No More Playing Around...Time to Reach My Goals!!!

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    Wow, this week was totally lazy for me. I am actually upset at myself for not eating right on a couple of days and missing my workouts. Because of it I am feeling bloated. I am not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in, because if I am still bloated, then the numbers won't really tell what is going on with my body fat. So if I bounce back up in weight, I won't even record it, lol.

I still haven't done my Legs & Back workout for the week, and I decided that I will most likely do it this coming week, probably on Tuesday. Each of the other days I will be doing some heart pounding, calorie burning cardio since it will be my second recovery week of the program. I just want to get in all the strength training days so I don't miss out on any of that. I have to go out on Monday and probably won't be able to workout that day because of time...so that will be like 4 days straight with nothing. I haven't gone that long since last year and it makes me so mad at myself. I guess we all have times like that, but it's really frustrating when it happens to you.

You know this will be the first time that I have actually completed an entire round of P90X in a couple of years? I have been doing the workouts off and on but haven't actually done the program completely in a very long time. You just get so much more out of it when you do the whole 90 days. I will buckle down and get back on track with the workouts on Tuesday, though. I will do at least 6 workouts this week with the one on Sunday being like those "last chance" workouts before the Biggest Loser weigh-ins. It is next Monday that I have not only another weigh-in, but also an inches check and a body fat check. I know that the way I measure body fat isn't 100% accurate, but I still don't want any bloating to play into the figure at all.

I am going to have to figure out what program to follow after I finish P90X. I was thinking doing a combination of ChaLEAN, RevAbs, and Brazil Butt LIft. But I don't want to miss out on my Turbo either. I guess I will get them all out and concoct some sort of program for me later. I can't wait until Gold's Gym opens, though, because I fully intend to use the weight machines and do the P90X routines on them. But they don't even open until July. At least I am prepared. I like being a "charter member" lol because I got the cheap-o rates. I might even get refunded if they hire me to teach Turbo! Let's hope, let's hope! Cause then I would get paid to do those workouts. That would be awesome. I love being paid to do something I love to do. I would love to make fitness my career, but I have to get paid A LOT to make the change. Until then, I will be happy working part-time at it. :flowerforyou:
    That would be SO cool if you could get paid to work out! I would love to make fitness my career too. I sure had high hopes of that when I signed up to be a Beachbody coach, but those hopes weren't very realistic. I know I could do a lot more with my business to make money, but the things I'd need to do aren't the things I love about health and fitness. Oh well. Live and learn... :smile:

I had sort of an off week last week too. I hit all my scheduled workouts but one (Friday), but my eating was really hit and miss. Yesterday was the grand finale. My daughter wanted to bake a cheesecake and have my mom over for dinner, so nothing about my eating was normal. My husband grilled some delicious steaks, and I made tried out a new baked mac & cheese recipe. I cut out some of the badness by using 1% milk and reduced fat cheese in it. It was all so very delicious, but it was a little too decadent for everyday eating for sure.

Hope you all have a great week!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I guess I was nervous for no good reason because my scale said that I lost a pound last week. It's so weird because I was sure that I either stayed exactly the same or gained a little bit. Oh well!

Jill, I am also a Beachbody Coach. I think going into it I was all about the health and fitness side of it, but you are right, in order to be really successful you also have to quite willing to "work" the business. It is a business, and even though a lot of people are turned off of the idea of selling the products or asking people to work with you, it is an MLM and the whole idea of making your own business grow is to become business minded and willing to do those things. I believe that it a successful business in that the products and services that give people are extremely valuable and well worth it. But people who don't treat the business as a business are the ones that aren't successful in making money. I have learned through my upline that working the business doesn't mean tricking people into coaching, or selling stuff to unwilling people...you are still doing what you originally set out to do which is help people get fit, but you are simply sharing your personal story with perhaps some people that you wouldn't have met otherwise. You help them get fit, and perhaps they will buy something to help that cause...or perhaps they will want to pay it forward like we did and coach other people to fitness as well. I've basically had to shift my thinking about it. I think that there are tons and tons of people out there who work this business for the money, and that is soooo wrong and gives the rest of us a bad name. But seriously, when you are passionate about the programs that work for you and go out and share it with others, then you will be successful and you will make money. You just have to focus on other people, their goals, and how you can help them all while keeping in mind that you are an entrepreneur. Too many people have it backwards and think that they are just the entrepreneur and have the mentality of "I will help you if you buy something." That's backwards and all the founding coaches will tell you that, that's why 98% of the founding coaches don't even come to this website! All the selling and advertising done on here gives us all a bad name and the founders don't want to be a part of bad publicity. We seek out those that are seeking us, and there are lots of people wanting to lose weight and get in shape.

Sorry for the long rant. :happy: I want to make my business grow even more so that I can eventually do fitness and nothing else, and part of my business is coaching through Beachbody. I also do personal training and group exercise. It would just be awesome to do it all full-time as I said before. I think we should all be doing full-time what we truly enjoy, and my passion is in fitness.

And I absolutely LOVE cheesecake! If I could not have anything else fattening for the rest of my life except one thing, I would make that one thing cheesecake!!! I totally love the peanut butter chocolate ones that you can buy from the Cheesecake Factory. I also love my mom's homemade cherry cheesecake. Thinking of all this cheesecake is making me hungry for some, haha!!!

I can't believe that it has been 5 days since I last worked out. But that streak ends today cause I am doing some Turbo Kick in a few minutes. So I guess that means that it's only 4 days without exercise, but still! I like to workout at least 6 days a week, sometimes even 7 days a week, so this past 4 day stretch has been really "bad" for me. I need my workouts to help me stay on track with my food...and besides, when I workout I can eat more, and I would really, REALLY like to eat my normal 1500-1600 calories instead of dropping down to 1200 to compensate. I am sooo hungry eating that much, so I have to exercise to get more calories. Even though it's the same net calories, eating that many total just keeps me fuller longer even if I burn off 400 of them in the evening. :flowerforyou:

Have a great afternoon everyone!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    So I always have MFP post updates to Twitter which in turn posts to my Facebook...and someone actually had the gall to respond to the post about being under my calorie goal for today with "it has nothing to do with your calories or your goal but how you feel." I wanted to rip into him because I FEEL like eating 3000 calories worth of pepperoni stuffed crust pizza, but eating 1600 calories of good nutrition helps me to get my weight loss goal. Instead I just deleted his comment. I'm still mad about it though!!! I will delete him from my Facebook if he keeps that up. What a downer when someone scoffs at your goals. :cry:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Congrats on the pound lost! :drinker:

I don't disagree with any of the things you said about being successful in the business of Beachbody. I think I just wasn't being honest with myself about what I really wanted. I let my coach's enthusiasm convince me that I needed to push myself to do things out of my comfort zone. I don't regret it, because I'd never heard of BB or any of the workouts, and if I hadn't signed up as a coach and gotten the showcase, I'd never have sampled so many different workouts and gotten my old butt into the shape I'm in today, which feels really awesome. I already love my "day" job, and because I freelance from home already, I have the freedom to work out as much as I want. I also have the time to help out any of the customers I've acquired in my time as a coach, and that gives me great pleasure as well. However, I have zero desire to do group workouts or spend my time trying to grow a business, but that's because I'm already happy doing what I'm doing, and a big part of that has to do with the fact that I've gotten fitter and healthier because of Beachbody, so it's all good. It's just not what I tried to force it to be in the beginning.

Your Facebook "friend" has a lot of nerve posting a comment like that. Sometimes I think people feel like they have to comment, whether they have anything worthwhile to say or not!

I hope you all have a nice day today. We're getting snow here today, and it's supposed to get worse before it gets better. Oh boy!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    SNOW? Wow. Our weather has been weird to say the least, but no snow. Two days ago it was 75 during the day and 65 at night. I was in short sleeves all day and night and felt great. Yesterday, on the other hand, the temperature stopped around 57 and at night it got down to 30! I think that's why my throat is acting all weird today. It's hard to fight off germs and stay in homeostasis when the world around you is always changing things up!!!

I am going to see what I can do after I finish this round of the X to keep me happy until the gym opens up in July. I am the kind of person that simply NEEDS to have a plan, so my mind is yelling at me to go do it now even though I still have an entire phase left of P90X. Just gotta get prepared, I guess. :flowerforyou:

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I did something different today. I didn't want to do the whole week with nothing but Turbo, so I tossed in one of Shaun T's DVDs from Rockin' Body. I am quite bad at dancing, but I love doing it anyway. I logged the Turbo before I did my workout...maybe not such a good idea...but then again, I feel like I burned a ton of calories! And I searched Google and found that people who do Turbo burn the same amount of calories on average as people who do Zumba, and a couple sites said that Rockin' Body burns like Zumba...so I think the calorie count is pretty accurate anyway. At least in *my* logic, haha!!! :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Sounds logical to me! :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I haven't worked out in a couple of days now. I started feeling sick on Wednesday afternoon, and I have spent my days off feeling icky. Justin went to the doctor today and he has the flu. YUCK. I am hoping and praying that I don't get anything like that!!! I will just keep drinking my Shakeology and trying to take care of myself, but I just really feel this urge to workout and get the goo out of my waistline. I want sooo bad to workout when I can't, but when I can, why do excuses flow like a river??? :ohwell:
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm sorry you're feeling unwell - I can't work out when I'm feeling sick either.
    This week has been so inconsistent... going way over calories followed by cutting back to make up for it, repeat. So my goal for this week is to get into a good routine of being within 50 calories (over or under) of my goal each day.
    I was wondering, there seems to be a lot of shakeology talk on MFP... what actually is it?!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement that Beachbody makes. The website for it is www.shakeology.com and there you can see what all is in it, what it does, etc.

I use it everyday and have seen lots of benefits from it, and I plan on continuing to use it my whole life. I buy the chocolate flavor and mix it with a half a banana and a tbsp. of peanut butter. It tastes sooo good and it is quite frankly the healthiest thing that I will have on ANY given day considering all that it is made into it.

I have never tried the Greenberry flavor, but lots of people like it mixed with fresh fruits and juices. I just simply prefer chocolate, lol. It also reduces my cravings for other forms of chocolate that are bad for me, like my beloved Snickers and Reese's candies.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Wow, there's no way that I can workout today safely. I didn't get home from work until nearly noon, and then I woke up around 5:00. I am not about to workout while I am this tired and sleepy. I will do the whole week of workouts, but I will not start until tomorrow.

I did take some stats for Day 60, and they were not as good as I hoped. I knew that the scale wasn't going to budge this week and it didn't. I lost a little bit of inches in my chest, natural waist, and belly button areas but the pooch area and hips stayed the same. I did lose a little in the bicep and thigh areas, though. I am pleased that I am losing inches overall, but I was simply hoping for more. I guess I had too many "cheat" meals this past month for that.

On a happier note, I did go down in body fat % again. Measured on my scale, it went from 33.2% on Jan 30 to 31.4% measured today. Using the body fat calculator involving waist measurement and weight, I went from 27% to 26%. That 26% is in the "ideal" range instead of just the "average" range. I don't believe the scale measurement is accurate at all, but at least the measurement went down like it was supposed to.

I will start pushing harder this month and try to squeeze out some more pounds and inches lost before I start my next program. I already have that program mapped out, but there's still a month left of P90X to blast the fat!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I had such a great workout today! I am really proud of myself for pushing as hard as I did through the whole thing even though towards the end I will admit I felt a little nauseous. I did more push-ups than ever before and quite a few pull-ups. I hope to be doing at least one of them completely unassisted soon. I can't wait until Gold's Gym opens up and I can use their pull-up machine. This will be a great help, I believe.

I can't believe that I ate exactly the amount of calories I was supposed to today. I mean, how weird is it that the meal plan that I picked out last week was going to be so perfect considering I didn't know exactly how many calories I was going to burn. Weird!

Well, it is getting later than I thought, and I have to get ready for work. I hope you guys are doing well!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! Today's workout was totally hard. I don't even know why...or maybe I do, but still.

I did Turbo Kick Round 43 which is the same Turbo workout that I have been doing at least once a week for the past 2 months. And I had to take more breaks today than usual and drink more water than usual...and I just felt like the energy had been sucked out of my body. It was nuts!

But I think the reason is because I had that sinus pressure crap going on last week and I didn't workout between Wednesday last week and Monday of this week because I was feeling bad. I wasn't "sick" but I had enough symptoms to make me change my mind about working out those days. I do NOT want to chance an injury or actually get sick either.

I pushed through, though, and I burned off 477 calories (according to MFP). I was thinking about getting a new HRM since both of mine died. I don't know if I can really trust what MFP is saying for calories burned, but it is a good estimation for now since I don't have a working HRM. I was thinking of getting the Polar F6 since it has the same calorie functions as the F7 only costs less.

Geting ready to go cook dinner now!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I didn't realize that it had been nearly a week since I last posted in here. OOPS! :bigsmile:

Last week was not the best for me with workouts OR with food. I don't know what had gotten into me, but it was like my motivation and drive to continue was sucked out of me. I did 3 workouts between Tuesday and Thursday, but then I ate bad on Friday through Sunday. I didn't lose anything last week at all, but at least those workouts that I did kept me from gaining anything. I was still at 138.8 on Monday morning.

This week I wanted to make sure that didn't happen again. I have eaten the way that I should so far, and I did my workout yesterday and today (even though I had a bad headache today.) Funny thing is, the headache is gone now that I am done working out!

I was speaking with someone very knowledgeable on weight loss and muscle building and he basically confirmed that I am on the right track with what I am doing. He said that even though he doesn't necessarily like pre-packaged programs that P90X and ChaLEAN are both put together very well for people who workout at home and that you can get really good results from them. That's great coming from someone who doesn't support Beachbody (by not support, I mean he doesn't use their programs but he isn't like some of the goobers who talk trash about them for no reason...we've all met at least one on these boards!!!). He also gave me some advice concerning nutrition, even though I really wasn't that far off from his advice to begin with (also great news!). I had been eating about 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat. He suggested eating 1 g of protein per body weight and 25% fat leaving the rest for carbs. He also suggested eating between 10 calories per pound and 12 calories per pound. I currently eat around 1575 total daily which is actually around 11 cals. per pound. So I am not changing that right now. I did manually change my macro goals, and it turns out that 138 g of protein is 35% of 1575. SO....40% carbs, 35% protein, and 25% fat. Not much different, but any small changes we make will have an impact. I'm going to give it a go for about 3 weeks and see what happens.

I also decided to NOT log my exercise calories anymore! Sounds weird, huh? But, I eat 1575 calories on average daily which is 1200 + exercise. I average around 450 exercise calories burned which is actually closer to 375 when you take out the fact that I would have burned about 75 anyway because of my BMR. So I am still eating the same, but logging it all as food with the impression that I would be eating back exercise calories on top of 1200. Does that make sense? I know it does to at least one of you who helped me decide to do this. :flowerforyou:

I just have to now completely block and ignore the "if everyday were like today" comment because it will probably tell me something ridiculous like I won't lose weight or I will gain weight since I am not logging exercise anymore, lol.

Time to cook dinner! Talk to you guys later...hope I didn't bore you too much with a long post, lol.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I made my menu plans for next week already since I changed my calorie and macronutrient goals. Turns out I was able to ditch a lot of fat from my diet without really changing a whole lot. I found some Kraft cheddar cheese that is lower calorie than the reduced fat that I was using, and it is zero fat. So I changed that in a lot of my recipes and was able to cut out a lot of fat and saturated fat and lower the calorie content some. Great news for me!

I've also found some new egg white omelet recipes that are going to fit into breakfast perfectly for me since I wanted to increase my protein level. It's easy to increase protein without decreasing carbs (I am NOT a low carber and disagree with all those weird low carb diets on so many levels) when you are able to find ways to lower your fats. I am still eating between 16-25% fat daily, so I am getting the essential healthy fats that I need. But by doing this, I can have my pasta AND increase my protein.

I am sure that this will help me out considerably. It's close to the way of eating in Phases 1 and 2 (closer to 2) of the P90X diet, and it is also what Tom Venuto supports on his website. (among lots of others).

I was emailed a recipe from Carrabba's earlier today which is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. I am definitely going to be trying this one because it looks super easy to make and it's healthy...Grilled Salmon with Tomato Basil Vinaigrette. Definitely adding that to my recipe list!!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Bumping so I'm sure to post to this in the morning. I've been a busy girl! Now it's time to take the boy child out for some more driving practice. He turns 16 next month, and he's short on his required hours of night driving that he needs before he can get his license.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    That must be an adventure! I remember those days when I was learning to drive...I think my mom was a nervous wreck, especially when I was learning how to drive a stick shift. :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Today's workout was a real struggle and I don't really know why. I did Turbo Kick Round 39, and I have in the past been able to get through the whole workout without taking any breaks at all. Well, not today! In fact, my energy was so low that I took more breaks than usual and I felt out of breath a couple of times. It was crazy. I am blaming it on the fact that TOM is right around the corner and that normally sucks the energy out of me.

On the other hand, I ate really well today. I did change up my second snack and dinner because I am off work and plan on going to bed early...I was over on fat and carbs, but still under on my total calories. That will still lead to a weight loss, but I need to tighten things up for the macros so I can make sure that I will be at my optimal health. I can't wait until next Monday morning when I start my revised regimen, because I think it will really help. I will still be under 1600 calories each day, but now my macros will be in balance helping me cut the fat and build the muscle.

And I have been really, REALLY thirsty lately. I've been drinking 2-3 cups of water before working out, and then 3 cups while working out, and I still get dry mouth. Sometimes I feel like I could drink 12 cups of water a day if given the chance, but I normally only have 4 at work with me. I wonder why I get so thirsty! I wonder if it's cause my protein levels are higher than most people? Most people on this website eat something low like 15-25% protein and I try to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound body weight...which is 35% of my total.

Time to get off the computer for now. I hope you guys are still holding strong and doing good.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Shame on me. I didn't get around to posting much today. It was not a good day in our household. I'll try to do better tomorrow. On the bright side, my eating and exercise were spot on today, in spite of a ton of emotional upheaval. Ugh. I'm beat.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Well, the reason behind my sluggishness has reared its ugly head today. I wish TOM were a real person that I could just shoot and be done with, lol. Hopefully next week will be better, but at least I got 4 workouts in, 2 strength and 2 cardio. I just have felt really bloated and tired all week long. I will have a better start Monday, I think.

Just 2 more weeks of P90X left (unless you count that last recovery week) and then I get to start my new program. I was thinking of doing a 3 day Shakeology cleanse to jump start it, but I don't know if I am because when you do something like that, even though it makes you feel great inside and you do lose weight, you most likely gain it back...but I want to do it for the feeling great part, it's just that my mind will be mad at me if I let the gaining back part get to me. :ohwell: