Hurtful messages

Options

Replies

• brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are here to get healthy and that is the main point. I hope that person didn't bring you down and am so thankful their account was deactivated. I haven't gotten messages, but I've gotten really odd notes with friend requests. Just move on and if something like that happens again, make sure you notify Mike, the creator!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Heh yea I agree. A person who has the time to do that is sad, pathetic and obviously has nothing good to show for themselves either. I'd just laugh at them for being so simple :)
  • psychicreader80
    Options
    Thats pretty lame. I just added you as a friend. Charlie 007 said to add you. :)
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some people just feel so horrible about themselves that they feel the need to bring others down with them. Don't let that kind of negativity get you off track. You've made a wonderful choice to better your health just by becoming a member of this site. Keep at it and leave the haters behind :wink:
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    That is very sad and pathetic for someone to do that, just put them and their boorish behavior out of your mind and focus on you and your healthy goals!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    That's awful. How low would someone have to feel about themselves to come on here & put someone else down to lift themselves up. Sad really. Sorry that happened to you. Some people have nothing better to do it seems. Use that as fuel to push you forward.
  • sissybarmama
    Options
    If you remember the user name, maybe you should post it. I'm betting that fool is on other websites as well. Be great if we could flag that person.
  • Kandy3
    Kandy3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ThinK we should feel sorry for this person, what a shame to be so juvenile, unimaginative, of low intelligence and to be so lonely and desperate to write it! Hopefully they will be able to read this and 'Get some help!!'
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Nicole,

I noticed the user with the horrible pictures the other night has been deactivated...and the thread deleted....it was probably that troll.

Sorry this happened. Did you know you can block senders in personal mail? Also, you can report any mean personal mail (in the future). Personal mail is subject to moderation and disiplinary action just like posts are. FYI, personal mail on MFP isn't private - the admin can see them when reported.
    The only down side - you can't block someone until after they've sent a message.

That person will go through life angry and miserable, blaming everyone else.

You, Nicole are a beautiful person.:flowerforyou:
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    That's for sure a punk *kitten* kid doing stuff like that, just laugh at his ignorance. An adult would never go though the effort to create an account, send insulting emails and then delete their account.
  • Keekaj520
    Options
    Oh my that is horrible! I've never even had any messages... Don't listen to that person, we are all here for the same reason. People like that say things like that to make themselves feel better. Shame on them!!
  • safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Small people - Small minds ... dont let it get you down.....weight train and bash em down...or do what I do..threaten to fall on them !!

Keep your chin up !
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Not heard of it before, how sad is that poor git.... Forget it!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Some people are just mean! Sorry you were the target. I'm sure it wasn't personal. People like that are really cowards so blow them off.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    Can you imagine the free time someone has on their hands to create an account, leave hurtful messages then delete it in hopes that someone may feel hurt? What a loser! This person was so lonely and sad that they have to try to annoy others just to feel somewhat good about themselves. They are probably playing 'World of Warcraft' right now in their mother's basement and took time off from fixing their balding comb-over and eating Cheetos to send that message. You should feel pity for them, they could use it.

HAHAHAHAH you are soooo right!!!! that i most likely the exact situation going on!!!...well girl like everyone else said- dont let that get u down...i actually think to myself those poor people...their lives are SO BAD that they have to take time out of the day to try and make someone else who is trying to do something amazing with their life feel bad...its like when Jesus prayed for his enemies right before he died...because he knew they were blinded by the way they had been raised or taught to hate!

your amazing and i hope u know that after all of these comments of positivity for you!!! Keep on Swimming!!!
  • ctrlaltdelboy
    Options
    just ignore & delete and don't give it another thought - if you refuse to accept this kind of crap then it's not yours, you can only be hurt by it if you accept it so don't.

if someone offers you a cream cake/big mac etc you can either accept it and suffer the damage to your program by taking it, or refuse it leaving your program running smoothly and the owner of the item in question remains the original holder.

it's exactly the same with comments/opinions/abuse - if you choose to take it from the giver you then have it and have to deal with it, much better to say "no thanks you can keep it, it has no place in my program" and just carry on as you were unencumbered and unaffected by the thing that person tried to give you but which you declined to accept from them.

we'll never rid the world of trolls and idiots but we can choose how we act when we encounter one.
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    People can be real buttheads. Just ignore them. I am sorry for the message that the buttwipe left though. {{{{ Hugs}}}}
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Just Keep Swimming!
    YES!!

And know that the vast majority of the people here really are pals, not jerks.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I think it's horrible and I'm not condoning it. You are not anything they said, PROVE IT to yourself (and any other hater out there) by keeping up your healthy life with your head high!
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten hurtful messages in their inbox? I checked the profile of the sender and it said they had deleted their account. The message simple say :

"Lose some weight fatty!"

How is that supposed to do anything? I think its ridiculous and I dont even know the person who sent it.

Anyone else have a problem with that? :cry:

Someone immature. Just let it go.