Does anyone feel like their goals are a million miles away?

Options
124»

Replies

• unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i try not to put dates to it. though, i do find myself HOPING i can get there by a certain date.. only to always fail.. probably because i sabotage or maybe my body just isnt ready for that yet. i have come a really long way and i know that it takes a really long time of repeating the same pounds up and down before i start to get lower... but still have that thought like oh it would be so cool if i hit a healthy bmi before three years.. but ya know what.. it will still be cool if its after that. the truth is i know i have to "do the time" so that i know how to KEEP it off. i understand you might want it by a certain day because of a certain event or reason.. but give yourself credit for being that much closer to goal.

trust in the process. keep pushing forward and do what you need to do and be consistent.
  • JenEroom
    Options
    I know the feeling.. i can't get past my sugar cravings! i sometimes feel like i fail everyday but i can't seem to stop myself!! I keep being honest about my food and thats all i can do.. i hope it gets easier the more i pay attention.. Best of luck!!
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I guess depends on my attitude for that day lol. If I am bloated I will feel like I have a long way to go. However that does not stop me. I keep going even when I don't feel like it bcuz I know that feeling will past
  • sallybaine
    sallybaine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I set mini goals only by weight and not by date. I have a carefully constructed list of rewards with strictly no bingeing allowed outside these treats:

65kg 1 bowl of edamame
    64kg 6 rice crackers with cheese
    63kg 1 chocolate soufflé
    62kg 1 McDonald's McChicken meal
    61kg 1 KFC popcorn chicken meal
    60kg 1/2 Dominos meatlovers pizza

I know a lot of people on MFP criticize food rewards "You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food" but it really works for me. Last night at the gym I weighed in at 65kg so I will be having the edamame today.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Like the others have said, break it up. I have an ultimate goal of running a marathon and a triathlon. Those are both years off, and I'm not even focusing on that at the moment. Right now my running goal is to complete the couch to 5 k, then I'll make another goal. For weight loss, I have a goal of losing over half of my starting weight, that is a daunting number, even though my ticker shows a lot to lose, right now I'm focusing on getting to 50 pounds lost, because I'm getting really close!

Again, break it up!
  • uppup
    uppup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, I know, I wish I could look as good as I feel but it will take time. I started a 10#challenge for October. I need to motivate myself. I've been doing great with exercise but now I need my diet to lose the pounds.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    My goals seem to adapt and change every few months. Totally agree with posters about breaking it down into smaller short term goals though.
  • marywells1420
    Options
    always, even though I'm 13kg down with 37kg to go. It can be daunting.

I take it one day at a time and try not to get too discouraged when it becomes slow going.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yup! I have 80lbs to lose and that number terrifies me when I look at it all at once. So I'm taking it 10lbs at a time. I want to be down 10lbs by Halloween. I would also like to lose 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips by then but I won't freak if I don't. Tiny goals. Teeny tiny goals this time around. Otherwise I'll just end up quitting again.
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    All your replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Day 4 and I feel into the swing of it. I will be coming back to the post when I need perspective, so thanks again.

J
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Before I setup my goal it was very easy for me to skip daily routine and have fun. But after deciding about my goal weight it is very difficult for me to reach a goal. I really do lots of exercise and maintaining my diet to. So I am waiting to see myself in my goal weight.