Females - How many sport bras do you own?

Options

Replies

• intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have three "good" bras that offer support (Panache Sport in 28F, Shock Absorber Ultimate Gym Bra in 30FF, and Nike Pro Rival in 30E) and two of the crappy bras people usually think of when they think of sports bras (the kind that stretch over your head and come in sizes like small, medium, and large). Since most of my exercise is HIIT and other workouts that involve lots of jumping around, though, those ones don't get used much since they are really not large enough for my breasts and not small enough for my underbust.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I think I have 3 sports bras, and about 6 sports tanks with built-in bras.
  • uaedubai
    Options
    6 maybe. A couple Lululemon ones that are super cute that I can wear with yoga attire. 1 Reebok one that is very supportive that I use for long runs and a couple cheaper ones that I only use if the others aren't clean.
  • reads90
    Options
    I have 12 they are all Berlie an Australian company that tests them at the institute of sport in Melbourne, I find they very comfy and love wearing them.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I have about 4 that I actually use.

2 Victoria's Secret bras which were well worth the money. I alternate them for my harder workouts.
    1 from Costco, not sure of the brand, but I only use it when my workouts don't require much jumping or bouncing around, since it's comfortable but not very supportive for that circumstance
    1 from target which I use more for stuff like yoga, since it too is comfortable, but not very supportive.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I own three....2 from Old Navy and 1 from Wal-Mart. The one from Wal-Mart is actually more comfortable than the ones from ON
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I've got about 8 or 9 of 'em but need to get more...most are too big now
    -___-
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    How many do I own, and how many I actually wear are two totally different things! LOL

I wear like 5 total of the 20+ that I own - yeah I need to get rid of some stuff. :blushing:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Informative stuff.....thanks for all the great replies! I even found a couple of styles to check into for the next time I decide to get another one. As a side note, VS came out with another version of their Incredible now with front closure. I tried it on recently, thinking it would be perfect - BUT, for me, I couldn't functionally get it zipped because it is different from the other one I have that has an internal bra (w/front closure - the Knockout) first, then zips over the top of that. I love that one too, but really was hoping this new one would work. The sales person said that even very small chested women are having an issue with the closure - things want to spring out before getting it shut. Bummer....hope they fix that.

Tried to put pictures of them on here, but didn't work. :-(
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    One bedraggled looking 4-year old thing (but used only for 5-6 months of those 4 years). It was bloody expensive (34G at the time) but it still fits so I'm keeping it until I shrink out of it :) if I am too lazy to wash and rewash it every day I can get one extra use out of it by giving it a quick tumble dry, but I throw most of our sweaty laundry in the wash right away so our bathroom doesn't smell like a gym locker lol. And now that I have switched to walking some days, I can wear any of my normal bras, so I use older/ill-fitting ones that I don't mind getting a bit sweaty.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm now the proud owner of six brand new (and properly fitting) sports bras! I do my laundry weekly, so that should keep me until I hit my ultimate goal weight. Not going to lie, I've totally cheated and given one the odd tumble dry to get an extra sweat session in previously when I only had four bras that fit.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i currently just have one

a shock absorber active d+ max classic support

living in the uk ive never found shops that make decent sports bras for larger ladies

now im a 38G i can finally fit one sports bra :(
  • araya90
    araya90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I own 4 and I hand wash them every 4 days and let them dry overnight in my closet, lol. College struggles I get mine from Walmart but I'm thinking of getting a few more from target.
  • 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! I have 4 and ALWAYS have to rewash and hang almost daily! It's very annoying but I cant exactly afford to double the amount of sports bras I have! I wish I could though!!

I have also had to buy smaller bras as I lose weight, which is kind of bitter sweet.

For reference, I have 3 Panache underwire sports bras, which I buy online and usually end up around $80. And one underwire from Victoria Secret, which I surprisingly LOVE considering i hate their regular bras! Underwire is CRUCIAL for non uniboob!!

What brands does everyone else recommend??

I share your sentiment for VS lol I hate their regular bras but their sports bra is actually pretty good
    My absolute favorite brand though has to be moving comfort, I have the Maia and Juno and I just love how they keep things in place :wink:

In total I think I have 10 or 12 but after much trial and error I don't think I will ever by other than moving comfort, seriously for large chested woman they are the best I've had
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have 4 that fit properly and do the job.

My favourite three are by Panache (handily available in back sizes 28-40 and cup sizes B-H) so they go up to my size and I've got a fair bit of scope to lose weight and not have to seek out something new that I get on with.

The other is a shock absorber red and black bra - it's comfy, holds everything in place but I prefer an under-wire and a bit of padding (for modesty) if given the choice.
  • FeefWV
    FeefWV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    all I buy are sports bras. Just out of habit. I own five. Need to buy new ones though but they are SOOOOOOOOOO expensive and I'm in process of moving. Would rather put the extra cash toward healthy fruits and vegies :-)
  • Health_Temple
    Options
    6-old white jockeys I got in boot camp
    4-nice single cup lace racer backs from Walmart
    2-synthetic fabric colored ones from Fred Meyer (I got before the lace backs and hardly use)
    12-total
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    <
    bra hoarder

• aurabu
    aurabu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    7. all of them shock absorber . nothing moves. they are perfect :))
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Update: Now I own 3! And they include pretty, bright colors :) Nothing like a new bra to make you feel like a new woman (actually bought 4 today, new woman times 4!)