GOAL TO LOSE 100 LBS - LETS TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME!

Options
100 lbs sounds impossible........but with support and motivation we can all help each other reach our goals!!

Just joined so would like some new friends!!

Replies

• MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too. Keep falling off the wagon tho. why do the good foods have to have soo many calories? =)
  • daisychainzcrochet
    Options
    That's my goal too! Just joined today too! Good luck!!!
  • JaniceMarieThomas
    Options
    I just can back after being gone for 16 months but my goal is close to 100 lbs.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is not impossible, but that's over a year down the road. When you're that fat, it's impossible to settle on an exact end-goal weight. I'm at 181 (today, lol) and still can't. So pull one out of your hat (or the BMI chart) until you get a ballpark one from the doctor,

If you haven't seen your doctor yet, then call for your appointment. Rule out medical problems (even if you're sure you don't have any.). Get a goal weight, daily calorie number, what kind of foods you should and shouldn't be eating and exercise limitations (or get cleared to do it all!)

What's the next size down in the closet? What's the lowest size in the closet? Those are your goals. You kept them for a reason and that reason is you want to fit back into them! The stuff you want - those are your goals!

Need to change the 3 in 300 or the 2 in 200 to a 2 or 1? Goal!

Try all kinds of exercise. Try everything you see and hear. You never know what you'll like! It can be a surprise. (I tipped over doing yoga at 250 and am just getting ready to try it again!)

Reaching those goals is something to look forward to, but focusing on the daily drudgery of weighing, measuring, eating right and exercising is important the first week. Soon, the logging becomes easier - you learn the way that works for you and the exercise becomes addictive. You'll just want to do it!

Keep your eye on long-term, but keep your focus short-term because NOW is what matters. Focus on the:

Past, 10%, just to learn and compare - never for guilt, which is unproductive
    Future, 10%, reminds you where you want to be and why you're doing this
    NOW, 80%, because now is where you are. :)

Good luck!!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    25 down 110 to go. Ish. I may change this if Im happier down the line.

Throwing away whats getting too big and have next size ready in the drawer to put on

Good luck
  • jsims99
    Options
    That's my goal too! We can do this!
  • C5North
    C5North Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Like some one else here said and I like it.

You don't have to lose 100 pounds. You only have to loose 1 pound 100 times. Easy, one step at a time.
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I Like that 1 C5 :happy:
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can do it, sweetie!

I am trying to lose 140 pounds; it seemed like a ridiculous goal six months ago when I started, but I have lost 61 pounds so far!

Go for it!!! I used to eat an entire pint of ice cream (1200 calories) nightly for years. I was surprised to learn that those impulses can be curbed and redirected, but I had to give it time, okay? Don't beat up on yourself if you are not perfect from the start.

I have learned to love my daily logging, my daily exercise, and my every-other-daily weightlifting. The weight loss was my only focus at first, but now it is more of a fantastic bonus, as I feel so much better physically, more fit, and more energetic than I did when I started.

Best of luck!!
  • Missyblueeyez
    Options
    Hello,

I have 100+ to lose and have been over weight all my life. Tired of being this way. I have a son who is 15 months and running and I want to keep up with him. So I am trying to stick this out...I have logged in 10 days in a row now and keeping track of those calories. Also doing yoga and some kind of aerobic exercise 5 days a week. I have lost 3 pounds so far...I also dropped soda out of the equation. I would also like some motivation and friends on here. So far just using this site for calories and exercise logging but motivation and friends would be awesome! It really does seem like a lot of weight and it does take time. That is the hardest part I think the time it takes...gets frustrating. We can do it though! I have a really good reason this time (My son and my health)...and maybe that's my advice is to find something that means SO MUCH to you that losing weight would make better....and go with it! Anyway I am here if anyone wants a friend.

66818457.png
  • Samphires
    Samphires Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Like some one else here said and I like it.

You don't have to lose 100 pounds. You only have to loose 1 pound 100 times. Easy, one step at a time.

I love that! It makes it seem so much more manageable, thanks!
  • babyjunebug90
    babyjunebug90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I first decided I wanted to become healthier i was about 230, I lost about 60 and have gained much of it back but am getting back in track. I need to be more consistent with diet and exercise, I let myself fall of the wagon. Now i'm trying to get back to what helped me lose the weight in the first place, I try to focus now on what I have to eat, making sure I get all my veggies and water in and before I think about something bad. I'm trying to do this just like you said one step at a time!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You can do it, it takes lots of patience. Use this time to start learning about nutrition, your body, fitness, portion control, moderation and patience.

Log your food accurately and honestly, find an activity you enjoy. Learn you don't have to perfect, just consistent. Always do the best you can on that given day, trying to be better than you were yesterday.

Also, find goals that aren't focused on the scale weight, as weight will fluctuate and if that's your only gauge it can get frustrating at times. After losing my first 40 or so lbs I switched to fitness related goals, pushing how fast or far I could bike, run, increase my lifting.

Here's a few links that helped me:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1343719-get-rich-quick

Good luck to you
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    My motivational quote is

'How do you eat an elephant? ................... One bite at a time'

You will get there. Good luck.
  • traluvsfrogs
    traluvsfrogs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this again! I stopped using MFP 18 months ago and I never even gave it a chance, ,so I'm going to start over again! I'm so tired of being FAT and not having any energy. I have 4 kids and they're growing up so fast. I've got to lose this weight so I can take them to the park, skating, 6-Flags, swimming, etc. All they want is for their mommy to spend time with them and I just run into my bedroom everyday after work and on weekends because I have no energy and I don't want to be around people. My husband begged me to go to Vegas with him in December because in 15 yrs, we've never gone anywhere together. What did I tell him? No, I'm too fat and I won't fit in the seats, plus I'll be miserable looking at all the skinny, fit women! The thing that gets me is he knows I want so bad to lose weight, but he brings home fast food, chocolate candy bars, cokes, donuts, etc. I wanted to do the weight loss surgery, but he's not having it because he thinks it's too dangerous, oh ok....100lbs overweight's not dangerous!? I just started a program called Genesis. It's not for weight loss, it's mainly to get healthier and have energy through vitamins, etc. I never dreamed I'd ever look like this and I know it's going to be extremely hard to lose 100lbs, but my life is passing me by so fast and I'm tired of being depressed and unhappy because of FAT!!! I apologize this is so long, but I really needed to get this off my chest. I have no friends on MFP, and I'm still not sure how all of this works. I'm going to log my food and exercise and hopefully make this work. Thank you for listening and it's comforting to know I'm not alone on MFP:)
  • jennbrosnahan
    jennbrosnahan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends, feel free to add me! I've lost 185 pounds and still have 50 more to go! We can do this together!
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 123 lbs. to lose.... let's do this!!! :smile:
  • GGS54
    GGS54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very tough goal, but if you set intermediate goals of 20 pounds at a time, it may make things a little easier. I only had 20 pounds to lose, but set 5 pound increments just the same, and it worked. Good luck, and remember to think of it not as losing 100 pounds but lengthening and improving your life!:flowerforyou:
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Traluvsfrogs congrats on getting started. You have take the first big leap. We are all on a journey to weight loss and can identify with you. Stay motivated..that is the key. We didn't put this weigh on overnight and we won't lose it overnight. It will take time and a lifestyle change...but you will quickly start to feel better and have more energy when you are eating properly and exercising. Don't be a bystander any more,,,get out and live. Your kids deserve it.
  • jdecossas
    Options
    I've been here a week and also looking for friends for support. I want to lose 125 lbs and do it realistically for the first time, 1 lb at a time. Type 2 diabetic, diet controlled at present.