Best Calorie burn exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I gotta join a gym that has a row machine and go buy Turbo Jam, kickboxing, and Zumba workout vids STAT!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    To the previous Turbo Jam posters and the op: when you read our suggestions, watch out for others weight.

Turbo Jam 50 minutes burns 400 calories for me as per my HRM (523 as per MFP) so don't get excited with the 800 cal burns people are posting. I'm 138lbs, 5'8.
  • CaptainSmedley
    Options
    You need to go work out for an hour at a minimum if you want to see some real results. It takes some time to build up your endurance but the results will come. Believe me, I started out at 265 lbs and cracked 180 two weeks ago. It has taken many (7) years.
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Insanity is GREAT for burning calories. I burn an average of 700 calories in 40 minutes. It's the most intense (hence the name, I'm sure) cardio I've ever done.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is insane. I barely hit 400 when running a 5K.
    An hour long video for me is just over 300.
    I really think some people grossly overestimate their exercise.
    I agree. I ran a 10k this past september and burned 675. But that was 6 miles! I usually burn 210-250 for a 30 minute workout or 450 for a 50 minute workout. And I am also around 300-325 for a 5k.