Birth Control SUggestion...

Options
124»

Replies

• jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My mother never used any sort of pill, injection, or Rx at all to prevent pregnancy. Since I can remember (she was very open about.. everything LOL) she has only used condoms and never had a scare or worry at all, for the past 15-20 years! So NFP is still very viable, my guess. :)

I wish that would have worked for me! A condom was used and I ended up with my daughter. My second one was planned, but I was using two different kinds of control. I was supposed to be done! My third...I was on the pill! AAAHHH!!! I done having kids, so my BC is permanent now. Apparently I'm quite fertile. LOL My doctor wanted me off the hormones and I couldn't afford to take the chance of ending up with a fourth.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm on NuvaRing and I love it. You use it for 3 weeks, leave it out for a week to have your period, then put a new one in for 3 more weeks. It's good because there aren't many side effects. My periods are shorter & lighter and I feel "normal" as far as hormones. I was a bit more emotional than normal the first couple months while I was getting used to it, but after that, I feel like myself emotionally again.

Sometimes it slips out but as long as you rinse it off & put it back in within 3 hours, you're still protected. I've been on it for a year and we also use the pull out method, and no accidents yet! :happy:

Where I'm from - we call that "getting off at Gateshead" because the local train service runs from Sunderland to Newcastle - Gateshead is the stop before last....
    Sorry, but it just popped into my head when you mentioned "pulling out"
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I have the BEST birth control out there...sure-fire way to keep from having kids.

Spend a day with a screaming toddler who enjoys throwing books and other hard objects at your face, thereby making you bleed. Then have said toddler also dump out the entire garbage can & smelly contents onto your wood floors, finding his p00ped diapers and running off with them, squishing them in his hands and then putting said hands on your plasma TV. For good measure, when you tell him "I love you" he'll scratch your face hard and laugh when you cry. Throw in a good punch to the back of your head for good measure. While you're cleaning up the garbage, he'll dump out mashed potatoes, etc that he can get a hold of from the pantry and slam your cabinet doors so hard they'll fall off the hinges, run and tip the coffee table over...all while trying to work from home.

and then, of course, your husband will come home and say "Boy I'm tired. How was your day? BTW i'm leaving in 5 'cuz I've got bowling"

After a day spent with a kid like that and you'll REFUSE to have s3x again on the off chance you'll have a kid. :laugh: Babies are cute for the first few months. After that, most days you'll wish you'd never made that decision.
  • hildursg
    hildursg Posts: 106
    Options
    Hormonal IUD and love it. No weight gain or any change except hardly any visit during the month to speak of :)
  • hildursg
    hildursg Posts: 106
    Options
    I have the BEST birth control out there...sure-fire way to keep from having kids.

Spend a day with a screaming toddler who enjoys throwing books and other hard objects at your face, thereby making you bleed.
    That is also a very effective birth control!