What is your secret food addiction?

Options
CuracaoRunner
CuracaoRunner Posts: 21 Member
I am, albeit shameful, hopelessly addicted to Zuppa Toscana. I'd never been to an Olive Garden (it was always the 'other', Red Lobster) before I met my husband. When we went, the first time I had Zuppa Toscana, he had ordered it and told me that I should try it. Ugh. If I had to cheat on my husband, with food, this would be it! That being said, I used 9 ... I'll let that sink in .... NINE pounds of potatoes to make a batch that could feed 3 families. Between he and I, we've all but polished off a bowl in the course of 2 days. So, my question here for you folks is this. What food do you have the worst time saying 'No!' to?

Replies

• Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sushi, especially tuna and hamichi (yellowtail) otherwise Japanese food in general, but mainly sushi.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Southern-style banana pudding. I could eat it by the vat. If I had unrestricted access to banana pudding and a good sturdy spoon, I would be huge. I don't dare make it at home, because I would polish off the entire decadent batch. But it is a staple of potlucks and barbecues. I don't even really care for most of the ingredients on their own...but somehow mixing the bananas, Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, sour cream, and 'Nilla Wafers (in all their soggy deliciousness) turns it into heaven in a bowl...without a doubt, my favorite white trash comfort food.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Cereal. I eat a bowl of cereal every day. I'm not talking Fiber One either. Tonight I had Lucky Charms. Al that sweet crunchy goodness swimming in cold milk. I love cereal.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    little debbie cakes...all kinds (aka little debbie mistakes, lol)
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    Options
    i like pizza&i ve got a hard time stopping..&ice cream..
  • justastranger
    justastranger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BBQ CHIPS

so crunchy and delicious... I could probably live off them :O
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Food
  • missfitnessdaisy
    Options
    Pizza , chocolate , cheesecake and ice cream , I can't resist :O
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sausage and fried onions in french bread with cool mustard and ketchup.

I even know the little transport cafe 300 miles from where I live that does a perfect one.

I would even do the 600 mile round trip for it.

that is my true food love
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have many,
    but if I had to pick my ultimate one, be scotch eggs.
    For those in the USA who maybe not heard of it, it basically a boiled egg, encased in a little sausage meat with breadcrumbs.

If I had no health probs or weight probs, I really could sit in a room and just work my way through as many as I could munch non stop

It is the one treat I know I can have that doesn't mess with my diabetes much, so it my treat when I do online shops each month :)
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I can think of a few...salt & vinegar potato chips or cheesecake!
  • LittleTonk1
    Options
    If I tell you, it wouldn't be a secret!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Sushi, especially tuna and hamichi (yellowtail) otherwise Japanese food in general, but mainly sushi.

Oh, yes! Yellowtail is my absolute favorite, with tuna close behind. I love a good rainbow roll, too. There is an all-you-can-eat sushi bar about a mile from my home and it's really good (you know, for all you can eat :laugh:). It's a good thing my financial budget won't allow me to go very often.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Food

Yup. More specifically frosted cookies, pizza, and candy. Portions don't exist for these foods.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    fettucinne alfredo - after not having it for a while, I had it with my boyfriend the other day. He described it as watching a velociraptor meeting a cow.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Pizza and chips
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    chocolate...
  • my bf's chicken vindaloo, my spag bol or a chicken balti from the takeaway (lucky if i can afford that even once a month though basically anything thats home cooked haha
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sliced white bread and butter - OMG my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!