lose thigh and calf muscle

Options
okay, so my thighs and calves are really muscley :cry: and I would like to know what i could do to burn the leg muscle and get nice straight legs? :smile: I've been running and i used to Jump rope but then my thighs and calves have gotten huge any exercises to reduce them?

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    okay, so my thighs and calves are really muscley :cry: and I would like to know what i could do to burn the leg muscle and get nice straight legs? :smile: I've been running and i used to Jump rope but then my thighs and calves have gotten huge any exercises to reduce them?

You have the muscles you have. If you are doing some kind of muscle gaining work you might want to cut back on that, but there aren't 'muscle reducing' exercises. Be glad you have them, lots of people would be happy to have them.
  • kokomiiau
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Only way to have muscle atrophy is to not use them at all. Even just walking will keep them activated. Genetics determines shape and size and you can't change your genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Genetics or being stuck in a wheelchair for a very long time.

Instead of trying to change something you can't you need to learn to love your body.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Define "huge".

I'm guessing your profile picture is some kind of goal?
  • kokomiiau
    Options
    They are bulky :grumble: they are not straight... I would post a pic of what i mean but i don't know how.
    I want straight legs like Cara Delevigne.... My legs bump out from the back of the thighs so there is no straight line.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    We can't change our genetics just because we want too.

Models are models because they have the genetics that dictate they look that way, and the fashion industry has decided that clothes look best on women who look that way. They really are walking manikins. It's all about the clothes and not the women wearing them.

Muscles are healthy, natural, normal and pretty awesome actually. Without them we couldn't function in life. Think of people who really can't walk, whose muscles really have atrophied. How would they feel knowing how many perfectly normal functioning people take their muscles for granted?

Cara Delevigne actually does have some muscle definition anyway. Her legs are not a "straight line".

runway-1.jpg?itok=s21V8UtI
  • release_the_kraken
    Options
    The odd things chicks post....
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Wish we can just swap legs. I would love to have more muscles in my legs!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    They are bulky :grumble: they are not straight... I would post a pic of what i mean but i don't know how.
    I want straight legs like Cara Delevigne.... My legs bump out from the back of the thighs so there is no straight line.
    Those are hamstrings and have a function. Envying how others look is only going to make you despise how your legs are. You're dealt the cards you're dealt in the genetics area. So take what you got and make them the best that they can be. For every person you wish you were, other are wishing they had your genetics for muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I am a size 1-2. I have to buy curvy bootcut jeans in my size because my legs are muscular and the straight cut legs are too tight. That's just the way my legs are. You can't change your musculature. Look at other people's legs - it doesn't look bad.

1c18e6e0e298cf5ed84092c26eba9f515552.jpg
    1c180f24dd36ae563b6d87513c5cbdf2a183.jpg
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have no help, just here to sympathize.

I can't stand my calves. As the weight drops, people are even beginning to comment on how muscular they are. :( Thighs are muscular, but they're fine and don't get noticed. It's the damned calves!! Sometimes I joke about having the muscle removed...cosmetic gastrocnemectomy. ;)

Some of it was weights. I swim a lot, so when I started doing more weight stuff, my muscles were all ready to get icky muscular and started showing up fast. :(

If you keep using them, they keep being muscular. There's no way around it.
  • kokomiiau
    Options
    i just don't like the muscles because they look so unfeminine :frown:
  • kokomiiau
    Options
    My muscles that is... If others like their muscles that's great :happy: but I don't like the way they look on me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Deal with it - and maybe work with your view on what is "feminine".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Deal with it - and maybe work with your view on what is "feminine".

this...
  • kittycatz200
    Options
    I've seen some teenagers who are obsessed with not having their thighs touch. Some magazines are also airbrushing in a gap between the thighs to make models seem skinnier since the gap is supposed to be attractive. It's unnatural in most women and it's gross in my opinion.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You want to lose MUSCLE? :noway:
    Yeah, I read that and shed a tear....
  • kittycatz200
    Options
    It's a wikipedia link but it is probably what the girl is after: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thigh_gap

It even mentions that one model.