storm trooper as covers on his golf clubs.

May the force be with you......
    Lol, my DD is named after his twin sister.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SuperHero_Kitty
    SuperHero_Kitty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Odette, if you haven't guessed it yet its from swan lake. :)
  • caspergirl07
    caspergirl07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My daughters name is Aaliyah after the R&B singer from the 90s. That's not the only reason I named her that. I also love the meaning of the hebrew name but it is where I got the idea from.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I named my dog James Tiberus. His dog tag says Captain James T. and my last name.

Although since he has gotten diabetes some of his hair has fallen out, it's stopped now but for a while I thought I was going to have to change his name to Picard.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Carter. His dad wanted that name, I wanted Griffin (which I got from Party of Five). Anyway, we couldn't decide. The tv was on when I was in labor. I pushed for an hour - the entire time the show ER was on. Carter was my favorite character and even though Carter was his last name, I agreed to it being my son's name because his dad wanted it and because of the show being on. For those of you that remember ER, it was the episode where Dr. Benton's son was born and that baby was named Reese. I think we should have named him Reese instead. Carter wishes we had chosen Griffin.

Unrelated, but my Aunt has two sons. Their names are Carter and Griffin. Weird, right?
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My youngest is named Reese, yup I love Reese Witherspoon.