3 years of dedication and 315 pounds lost.

Options

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible transformation - you are an inspiration! Congrats on a job well done.
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for posting. It's great to hear you affirm that a clean healthy diet is the key to success. Congrats and yes this is an inspiration to all of us!
  • ynot14
    ynot14 Posts: 5
    Options
    Truly awesome! Congratulations!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your advice, your story and your wisdom. Your journey is truly inspiring.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Stogie, how inspiring what you have done for yourself and your family. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • Zenexercise
    Zenexercise Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. very inspiring story
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are a hero to all of us trying to make the change. Congratulations on what you've accomplished! I am a quarter of the way to my goal... Your success cheers me on!
  • Eagerlylookingforward
    Options
    Congrats so thrilled for you. You truly are inspiring.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    amazing! I love learning about all these awesome success stories, so inspiring :)
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That is purely incredible; fantastic job
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Stogie40 wrote: »
    I didn’t want to post in the success area until I reached my goal, but today officially marks my 3 year anniversary of my new lifestyle, and my daughter said it will help inspire others. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the hospital with the determination to get healthy and be a bigger part of my daughters’ lives. For too long my health made me an empty seat. It has been a long, hard, and lonely road, but I can honestly say, I never looked back and never faltered. I wanted to get healthier more than anything, because that meant being there for my family as much as possible. I read and researched as much as I could about eating healthy. In my case, diet was the only way I could loose weight and get healthy, because working out was not an option due to a serious issue with one of my legs. To everyone reading this, know that a clean diet is the key to being healthy. Every pound I lost was from diet alone. I’m not saying this is an easy lifestyle, I’m saying it’s the best lifestyle IMO. There are plenty of people that say, they can eat this and that everyday and still loose weight, but yet are they getting healthier? Just because you loose weight doesn’t make you healthy. I understand stopping the crappy food isn’t easy, we are going against a lifetime of eating a certain way. In many cases, food is our addiction. With our addiction, we can’t just quit it, we have to smell it, touch it, taste it, and consume it everyday, just to survive. I’m not saying give everything you want up. I have cravings bad, but I get over them by having a few bites. Like when my daughters get French Fries, I’ll steal 5 or so from them, or I’ll grab a few Pringles, just enough to take the edge off. If I don’t, I find myself fixated on my latest craving. I’ll stare at it, and loose myself in the though of eating it, much like a dog begging. I also allow myself to splurge on holidays, one meal of calorie and carb overload won’t make you fat, just like one salad won’t help you get healthy. Just remember this is to get healthy not a punishment. Moderation really is the key. When I left that hospital 3 years ago, I had a handful of prescriptions that I had to take 3 times a day. It took 2 1/2 years, but I am off all my meds, and I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower. Carbs are great for long distant runners, but not my big ol butt. It takes longer for carbs to break down, so it takes longer for our body to go into Ketosis. Trust me, it is so worth every sacrifice you make to get healthy. It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental. I would wish you all good luck in your journey, but luck has nothing to do with it. You need strength, and with that, stay strong and never give up.

b3dda71b-f9ae-4cc2-9466-3962f63218ba_zps04bee592.jpg

Two words and excuse my language: HOLY *kitten*. Congrats buddy!

• annkeane614
    annkeane614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stogie40 wrote: »
    I didn’t want to post in the success area until I reached my goal, but today officially marks my 3 year anniversary of my new lifestyle, and my daughter said it will help inspire others. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the hospital with the determination to get healthy and be a bigger part of my daughters’ lives. For too long my health made me an empty seat. It has been a long, hard, and lonely road, but I can honestly say, I never looked back and never faltered. I wanted to get healthier more than anything, because that meant being there for my family as much as possible. I read and researched as much as I could about eating healthy. In my case, diet was the only way I could loose weight and get healthy, because working out was not an option due to a serious issue with one of my legs. To everyone reading this, know that a clean diet is the key to being healthy. Every pound I lost was from diet alone. I’m not saying this is an easy lifestyle, I’m saying it’s the best lifestyle IMO. There are plenty of people that say, they can eat this and that everyday and still loose weight, but yet are they getting healthier? Just because you loose weight doesn’t make you healthy. I understand stopping the crappy food isn’t easy, we are going against a lifetime of eating a certain way. In many cases, food is our addiction. With our addiction, we can’t just quit it, we have to smell it, touch it, taste it, and consume it everyday, just to survive. I’m not saying give everything you want up. I have cravings bad, but I get over them by having a few bites. Like when my daughters get French Fries, I’ll steal 5 or so from them, or I’ll grab a few Pringles, just enough to take the edge off. If I don’t, I find myself fixated on my latest craving. I’ll stare at it, and loose myself in the though of eating it, much like a dog begging. I also allow myself to splurge on holidays, one meal of calorie and carb overload won’t make you fat, just like one salad won’t help you get healthy. Just remember this is to get healthy not a punishment. Moderation really is the key. When I left that hospital 3 years ago, I had a handful of prescriptions that I had to take 3 times a day. It took 2 1/2 years, but I am off all my meds, and I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower. Carbs are great for long distant runners, but not my big ol butt. It takes longer for carbs to break down, so it takes longer for our body to go into Ketosis. Trust me, it is so worth every sacrifice you make to get healthy. It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental. I would wish you all good luck in your journey, but luck has nothing to do with it. You need strength, and with that, stay strong and never give up.

b3dda71b-f9ae-4cc2-9466-3962f63218ba_zps04bee592.jpg
    You are truly an inspiration to me. It proves that no matter how long it takes to get to your goal it is worth it.
    I am thrilled for you. You look like a brand new person and you have a new lease on life.

I also greatly appreciate your comments about exercise. I am trying to do more but I have some health issues too that make exercise hard and painful. I'm hoping that as my weight goes down my exercise will increase.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pattyjoshockley
    pattyjoshockley Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on such a great success. I am so glad to hear that one can do this with diet alone.

"I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower."

Do you know about how many grams of carbs you eat a day?
  • zeusta20
    Options
    Wow...congratulations. Thanks so much for sharing. If I took away one thing from this post, it's that you said this is to get healthy, it's not a punishment. That I think just gave me my breakthrough on my journey to a healthier lifestyle. Thank you.
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congrats on all your hard work, you look awesome! :)
  • kodak1122
    kodak1122 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! Way to go!! Trulyan inspiration!!
  • therindaproject
    therindaproject Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are amazing.
  • Bethsnow
    Bethsnow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!!! I've started again today...feel like 50 pounds is insurmountable so your story is EXACTLY what I needed! What you've done is incredible!! Thanks for sharing - your daughter was right.
  • Kdickey44
    Kdickey44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and you are an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!