95lbs~ down, a bit about me saving my own life.

Options
I was an extreme alcoholic for many years, to the point of liver damage. I was drinking over 4,000 calories a day in just vodka, not counting the gatorade I mixed it with and when I would go out every night and have whisky and coke. On top of that, that did not include any food I ate either. I was up to 309 until I had to go to the hospital due to being able to feel my liver swell up in to my rib cage. I had to check in to detox because my ammonia levels were so high. I had to make a choice, try and give up drinking, or risk a not so long off death. 4 months sober, and down to 215. Still have a bit more to go, started walking and doing push-ups and such. Trying to eat eggs, chicken, salad, and fruits.

Lost 15lbs more since this pic was taken.

HqkL15F.jpg

Thanks for your time. : )

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 4 months! So happy for you!

Being sober is hard but it can be done.

I am so Proud of you!

215 is great!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep it up
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job turning your life around! Big hugs!:smile:
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look like a different person, and I am sure your vital organs are thanking you for sparing them and additional damage. I wish you all the best in your new, sober lifestyle. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • AshleyG31
    Options
    Truly amazing! It must have been so hard. What a great out come.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    WOW! Good for you! I cant begin to understand your struggles. You must be a very strong man to make that decision and stick with it. Congrats...not only on the weight loss and becoming healthier, but for making a committment to be a better you! You look amazing!

You rock!!
  • mamadriver13
    mamadriver13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! Congrats on your life change!! It will be SO worth it!
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking control of you life! You look amazing!
  • shoppergirl98
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job! Keep it up, you will live a long and healthy life!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You dropped from 309 to 215 in four months?
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations for taking control and becoming healthier. You have overcome a lot, way to go.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is such a powerful depressant. Letting go of it is such a mood and energy booster. I don't know you but am so happy that you are overcoming both the alcohol and food addiction. Must feel powerful to have so much control over what you do now. Many many congratulations to you (and you look AWEsome, btw)
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You did such a complete turn around I'm speechless. A woman I work with killed herself that way slowly over years. I hope you maintain it and live a long and healthy life.
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your time sober and the positive changes you've made. You look fantastic. So inspiring :)
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment to sobriety.
  • InnerFitChick
    InnerFitChick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing amazing things. So happy you are choosing life over everything else. Best of luck to you, you are looking good. I hope you are feeling much better too! I would image you would be.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great job taking control. You must be a very strong individual for making those choices and following through. "Keep up the great work" seems so empty for the battle you still have ahead of you- so instead: keep up the good fight.
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. CONGRATS!! Keep it up!!
  • Lumpy52403
    Lumpy52403 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's great. Thanks for sharing your story.

My suggestion for a next step would be to change your profile name to something more positive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!