Anyone have any Crock Pot Recipes to share?

Replies

• aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    OH MY!!!! :tongue: IT all looks SO YUMMY!!! :love: I love my crockpot.... always looking for ideas. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Crock Pot Garlic Roast & Potatoes

Ingredients:
    -cheapest cut of roast you can find or whatever you prefer
    -1 medium yellow onion
    -1 head of garlic (not cloves, but a whole head - 2 if you really love garlic)
    -5-6 red potatoes
    -sea salt
    -pepper

Directions:
    -Liberally salt the roast. This is important as it will create a very tender roast. Then take a knife and cut with the end into the roast, about 5 or so garlic-sized pockets. Shove a clove of garlic into each pocket. This will make a huge difference in the flavouring of the meat. Set aside.
    -Cut up the onion making large rings - about 3/4" works nicely - and throw half the onion into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the roast on the onion layer.
    -Toss the remaining onion and garlic cloves on top of the roast. Sprinkle with pepper. Add the potatoes on top and you are done.
    -Cook 8-10 hrs.

Simple but incredibly tasty. If you are trying to minimize fat and salt content - this may not be the best recipe for you as reducing the salt used will make a tougher roast and using a leaner cut of meat will not have as much flavour.

I portion this out for lunches and dinners and even with the salt/fat I'm still well within my daily intakes. This is by far the best crock pot recipe I've ever had.
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    We've done a chicken and dumplings recipe from the following link

http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chicken-dumplings-26224

The only thing we did differently was not making the dumplings in the crockpot. Instead we just baked some biscuits separately since I'm not really a fan of bisquick for breads/biscuits as it tends to be heavy and dry (at least the way I have made it).
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Oh my goodness - y'all are awesome at sharing great recipes! I can't comment on each but thank you all so much for sharing. They all sound so yummy. Can't wait to try them all. I now have plenty of ideas for dinners now. Going to create a recipe collection for the crock pot and print them so I have them for my homemade cookbook.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    Just made this tonight, takes about 20 minutes to prep before work, tastes amazing and makes the house smell wonderful when you get home:

CROCK POT POT ROAST

2-3 lb roast
    5 carrots, chopped
    4 medium potatoes chopped or 15-20 whole baby potatoes
    1 yellow onion, sliced
    salt and pepper
    1-2 garlic cloves, minced
    onion soup packet or other seasonings

Rub the roast in salt and pepper and brown on all sides over medium-high heat, about 4 min/side. Place the roast in the crock pot with chopped carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic. Add a packet of onion soup mix or your own spice blend, I just throw in a little of whatever i.e. garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, a little chili powder, whatever you like. Pour enough water over to cover the roast and veggies. Cook on the low setting for 8-10 hours and voila! Everyone will be impressed.
    :flowerforyou: Think I'll try this over the weekend, appreciate you sharing. All the other shares are also welcomed... than you.:drinker:
  • Bump
  • RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    beef roast.. seared in a tbs of butter. set in crock pot sprinkle 1 packet of beef gravy mix. 1 packet of Italian dressing mix and 1 packet of ranch dressing mix on top... add 1/2.cup - 1.cup of water... set temp on high and let cook for about 3 hours or until tender.... sounds weird and super simple but is seriously the best beef roast you will EVER have!
  • donnellyalynn
    donnellyalynn Posts: 22 Member
    Bump
  • I do shredded ChIckes and gravy, and eat it over rice!

2 packets Low sodium mckormic chicken gravy powder
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    2 cans low sodium chicken broth
    1 cup water
    1 3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 tbsp of minced onion seasoning
    1 tbsp of minced garlic
    Black pepper to taste

Mix the soup, gravy mix, seasonings, broth and water into the crock pot. Then put in your chicken, and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Then I either make rice or mashed potatoes and eat it over them. Yum! And only about 226 calories per 8th off he recipe! Without rice or potatoes
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    3 Raw Chicken breast
    1 cup salsa (or however much you need to cover chicken)
    1 packet chicken taco seasoning

and there you have chicken tacos :)
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Rub whole chicken with 2tsp garlic powder 2 tsp smoked paparika 1/2 tsp kosher salt 1 tbs crushed black peppercorns. Chop up one onion place it it crock put rubbed chicken on top , slow cook 6-8 hrs. No need add water the chicken cooks down in its own juice, easiest thing and can shred for taco, top bean soups, sandwich or alone with side vegetable, I squeeze lemon in crock because adds nice flavor lime would work too and I think toasted cumin seeds give it a really nice authentic flavor
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    bump!
  • Thanks for all of the great recipes!
  • jdiem
    jdiem Posts: 4 Member
    Bump
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Bump for saving...thanks for the great ideas!
  • southernmom3
    the weather here is perfect for crock pot suppers. I haven't been to the grocery store yet to get the ingredients for anything else that has been post so I made loaded potato soup with what I had on hand.

Peel and dice 6 to 8 white potatoes. Add enough water to cover plus an inch. If you like onions, add diced onions or some dehydrated onions. Add either ham pieces or bacon bits. Cook on low all day while you work. When you get home, mash most of the potatoes leaving several lumps is fine. Gives it texture. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup - I use the fat free; mix in a small container of sour cream - I use the light; add just enough milk to make it the soup-iness you want. I add chives and top with shredded cheese.

If you have enough calories left in your day, you can put this in a bread bowl and dip and eat. If you want to mix it up, you can add broccoli pieces or shredded carrots. Add these when you add in the potato pieces.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    the weather here is perfect for crock pot suppers. I haven't been to the grocery store yet to get the ingredients for anything else that has been post so I made loaded potato soup with what I had on hand.

Peel and dice 6 to 8 white potatoes. Add enough water to cover plus an inch. If you like onions, add diced onions or some dehydrated onions. Add either ham pieces or bacon bits. Cook on low all day while you work. When you get home, mash most of the potatoes leaving several lumps is fine. Gives it texture. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup - I use the fat free; mix in a small container of sour cream - I use the light; add just enough milk to make it the soup-iness you want. I add chives and top with shredded cheese.

If you have enough calories left in your day, you can put this in a bread bowl and dip and eat. If you want to mix it up, you can add broccoli pieces or shredded carrots. Add these when you add in the potato pieces.

Sounds heavenly... Thanks so much
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm coming home to this tonight. So good!

Crockpot Ropa Vieja with Cuban Style Rice

Print
    Prep time
    10 mins
    Cook time
    8 hours
    Total time
    8 hours 10 mins

Serves: 6-8
    Ingredients
    For the ropa vieja
    1.5-2lbs flank steak
    1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
    1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
    1 (6 oz) can tomato sauce
    1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
    3 tablespoons capers, drained
    1 tablespoon cumin
    1 tablespoon dried thyme
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    4 garlic cloves, peeled
    1 bay leaf
    salt and pepper, to taste

For the Cuban rice
    1 head of cauliflower, stem removed and roughly chopped
    3 thick sliced of bacon, diced
    1 (4 oz) can tomato sauce
    2 teaspoons cumin
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

Brown the flank in oil.
    Add your onions and peppers to the bottom of the crockpot.
    Place your flank on top and cut 4 deep slices into the flank and push your garlic cloves into the roast.
    Now add all your spices and salt and pepper.Then add your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, capers, and bay leaf to the rest of the crockpot.
    Place on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-7 hours.
    When your ropa vieja is almost done, it’s time to cook your rice
    Add your chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment. And rice all the cauliflower up.
    Add your diced bacon to a large saucepan and cook down up bacon has browned and cooked almost completely through.
    Then add your cauliflower, tomato sauce and spices to the saucepan. Mix thoroughly then cover.
    Let cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring randomly to help incorporate all the flavors.
    Once your ropa vieja is done cooking, use a couple fork to shred your beef in the crockpot. Serve ropa vieja on top of cuban cauliflower rice
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Here's mine! I don't know the stats, but it's one of my favorites.

2 raw Chicken breasts
    2 cans condensed Broccoli Cheddar soup
    2 cans Whole Sweet Corn

Throw everything in together in the morning on low. At lunch time you can cut/dice/shred/whatever the chicken and put it back. At dinner you have a yummy, creamy soup!
  • southernmom3
    I made the taco soup and it was devine! thanks so much for sharing such yummy recipes. I will try a beef one next - over the weekend and let y'all know which one I try.