• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    i just don't like the muscles because they look so unfeminine :frown:

The+Joker+-+And+Here+We+Go.gif
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You must be a teenager, this sounds like a teenager.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP, you can also lose the fat on top of them to make them smaller, though you will see the definition more. How much weight are you trying to lose? I am also thinking you may have Body dysmorphic disorder. How big are your thighs?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

If you are a woman then your legs are feminine.

I understand that you may not like your legs and that's just too bad because there's nothing you can do except learn to love them. Saying muscular legs aren't feminine is disrespectful to yourself and all other women. Stop trying to define feminine as some unrealistic standard because it's just going to cause you to hate yourself forever.

This is my friend Lynndsey Miller. She's a bikini competitor and a powerlifting competitor. She's taken first place in both. She lifts very heavy and has "muscular" legs, but I think she looks pretty darn feminine.
    20140322_NPCUTAH_CI46588.jpg
    51390-lynndsey-miller-11_thumb.jpg
    51390-lynndsey-miller-21_thumb.jpg
    1597556_299412796913609_721011878_n.jpg
    ^feminine !!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Complaining about having muscles. Oy, what will these chicks come up with next? I'll take these horribly masculine and "bulky" legs you've supposedly have. No problem!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Revise your definition of beauty so that it includes you. If you are unable to do that, then seek professional help.

Did someone seriously post a name of calf muscle removal surgery? Is that a thing? I hope that's a joke. I'm tired today so I may be missing sarcasm.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    okay, so my thighs and calves are really muscley :cry: and I would like to know what i could do to burn the leg muscle and get nice straight legs? :smile: I've been running and i used to Jump rope but then my thighs and calves have gotten huge any exercises to reduce them?

Snuh?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I've seen some teenagers who are obsessed with not having their thighs touch. Some magazines are also airbrushing in a gap between the thighs to make models seem skinnier since the gap is supposed to be attractive. It's unnatural in most women and it's gross in my opinion.

mines natural! and thighs rubbing together to me is gross.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    There's a mighty boosh episode where Vince is trying to fit in some tiny skinny jeans and he wheels around in a wheelchair to whither them down. You could try that...

But srsly it's just genetics, I'm 30lbs overweight and you can still see every muscle in my legs. Now I'm running I've got quads you could crack rocks on.
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I used to think I had bulky calves, but once I got down to a comfortable weight, I started to love my legs. I have some sweatpant capris with elastic around the bottom and they used to leave marks on my calves. Now they don't, they just hang there. All I had to do was lose a little weight, like 14 pounds. I like to keep my weight around 128-130. If I go a couple of pounds over that, I notice it everywhere, including my calves.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me....you want a thigh gap :huh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I was okay with your no muscle in legs goal until this.

Blahhhh
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your thighs touching mostly have to do with the shape and width of your pelvis, and that is bone girl!! You can't change that. You have to work with what you've got!! Also, confidence is sexy and beautiful. Work on that.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Revise your definition of beauty so that it includes you. If you are unable to do that, then seek professional help.

Did someone seriously post a name of calf muscle removal surgery? Is that a thing? I hope that's a joke. I'm tired today so I may be missing sarcasm.
    LOL, that was me. You must be very tired! If you re-read it, you will see it was a joke. :) There is no such thing as cosmetic gastrocnemectomy...not by any reputable surgeon, anyway. Maybe Michael Jackson's doctors would've done it, but it's not a real thing. :)

But I'm serious about not liking my calves. They're too big. Not only is there starting to be a very clear line between the bottom of them and the top, but they're just too big. Too wide. So much bigger than the bottom of my thigh. I don't like them and I wish people would stop commenting on the muscle.

I'm hoping that when I'm thinner, it will all come together better. Gotta live with what I have and be happy to be the best me I can be. (But I'd be happier if my calves were a little smaller.)
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I hear sharks are pretty good at getting rid of calf muscles- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pjbH5OuBc4
  • pepperpat64
    Options

LOL, that was me. You must be very tired! If you re-read it, you will see it was a joke. :) There is no such thing as cosmetic gastrocnemectomy...not by any reputable surgeon, anyway. Maybe Michael Jackson's doctors would've done it, but it's not a real thing. :)

psychiatry+without+a+license.jpg
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

LOL! Get me his phone number! :)
  • pepperpat64
    Options

LOL! Get me his phone number! :)

tumblr_lks8tvoZQj1qi7itzo1_400.jpg
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I dont know but when you find out, let me know. Lady-muscles are so disgusting...