No More Playing Around...Time to Reach My Goals!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    OK, my motivation has gone to crap again. :sad:

I haven't exercised at all this week, and I have not been following my meal plans. I have had some things on the plan, but not everything, and I have been adding bad foods to it. I ate Chinese take out for dinner last night, and then today, I pigged out on crackers and cajun crab dip (but at least it tasted good, lol).

I think that this just happens close to the end of EVERY program that I start. I literally think that the ONLY program I actually went through the entire 90 days of was Power 90, and that was 4 years ago. Since then, I get close to finishing but never actually finish. Ugh.

For that reason, I am thinking that I am done with P90X right now. I will start my new program on Monday because I feel like I need a fresh start. I think that if I throw some new workouts into the mix that I will have more motivation to get them done. I think the issue with P90X is that the month 3 workouts are technically the same as the first 2 months...then again, in ChaLEAN all 3 months are different and I still fizzle at the end no matter how great my results are. I don't understand why, really.

So I am going to start making next week's meal plans with totally yummy foods and plan out my workouts as well. I hope that it is not going to be such a bumpy ride. I love going out with friends, but why does it always make me cheat on my diet and fall into laziness with my workouts???
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Well, today is Monday and I am starting back to "work" on my goals again. I am so scared to step on the scale today, so I am NOT going to do it. I refuse. I was really bad this past weekend and didn't actually exercise all week long. I was OK on my diet up until about Friday, and then Friday through Sunday were horrible with food. And I am totally paying for that now because I feel HORRIBLE. Not just mentally, either, but I am weak & lethargic as well as dehydrated so I feel thirsty all the time too.

Right now I am eating my cheese and salsa omelet. It's really tasty. Just 6 egg whites, 2 tbsp of salsa, and 3/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese with basil and pepper to season it. It's very high in protein and low in carbs and fat and only about 250 calories or so total. I think it's a good way to start my new program, especially considering the huge double workout I am going to tackle later today: Burn Circuit 1 from ChaLEAN and then Pure Cardio from Insanity right after that!!! I'm guessing that I won't be very bloated tomorrow, huh? Depending on how I felt I did today, I might take my weight and inches measurements tomorrow morning and use those as Day 1. I just really don't want to do that today since I am sure those numbers will be huge with all the fat and sodium I ate, the lack of exercise I got, and the meager amount of water I drank to flush it out. I don't want to measure water weight retention!!!

Today I get to go to the florist and pick out the flowers for the wedding. I am really excited about that. I will talk to you guys later. Hope you are sticking with it!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I SURVIVED!!! Lol! I just did Burn Circuit 1 and then I only had *maybe* 5 minutes rest at the most before cranking out Pure Cardio. I took a lot of breaks, but I did at least 30 seconds of each exercise in Pure Cardio. I think I did pretty good after not doing anything for a week and a half and then eating like crap for most of last week. All in all, I think I had a great start to the week. Just gotta keep this momentum up so I can melt away the body fat and stop going backwards!!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track! :flowerforyou:

Everything's been in turmoil around our house. My husband was laid off a week and a half ago. It was very unexpected. I've been very busy researching health insurance options and cutting expenses every way possible (cutting back on cable channels, eliminating unnecessary features on our cell plan, etc.). Plus, I had to get crap together for our accountant to do our taxes, so it's been busy AND stressful, to say the least. He did have a really good interview with one of his former employer's competitors, and we are hopeful a job offer is coming soon. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please.

On a positive note, none of that has kept me from doing well with my workouts and my food. I've stayed completely on track. In fact, I think staying on track is what's kept me sane and made me feel like I have control over at least SOME part of my life. :happy:

I hope everyone is having a good week. So far, so good. It would be even better if my honey gets a job offer today. :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track! :flowerforyou:

Everything's been in turmoil around our house. My husband was laid off a week and a half ago. It was very unexpected. I've been very busy researching health insurance options and cutting expenses every way possible (cutting back on cable channels, eliminating unnecessary features on our cell plan, etc.). Plus, I had to get crap together for our accountant to do our taxes, so it's been busy AND stressful, to say the least. He did have a really good interview with one of his former employer's competitors, and we are hopeful a job offer is coming soon. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please.

On a positive note, none of that has kept me from doing well with my workouts and my food. I've stayed completely on track. In fact, I think staying on track is what's kept me sane and made me feel like I have control over at least SOME part of my life. :happy:

I hope everyone is having a good week. So far, so good. It would be even better if my honey gets a job offer today. :bigsmile:

I am so sorry to hear about all the bad things that have been happening to you lately! I hate how things just seem to add up at all the wrong times. But at least you were able to stay on track. I bet that I would not have been able to stay on track so great...it seems that whenever even the slightest little thing happens to me, I get thrown way off course with my eating and that leads me to not workout at all. But good for you for not letting that happen. That's awesome!!! I will be praying that he gets that job! :flowerforyou:

Today I did Turbo Kick Round 43 and then I turned around and did Cardio Abs from Insanity right after it. I forgot how hard that second workout is because I haven't done it since last year. I wanted to incorporate it this time around since I love plank work when it comes to the abs because I feel like that is what works the best for me. I have trouble with the C-sit position though becasue sometimes I feel like I am working all upper legs/hip flexors and have to take too many breaks because my thighs are killing me! I am sure that I will improve as time goes on, because I plan on doing that particular ab workout after each cardio workout on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Plus, I am planning to do PiYo on Sundays which is a lot of core work because it is a mixture of pilates and yoga, and they tend to go after the core a lot in those workouts.

I have this "friend" here on MFP that I have been thinking about ignoring and blocking after deleting him from my friends' list. He is the only one that responds in a semi-negative way to my posts about how I was under my calorie goal and such. I mean, he cheers me on, but every time he adds in something retarded about how it is really sugar and carbs that make us fat and I will lose a lot more weight if I go low carb. I told him on his own page that I refuse to ever go low carb because first off, I am not on a diet! I am eating better and exercising and this is something that I can keep up for the rest of my life. Secondly, we need a certain amount of sugar and carbs to stay healthy for energy and brain health. And thirdly, I am quite educated in health, fitness, and nutrition...and if I wanted his advice I would have asked for it. He's the only one that does that and it is seriously getting on my nerves. Oh yeah, when I posted on his page that I was losing weight eating carbs, he deleted my note!!! He thinks he knows everything. But I am really close to my goal weight, and quite frankly, he's fat. :ohwell: Do you think I should delete him from my list? I am hoping he just gets the hint and cuts it out, but if not, he will be gone.

I hope that the rest of the evening goes great for you. I will be back tomorrow with some more news of a double workout! :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Today's workout really kicked my butt! I did Burn Circuit 2 and then Fat Blaster from Turbo Jam afterwards. I probably should not have worn the weighted hand gloves while doing the TJ workout, but I did anyway. I was so tired afterwards, and I didn't push as hard as I would probably have otherwise. But, my heart rate was soaring and I know that I burned a lot of calories. Next time I will leave the gloves behind and just do it without, because I am going to burn lots of calories regardless.

I did great on the food today, and I have just one meal left. I am at work, and the meal was packed and brought with me. So that way, I know that I will be eating right and not deviating from my plan.

I am still feeling some bloating from the weekend's mischief, but I do believe that it is not as bad as it was before. I am sure that it will be gone by the end of the week. I will most likely take some stats this weekend and call it "Day 1" for this hybrid program just because I didn't want to count water weight as a true account of what is actually going on. :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I haven't worn my TJ gloves in a long time, but I used to wear them sometimes for Kenpo X. The only real down side to that is how sweaty they make my hands. Eww!

I'm having a mellow workout week. It's my Slim Series recovery. I'm going to do another five-week hybrid SS round starting Monday, and then I'm going to do my version of P90X for five weeks (I guess it would be P35X, LOL), and I plan to alternate the two for a bit and see what I think of that. I'll get the cardio/leg focus with Debbie and then upper-body focus with Tony, hopefully without doing either one so long that I lose the gains I get from the other one. I'm really just wanting to stay active and maintain what I've achieved, and if I can add a little lean weight in the process, all the better!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    That sounds like a really good plan that you have worked up for yourself. I really need to do some Slim in 6 or Slim Series to work on my legs, so maybe after I finish up this current hybrid I will do that. I really like the Brazil Butt Lift hiney workouts, lol. I was thinking about somehow working those in as well.

Today's workout was pretty good. I did Turbo Kick Round 39, and even though I knew that my cardio was suffering after having been on hiatus for a week and a half before Monday, I believe that I pushed through today with little issue. I did have to take a lot of water breaks, but I wasn't taking all the little breaks because I was just too tired to continue. I think those are the breaks that I need to try to eliminate, because water breaks are actually good for you. I don't understand how the instructors in the DVDs talk about drinking water all the time, and then go through the whole 45-60 minute workout without drinking a single drop of it.

And that's something that I wanted to ask my TK and PiYo instructor next weekend. I want to teach those classes in a gym soon, but I take tons of water breaks. I wonder if that's OK? I mean, I see some instructors in group ex. classes walking around checking on form all the time, I wonder if I would be able to do something like that and be slick about it and drink some water from the bottle? Hmmm...will definitely have to ask!

I also did Cardio Abs again, and I hate how the C-Sit Position kills my hip flexors!!! I want to feel that soreness/burning sensation in the abs, not the upper thighs. But, when I do all those moves from plank position, my abs are telling me to stop the whole time. I guess it all works out.

Tomorrow I've got Burn Circuit 3 and then Cardio Axe from BBL. It should be a fun day!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I'm intrigued by Brazil Butt Lift. My goal would be to actually build a butt. I have none! Slim in 6 or Slim Series does wonders for legs. That's the one beef I have with P90X. My legs were fabulous when I started my last round. By the end, they were weaker and softer than when I started. I hate that Phase 3 doesn't do Legs & Back at all. That's crazy! So I'm going to do one phase based on the Lean version. Weeks 1 and 3, I'll do Shoulders & Arms, and Weeks 2 and 4, I'll do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Of course, I'll do Legs & Back all four weeks. I think this will be fun!

I'm like you. I like to pause to drink water too. I don't see why you couldn't drink while you're walking around checking on form, but that's a great thing to ask about.

Speaking of abs and hip flexors, ARX is not something I'm looking forward to! I find Slim & 6-Pack to be much more doable and ab-focused, but I figure it'll be good for me to do something tougher for a few weeks. If nothing else, it will build character. :tongue:

Hope you're having a great Friday!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift is so much fun. There are actually multiple plans inside the same program for different shapes to change to the shape that you prefer. I use the plan that is supposed to get a fatty butt smaller. Trying not to sound crude, but my rear has a really round shape yet I can easily pass the "pencil test." I just need to lose body fat from the that area so it gets flatter without losing the curve, if you know what I mean. :bigsmile:

I have never actually done the ab routine from SI6 or the Slim Series. My mom has those DVDs and I will see if she has that one and let me borrow it. I just really want to strengthen my abs and lower back without killing my hip flexors in the process. I do not enjoy Ab Ripper X at all. I mean, when I do P90X I force myself to do it, but most of the beginning moves kill my hip flexors, especially Crunchy Frog. And then the moves where you are on your back and you are supposed to have your arms beside you, I have to put my hands under my butt or my lower back gets strained. And during Mason Twist, I often times have to put my toes down so that my back doesn't arch. I guess all that means I really SHOULD be trying to strengthen my hip flexors and lower back...but I don't think that "ab" routines are the best way to go about that. I was going to ask a personal trainer in July about it because that's when the new gym opens, and everyone who joins gets 1 free training session.

I did Burn Circuit 3 today, and it was really tough. I tried to go as heavy as possible without putting too much strain on my lower back or shoulders. I think that I got the right weight for me figured for next week when I do the workout again. It's funny how on the same exercises in P90X like shoulder press, I can go really REALLY heavy but I have to go considerably lighter in ChaLEAN Extreme. I know that Chalene says it is because you are moving so much slower that you have to use lighter weights, but it is still kinda funny.

And I had a NSV today during the workout. At the end where the "extreme zone" exercises was 3 slow push-ups, I was able to go all the down to the ground where my face and chest were touching the ground and then I pushed all the way back up all three times and felt great. It wasn't too much of a strain at all! I guess I am just getting better at push-ups, and I "blame" that on P90X.

I was a little tired after BC3, but I still did Cardio Axe. I just love that workout because it is so much fun. It's like dancing in a similar fashion as Zumba, and it only lasts 28 minutes. I pushed through it and burned a lot of calories. I definitely earned my after-workout meal!

It's actually time for me to go eat my second snack of the day...Greek yogurt and blueberries. Yum!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I am very jealous of your round booty! Mine's at least not flat, but there's just not much there. I don't have hips to speak of either. I'm like the opposite of a pear shape. I have broad shoulders and narrow hips. Not a terrible shape to have, but I wouldn't mind a little more junk in my trunk. :tongue:

You need to try the Slim & 6-Pack. I like it SO much better than ARX. I have a feeling you will too.

Cool beans on your NSV! Push-ups are tough. (Pull-ups are tougher, at least for me. I suck at those.)

So, I've had all my food for today, with the exception of my evening snack. It's not time for that yet, but I want it NOW. And I have a feeling I'll want more after that's done. Some days are just like that, aren't they? I'm tired enough that I think I can go to bed not too long after I eat to avoid eating/drinking more than I should.

Have a great weekend!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Well, I am most definitely jealous of your lack of hips. Mine are really wide, and that's why I try to take most of my pictures angled or sideways, lol. Also, small shirts fit great around my chest and navel, but get caught on my big ol' hips. And mediums are just too darn big and baggy even though they fit my hips just fine. So aggravating.

I will definitely ask my mom if she has that workout for me to borrow. Anything that works the abs and doesn't kill the hip flexors sounds like a winner to me!!!

And I know just how you feel about your last snack and wanting it now. I try to wait as long as possible to eat it when that happens, because here's the thing with me...if I go ahead and eat it, I KNOW I will be hungry again shortly after and then I will cheat and have something else.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Here's a tip if your mom can't find her DVDs. I recently bought Keep It Up, the original follow-up to Slim in 6. It's a stand-alone and isn't included in the newer Slim Series. Anyway, it has Slim & 6-Pack and Slim & Limber on it in addition to Keep It Up, so it's a bargain at $14.96 (coach price).
  • PJilly
    Options
    P.S. I wish we could average out our body shapes. I can wear some medium tops now, but I often have to get a large to fit my shoulders. But my jeans? I wear 4s comfortably and have a couple of pairs of 2s that are snug, but they fit. Bizarre.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I've got a lot of soreness from working out the past couple of days, but at least I can say that my abs are getting stronger. I was able to do much more of Cardio Abs yesterday without pooping out and I can do better push-ups now because of it.

Now if only the scale would budge just a little more...I would really like to see 135 by the end of April. Everyone knows that the last 10 pounds are always the hardest to lose, but this is seriously getting ridiculous. I know that my health is improving so I am not too worried about it, but it would be nice to get down to the size that I am aiming for so I can keep my sanity. :flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Today's workout is finished and I am completely wiped out. :bigsmile: I did Burn Circuit 2 and then Get Lean Intervals. I tend to disagree vehemently with anyone who claims that weight training doesn't get your heart rate up enough to burn calories...because these past 2 weeks, when I do cardio after the weight training, I am already half pooped. That has to mean that my heart rate was up high enough to burn lots of calories before hand, and now with the cardio I am burning even more. There's one person on the boards in particular that goes around saying that weight training doesn't burn much because the heart rate goes up due to pressure instead of volume...but then again, people lose weight doing ChaLEAN or P90X all the time without adding extra cardio so I shall believe the testimonials and my personal experience over the guy who claims to know more than the rest of us who has never done those workouts, lol. :flowerforyou:

I hope you guys are having a great day!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I didn't do the ab workout today. I had a really good cardio workout, but afterwards, I just didn't want to pop in another disc and keep going. I think it's OK since I have all day Turbo Kick and PiYo trainings this weekend. I might not do both workouts tomorrow either. I am not worried about my calorie burns this week at all because of those all day trainings coming up. What worries me is not being able to move on Monday morning, lol!

I have a headache right now and I am hoping that it doesn't get worse. I have 4 more hours to work, and it would be nice to not feel horrible during that time...but at least I am off work tomorrow! Yay!!! :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Headaches suck! I've been battling one off and on for days and days now, but it's much better than it was.

It sounds like you've been getting some really great workouts in, so I'm sure skipping abs one day won't slow you down.

My workout today is Firm It Up from Slim Series. It's chock full of squats, and I just love it! I started a new five-week round of SS/SI6/YBB workouts this week. And then I'll do a five-week round of P90X. I'm looking forward to that! I like that I don't have to think about doing it for 90 days. I don't think it's necessarily a good thing when you begin to dread your workouts. :tongue:

Happy April Fool's Day!