60 lbs in one year!

Options

Replies

• helluva4
    Options
    Wow how motivating! Now I know I can do it if I have support like this. Just started today and my goal weight is 250. I need to lose more but I'm being realistic right now. Let's see how this goes. Was going to pay money for weight watchers but I figured, I can save money and do it myself, just be disciplined. I said I was going to concentrate on weight loss first and then incorporate more exercise later on. Right now I do normal activity such as cleaning around the house and walking and riding public transporation when neccessary. I also have stairs in my home, so I said I was going to at least go up and down the stairs at least 10 times non-stop at least 3 times a week. I already have lost a little weight because I can tell in pictures, besides my family tells me. However I need to lose more and get rid of these pre-existing illnesses. I went out for New Year's. Something I had not done in long while and it felt good. I got out there and danceds. It was a workout in itself. I figured If I do this every so often, that's exercise as well. Well like I stated, this is going to be a challenge and I look forward to seeing my first 10-15lbs lost by Valentine's Day! Wish me luck! :drinker:
  • susanleigh
    Options
    Congrats on being such a success...keep it up! This is encouraging to so many!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far......Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • pvcpookie
    Options
    You look fab. Thanks for taking the time to post. It inspires all of us!:happy: :happy:
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Keep up the great work! :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Your face and midsection look so much slimmer! Great job!! you should be very proud of yourself!
  • meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    You look great! 291 was my starting weight too and I hope to be down over 100 as well... you are motivation that I can do it!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay! You even seem happier :D Looking good! Keep it up!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an awesome job you have done and you look great and healthier. You are an inspiration to those of us just starting out. Thanks for sharing your B/A's! Can't wait to see your next ones!
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the support and kind words! I'm so very glad my friend, Weightingforsara, introduced me to this website. Logging everything (food & exercise) really puts everything in perspective and has allowed me become more disciplined and careful about what I put into and do to my body. The support, motivation, inspiration, and encouragement I receive from the wonderful members of MFP has really propelled me along as I don't have much support from my RL friends (I've even lost a best friend in the process, but that's another story). I have been lucky enough to meet some new, supportive people and grow closer with my family & husband, who've been my rock through the entire journey so far. I really DO feel like a new person (sometimes it's hard to actually SEE that I look like a new person until I take new pictures and compare) and I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it is. The sad part is that I didn't feel bad before, but with the direction I'm going now, I never want to go back...I feel too good!

Thanks again!! :flowerforyou:
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    You're looking beautiful girl! Keep up the good work...congratulations!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I love the smile on your face in the after pics!! You've worked hard girl and you deserve to smile like that!!!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Incredible! congrats!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty! Good job!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING! GREAT JOB!!! I hope to post a success story too! I am just starting my journey and hope to loose 100 pounds in the next year or 2!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    WOW - look at you!!! Looking great!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    great job sweetie! YOu are SWIMMING in those clothes!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    amazing, keep up the great work, you should be very proud.
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Amazing - you look so much younger! Good Job!:wink:
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

Great job working on it all year!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!