Read your labels

Options
2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    For those debating the serving size of Froot loops, it looks like depending on where you live the box will either say 1 cup or 3/4 cup. Now while there might be a discrepancy over the cup measurement, the grams from what I see is about the same at 29 or 30 regardless of whether the box says 1 cup or 3/4 cup. ***This is just from looking at google images***

Op: A better comparison would be comparing the same amount of grams. The Raisin bran has a bigger serving size from what I see on google. About 55 g from what I see. So really your comparing 29/30 g of one cereal to 55 g of another. Not really a fair comparison.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Squamation wrote: »
    Any specific reason you're leaving out the Protein and basic vitamins?

Also as kshadows mentioned Fruit Loops serving size is NOT 1 cup, it's: 3/4 cup.

I'm all for reading labels and eating the "less healthy" choice if that's what you're craving and it fits into your own personal dietary guidelines, however I do NOT stand for misleading information skewed to fit your own personal agenda.

1 serving Kellogs Raisin Bran:

Serving Size= 1 cup
    Calories 190
    Sodium 210 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Potassium 390 mg
    Saturated 0 g
    Total Carbs 46 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars 18 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 5 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 10%
    Calcium 2%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Iron 25%

1 serving Kellogs Fruit Loops:

Serving Size = 3/4
    Calories 110
    Sodium 135 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Potassium 35 mg
    Saturated 1 g
    Total Carbs 25 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars 12 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 10%
    Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 25%
    Iron 25%

I don't like either of these cereals, but based on the labels, I'd take the Raisin Brand. IMO, more fiber and more protein = more good.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    granola is healthy right? quick, minions get me a label to compare.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why you would eat either of those two. bleck.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

raisin bran is awesome...particularly after the cows milk makes the cereal all soggy so the raisins all fall to the bottom and the flakes gel together.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    OP why didnt you compare like with like and in a full way with all he details i.e 100g with 100g? the way you have represented it is misleading and unhelpful to put it mildly.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

raisin bran is awesome...particularly after the cows milk makes the cereal all soggy so the raisins all fall to the bottom and the flakes gel together.

I've never liked raisen bran honestly- it gets to soggy- I like well soaked grape nuts. LOL- but I don't eat cereal at this point so eh.... I tend to skip all cereals.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

I've never liked raisen bran honestly- it gets to soggy- I like well soaked grape nuts. LOL- but I don't eat cereal at this point so eh.... I tend to skip all cereals.

I don't eat cereal because I don't like it, but grape nuts is the master of all cereals.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Is it freshly harvested froot?
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting eating sugar-frosted flakes, from a box with a polar bear on it. No regrets.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Is it freshly harvested froot?

Ha! Too funny :D
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I don't eat cereal because I don't like it, but grape nuts is the master of all cereals.

No. Just... no.