New to My Fitness Pal!!

Options
Hi all,
My name is Patty and I am starting a new lifestyle today! I made a commitment to a group of people at work to lose weight! I work at Lowes and each store is starting a group, I am nervous because I made this commitment to them for the next 6 months!!I want to suceed, I am 45 and been on every diet possible. This time I am looking at it as a life change!! I have to lose 100 pounds, it seems like that is a impossible dream. I can only take one day at a time. I would love to hear everyones stories to insprie me!!
Thanks so much
We are on are way
Pattysmile:

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are going to LOVE this site. You will meet great friends who will support and motivate you throughout your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. You have to keep in mind that this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It is changes you make for the rest of your life. Stay focused, determined, and make sure you have lots of support. I wish you nothing but the best on your journey for a healthy and fit lifestyle.
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    Hi Patty and welcome!! You can add me if you would like, I am in a challenge also, it's a challenge on this site to lose 40 pounds by June, so I also need support and motivation! You came to the right place:smile:
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome Patty! We are friends now and we'll work together. The support here is awesome and I love giving support. And just like kechevarria said, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Cut down on portions you eat and watch what you eat. Exercise of any sort will help too. I've found Zumba and love it!!! Between doing Zumba and watching what I eat, I've lost 15 lbs so far and just started in November. You can do this. There are so many here going through the same thing that will be there with you through it all and I'm one of them!