Hurtful messages

Options
Has anyone else gotten hurtful messages in their inbox? I checked the profile of the sender and it said they had deleted their account. The message simple say :

"Lose some weight fatty!"

How is that supposed to do anything? I think its ridiculous and I dont even know the person who sent it.

Anyone else have a problem with that? :cry:

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is SO messed up!!! Don't let that jerk bring you down. I know it's hard when people are cruel, but letting people get to you will only hurt you worse. Pity the idiot for being so miserable that he/she has to put someone down and move on :)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anything but the account was probably deleted by the makers of this site. They're pretty good about making sure we are here for the right reasons and not participating in any cruel behavior. If it happened to others then they probably reported it. I am sorry this happened to you.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Not on here but Im on a site for Brides and i get them all the time......there trolls dont feed into it flag the account in move on If the accounts been delete it because someone may have already reported them
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Some people just have no inhibitions when it comes to social interactions on the internet. Be comforted that in real life, they are scared, insecure, and probably unhappy.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here in a while, but I know from being here previously that sometimes we get trolls, just like any other website. It's horrible and mean and I'm sorry that someone sent you a hurtful message.

Don't let this derail you, because then it gives them the power. Just ignore that idiot who is obviously struggling with their own crap, and continue on with your weight loss goals.

Happy thoughts! :smile:
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I personally haven't, but glad the person's account was closed. Sounds as if some jerk had a little too much time on his/her hands....

Press forward. The adjective doesn't match who you really are!

Shawn
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's awful :( I know they have deleted their account but maybe there is a way to report them still? I don't know how it works.
    It's hard when we receive hurtful comments like that, I was always an easy target just for people in the street (overweight + ginger is never a good combination lol) and it stung so bad when people shouted things at me. Tough, but try to ignore it and let the anger/upset drive you even closer to your goals.

And because it is true - I want to say that you are super beautiful :flowerforyou: !!!
  • stephensgirl
    stephensgirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    just consider them jealous.....:flowerforyou:
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    No I have never had that - thats horrible - don't let it get to you, clearly it was sent from someone who has some major issues.

Maybe try posting this on the tech/support forum or asking Mike, the creator, directly. They may have a way to block the user from coming back.
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Thats a first for me hearing that. Im sorry it happened to you , everyone here have been great and supportive. Dont let it get to you and keep logging and losing :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Sounds like someone created an account on this site just to send out hurtful emails. I'm sure it was a 'joke', but I'm sure that didn't make it hurt any less. You are likely not their only victim.

That said, you are amazing and beautiful and do not let some stupid prank determine your self worth.

Charmagne
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Never got one but I agree with others that the makers of this site are propably the ones that deleted the account. This is a support system and a site get discouraged. Ignore the message which I know can be difficult but their the ignorant ones and jealous. Chin up the can do this. Where here to help!!!!!!
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    Can you imagine the free time someone has on their hands to create an account, leave hurtful messages then delete it in hopes that someone may feel hurt? What a loser! This person was so lonely and sad that they have to try to annoy others just to feel somewhat good about themselves. They are probably playing 'World of Warcraft' right now in their mother's basement and took time off from fixing their balding comb-over and eating Cheetos to send that message. You should feel pity for them, they could use it.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have not received anything but like the others said, I'm sure the account was deleted right away.

I know it is so hard, to admit that you have a problem (albeit weight, drugs, alcohol, etc) and then have someone be cruel and judgmental. Just remember that that person probably is miserable and they want others to be to.

:flowerforyou:
  • NicoleRuth
    NicoleRuth Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice!! I'm new on here and I really struggle with my weight and depression. I will not let that ignorant person get me down though!

Just Keep Swimming!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    That's horrible. Probably some pathetic mama's boy that still lives at home in his mom's basement at the age of 42. Don't take it to heart. The person in real life would not be worth your thoughts.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    It was a troll. They come on a site, do things to stir up ****, then delete the account. Thats it thats all. It is immature. Think no more on it. Even discussing it feeds them. Rule 1. Do not feed the troll.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    It sounds like something my brother would have done when he was 10 if the internet had existed back then.
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's awful. I've never experienced anything like that & I'm so sorry that you have.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    That's the first time I heard that one. Did it just happen? Maybe some idiot "child" just opened an account and sent out this message for a spiteful prank then closed out the account. I would still report it. Maybe MFP did find it and closed it for "them" who did it.

Just ignore that and keep pressing on. The rest of us here love you. Just remember that!!!