Females - How many sport bras do you own?

Options

Replies

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    7. One for each day of the week, then laundry on sunday :tongue: Most of my sports bras are from UA, designed for long runs and hardcore cardio. Nothing moves, I mean nothing at all :bigsmile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

2 for running
    2 for pilates and weights
    2 light weight ones to sleep in when the ladies are sore.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Idk, like 9?

I want more tanks with shelf bras sewn in, though. It makes for less laundry since I work out so much.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Four, plus three workout tops with built ins. Gets me through a week!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Umm, 14 or so? I own way too much workout wear
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a exercise bra at a brassiere shop. BEST purchase ever it was $40 but, so comfortable and great support when running.
  • Sweet_Nyx
    Sweet_Nyx Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    8 ^_^
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    11 total, I will probably toss one and replace with a better one though

2 Nike (one is ancient and too stretched out to provide support, gonna throw it away soon)
    2 Danskin (came in a 2 pack at Wal Mart)
    1 Bally from Meijer
    2 Champion (I rarely wear them, too loose)
    4 from Forever 21 (there are my favorites actually!)

I should add that I have a small bust and don't need heavy-duty support but I like a tight/compression fit and removable soft cups (no heavy padding), especially for running and soccer in cooler weather, just so I don't get nippy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    how do you all function with only 2 or 3 bras or even 2-3 sports bras?

Are you doing laundry twice a week? I think that's just as relevant of a question- I mean I have easily 10- and I got through at least 4-5 a week.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have large breasts and NEED good bras. Good bras are not cheap. At at least $40 each, I can't afford 4 or 5. That's at least $160 in just sport bras. Then regular bras are $40-50 each and I'm changing sizes as I lose weight. I'm sure not gonna spend that much now, just to replace them all a few months from now. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids. Clothes for me are pretty low priority, especially having multiples of something just for convenience.

They just get washed less often for 2 reasons. One, I don't have time to wash every other day and two, washing that much would wear them out faster. And they already get worn a lot. I take my bra off as soon as I'm home and hang it to dry in the bathroom. I don't care that much if I sink a bit because I'm biking by myself or just with my husband. It gets washed after 2 or 3 uses.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have large breasts and NEED good bras. Good bras are not cheap. At at least $40 each, I can't afford 4 or 5. That's at least $160 in just sport bras. Then regular bras are $40-50 each and I'm changing sizes as I lose weight. I'm sure not gonna spend that much now, just to replace them all a few months from now. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids. Clothes for me are pretty low priority, especially having multiples of something just for convenience.

They just get washed less often for 2 reasons. One, I don't have time to wash every other day and two, washing that much would wear them out faster. And they already get worn a lot. I take my bra off as soon as I'm home and hang it to dry in the bathroom. I don't care that much if I sink a bit because I'm biking by myself or just with my husband. It gets washed after 2 or 3 uses.

What she said. Clothes for me are low priority. I've got two kids going, and they like taking turns with their growth spurts. I only spent the money for more today, becasue I was literally falling out of my bras every time I bent over because of the weight loss. I work out at home, with no-one but my 2 year old to see/smell me. And he doesn't care.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have 7..one for each day of the week! They're all from lulu, expensive but they last for a long time so I don't mind.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    4 I think. I need to go to store.
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options

Are you doing laundry twice a week? I think that's just as relevant of a question- I mean I have easily 10- and I got through at least 4-5 a week.

Not everyone on the site exercises more than 2 or 3 times/week. Also if someone is just doing walking, they might use a regular bra.
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have 3 for working out. Two are dedicated cardio ones; they are the high impact under armour bras (https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/womens-armour-bra-d-cup/pid1233077-001) and one just for weight lifting (under amour again ....https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/womens-ua-still-gotta-have-it-bra/pid1236768-001). I absolutely love under armour. When I was in university, I had to double or triple up with cheap bras from Walmart. Now, I don't have too.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    3 ... but only one is very good
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Not everyone on the site exercises more than 2 or 3 times/week. Also if someone is just doing walking, they might use a regular bra.

I can understand that- but I get the impression we have a lot more people who are needing a grade above "walking"... but I mean- I could be getting the wrong vibe.

Partly because I remember a thread that was very much a " I don't wash it between uses- I only wash it once a week" or I just hang it and dry it-" kind of commentary- from more than one person- which is a sanitary issue on so many levels- so perhaps i'm just tainted in my brain from the trauma of that thread LOL.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

I don't own any sports bras. Don't need them, and don't like them.. I do everything in a good quality, good fitting underwire bra, of which I have about 12, various colors. I do launder them as needed, in a mesh bag, on "delicate", of course.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I run on monday, I wash the bra in the shower with me. I do weights on tuesday, bra at home. I do pilates on tuesday, bra at work. I run on weds. Wash the bra in the shower with me. Weights on thursday, the bra from tuesday is just fine. Pilates on thursday, bra is just fine. Then bring the bra home from work. I run on friday, wash the bra in the shower with me. On sunday I wash the weights bra and the pilates bra and the running bras again.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I have about a dozen since I wear them daily under my scrubs and then also when working out. I live in those things! Various brands include Fila, Champion, American Eagle, Barely There, and Nike. Surprisingly I love the American Eagle ones I have.