"Healthy" Foods You Wished You Liked But Don't

Options

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Don't like anything with vinegar either, ptewwie. Gross. Other than that - I'd have to say (in no particular order of disgust) mushrooms, raw onion, beets, snails, most fish, anything slimy. I can 'work' with most veggies if need be. Roasting with Mrs. Dash has done wonders for my intake of healthier foods.
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit.

I know it's *supposed* to be a super fat blaster and all, but I just cannot stomach it.

Nice pun there... :happy:
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Same here with the avocado and cottage cheese. I tried them in different variations, but I just can't make myself like either of them. :tongue:
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny because my mom likes all these too and my dad likes some of them. I just can't do it lol. I'm allergic to shellfish so at least I have an excuse for that, but I really wish I liked fish because it is really great for you.

I also don't like mushrooms, raw tomatoes (except in salsa), or oatmeal (unless it's in a cookie).

But, I like some things other people don't care for like hummus, spinach (raw), and broccoli are some of my favorite foods!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of greek yogurt. The Yoplait Greek version is ok, but has a lot of sugar so not really "healthy". The healthy i.e. low sugar versions are too sour or something... even with fruit mixed in.

I'm not a big fruit eater in general. I like fresh pineapple, but hate going through the labor of cutting one up and buying it already cut up is way too expensive. I'll occasionally eat a banana... maybe 2 or 3 per year. I do like cherries, but the season is so short and they are awfully expensive even in season...

I like pretty much any vegetable except okra and lima beans. Cooked okra has a texture like snot - I almost died when bite into one.
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much any vegetable except okra and lima beans. Cooked okra has a texture like snot - I almost died when bite into one.

Oh God, okra! *cringe* I don't like it at all. Living in the south, people around here like fried okra. I don't like fried foods in general, but okra is just horrible even if it's breaded and fried!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Tuna. I just can't.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Cilantro. Seriously. mmmm...soapy uselessness.
    Tofu. Why do you always taste like scrambled eggs? If I wanted scrambled eggs, they are far easier to cook.
    Olives. At least my grocery store puts the disgusting smelling vat of them near the bread, so you help me avoid the bread...
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    Options
    Only pears and rockmelons
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Kale...in any shape, fashion, or form...can't make it taste good at all!
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Okra is awesome! I grow it because it's not easy to find in stores up here.

And Lima beans I sneak them into soups and stews & my unsuspecting friends and family love them. They just don't know they do.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Seafood besides tuna, avocado, zucchini, capsicum.... I could go on and on with vegetable. I don't have any issues finding enough to eat though!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I dont like most fish. I will make myself eat frozen fish that is in a box but not much else.
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single one. I love everything everyone above me has mentioned, kale, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, beets, okra, collard greens, I can't think of a single vegetable that I don't like. I like grapefruit, hummus, fish, cottage cheese, too. I know a lot of people don't like turnips but I haven't seen them mentioned. Maybe people who don't like turnips don't even wish they liked them.

On the other hand, I don't like doughnuts or cake, so maybe I'm just weird.
  • kadsmaller
    kadsmaller Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt - eww
    asparagus - eww
    beets - extra eww
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Kale. Too much prep for so little enjoyment.

Asparagus. Everyone I know seems to think it's a marvelous delicacy and I can barely choke it down.

Lima beans. Never been able to stand them.

And Greek yogurt is starting to taste kind of soapy to me.

OTOH, I love brussels sprouts, cottage cheese and kohlrabi.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single one. I love everything everyone above me has mentioned, kale, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, beets, okra, collard greens, I can't think of a single vegetable that I don't like. I like grapefruit, hummus, fish, cottage cheese, too. I know a lot of people don't like turnips but I haven't seen them mentioned. Maybe people who don't like turnips don't even wish they liked them.

On the other hand, I don't like doughnuts or cake, so maybe I'm just weird.

This is pretty much me...

Also, I don't understand the mentality of wishing to like something you don't like...I don't see the point...the nutrients in X that you (Royal) don't like can generally be had with Y which you do like. It's like wishing I liked running (which I hate) even though I love cycling and get a perfectly good workout from riding...it would be pointless for me to run or waste time wishing I liked running.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Fish... I want to like it... I really do but I don't. Unless it's fried.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fish
    Beans
    Grapefruit
    Eggplant
    Eggs
    Zucchini/squash
    Most apples
    Tofu
    Green tea
    Kombucha
    Yogurt
    Raw carrots
    Cooked broccoli

....this is getting embarrassing.
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt! I love the vanilla flavored one but I stopped eating it due to the high sugar content. Now I've switched to plain and can only drink it in smoothies. Sometimes I'll choke it down on its own with some fresh food mixed in when I feel like punishing myself.