95lbs~ down, a bit about me saving my own life.

Options

Replies

• becomingfitme
    Options
    How Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss and giving up drinking - that's awesome! Keep up the great work :)
  • optionalsourcewins
    Options
    Awesome job....you look fantastic and even better than that is taking control of your life. Way to go!!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Amazing job making the decision to live and not die! Some people don't have the strength, resources, support to get the help they need. Some just don't want to. I glad you did, and I hope you continue down the road of happiness and health! You look awesome!
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's good that you're so young and your body was still able to rejuvenate to a degree. Hopefully no permanent damage, but everyday is a gift now anyway. I was a VERY heavy drinker myself for years. I didn't get the swollen liver, but used to throw up blood sometimes an then keep on drinking. I'm happy to hear that you wised up, many people never do. I'm curious though about the weight, BTW you look great. Did you lose 95lbs. in 4 months? If so what was the cause, was it the liver problem, or you couldn't eat? Please explain.

Never mind, I see that you explained the weight loss a couple of posts up.

I ended up having to go to the ER and in to detox and was diagnosed with a cirrhotic liver (to what extent I am not sure still) and almost near fatally high ammonia levels. I was drinking so much, so regularly that before I went in to the ER, I tried to not drink for a few hours before I went in, so I was really low and shaky already while I was there, and was still 4 times the legal limit. I can only imagine how high I was on a normal basis. I would have to wake up in the middle of the night, each night, to chug a bunch so that I was not shaky and feverish the next morning when I got up for work. It was more dangerous for me to not drink, as my motorskill impairment was worse then when I WAS drinking. In 5 years time, until 4 months ago, not one single person, even myself, had seen me sober.

I as well had constant stomach issues with blood and such, I would have to take Zantac and tums constantly, and it would hurt to the point of having to lean a certain way as I sat at work to try and keep any stomach acid from touching the ulcer areas..

I never really had to type all this out, it was just stuff I had to deal with on a regular basis. Now that I read it back to myself...wow.. it was bad..
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You dropped from 309 to 215 in four months?

My understanding, based on his writing... he is "four months sober and down to 215 pounds". I don't read that dropped from 309 to 215 in four months... all he says is he is now down to 215 pounds... I must wonder where you get that from? :noway:

None-the-less... a great accomplishment OP! Your strength and determination shines... now your new journey in life starts, you got this! :wink:

That is actually correct. I dropped from 309 to 215 in 4 months time. All of my weight was straight calories from drinking. I would drink between 1.75 to 2.0 liters of liquor per day, plus 2 bottles of gatorade, or soda, or whatever I was mixing it with. which equated to between 4 -5,000 calories a day from just that. That is not including any food I ate on top of that. So cutting that out of my life, I went from probably 6,000 calories a day, to about 1,000 or so, if that.

not to mention that when your liver fails and drives your ammonia levels up high enough to be put in hospital, you are retaining ungodly amounts of fluid. Once treatment begins, the fluid leaves :)
  • jennieg01
    jennieg01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amazing! keep it up!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and I am super proud of you! Thanks for sharing your story. Amazing!
  • Judyjudyjdy
    Judyjudyjdy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a good job with self-control. You look totally different on the outside. How is the inward change going? Bet you've dealt with a lot of "stuff." Hang in there. Perseverance will create some mighty fine gifts to yourself.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 4 months sobriety. That is awesome. Every day sober is a miracle in itself.

I'm glad you're here to share your story. Keep it up. One day at a time.
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WOW....Great job......You look good and im sure you feel good as well.
    Keep it up and add me as a friend
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I tend to avoid alcohol myself. I don't know when to stop. Too much alcoholism in my family.
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a good job with self-control. You look totally different on the outside. How is the inward change going? Bet you've dealt with a lot of "stuff." Hang in there. Perseverance will create some mighty fine gifts to yourself.

It is hard to explain...I started drinking a lot in my early 20's, and a lot changes for a person by their late 20's, I will be 29 next month. So really... my entire mid 20's were spent in a state of mind that wasn't "me". People say "work on yourself" and things like that... what they don't realize is, I really don't know who that is. Simply from early to late 20's sober, a lot changes in a person, but to basically be blindfolded the entire time and then come to the other end of the tunnel and rip the blindfold off and have someone kick you back out in to the world, it is a lot to take in and try to figure out.

It will take time, but it is all worth it. I unfortunately am back to my shy, quiet, predrinking state of mind. Which is a huge change, as the last few years, I was very out going, excitable, and really fun person. Now I feel fairly boring and reclusive.
  • hellokimmy13
    hellokimmy13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you! and proud of you! Glad you made the choice before it was too late! You look awesome!:smile:
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! and you should be so proud!! My wish for you is that 4 months turns into 4 years, 14 years, 44 years...and a whole life time of sobriety.:drinker: <
    coffee!!
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story! I'm glad you were able to overcome those demons of drinking heavily.
    A lot of people don't realize how difficult overcoming an addiction like drinking is, and I commend you for your hard work and determination to stay sober. You've made amazing progress, and you look healthy and much happier!

Keep up the great work buddy!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You've clearly worked really hard. Congratulations!
  • ladyrhodes2
    ladyrhodes2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your sobriety!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Great work! You had a lot of demons and seem to have reigned them in over the past 4 months. I hope you realize how awesome you are and I wish you continued success and sobriety.
  • jdickerson14
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done an amazing job and you are very inspirational!
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! SO awesome!! You look fantastic! Happy for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!