Yoga Pants! (nuff said)

Options
123457»

Replies

• notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If they weren't called yoga pants would anyone get all up in arms about the fact that women were wearing them 'out in public' who weren't doing it to work out? I wear them because I like them and the way they look, and mine were expensive and you'd never catch me working out in them. They sure look a lot better to wear out and about than sweatpants or those darned old pajama pants people think are okay to wear. Get over it. They look good, feel good so why can't we wear them whenever we want?

And stop showing pictures of overweight women wearing them to laugh at. That's body shaming. They have just as much right to wear them as any other woman does. If they are comfortable enough to be seen in them, more power to them. Knock it off.

You do make some great points - everyone is entitled to wear what they want. I'm not down with body shaming either.

My complaint is that it's "trendy" to wear workout clothes because being fit/working out itself is trendy. It does bother me when I see people at the mall decked out in head to toe Lululemon when clearly they aren't coming to or from a work out, and don't appear to be taking care of their health judging by the fact that they're very overweight. Wearing them out on a quick errand is one thing, but I'm talking about people who have swapped them out for jeans or their regular, everyday clothes. It just looks disingenuous and like they're trying to "look hot" without putting in the hard work. They could spend money on expensive workout clothes, but not a gym membership?

Now, do I say anything to these people, or shame them? No, never, like you said, it's their right to wear what they want. I'm just saying to me they look phony. No one has to care about how they look or actually be fit, that's a personal choice. I realize I know nothing about them, and am completely judging them...but it's in my head, which I am also allowed to do (although maybe I'm an *kitten* for sharing). Dressing like fitness is your lifestyle 24/7 when there's a 99% chance it's not is just annoying...IMHO. It's not fooling anyone is my point.

How do you look at someone and "know" they do not workout? What if that person wearing the yoga pants to the mall has already lost 80 pounds although they have Another 30 to go and instead of just going home and changing after their 4 mile walk hey decided to walk around the mall for another mile and a half? I guess if they look "phony" even though they are putting in just as much effort as you they are obviously trying too fool everyone around them wearing their silly yoga pants.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh geez...I have such a "hard" time concentrating at the gym...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB0fLa_kNApUPBDj2b8lon7nDSPtYonfRowL0eso2JNJg-D9Tx

Two words: Hulk smash! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    personally think they belong at home or in the gym, but not out in public. The pics prove it.

No, this belongs in public.

13fb315dad0bb2d3e675c373a9ae6fb4.jpg

or this. It's beautiful scenery.

3c819__yoga-pants-pic.jpg

Why does the woman in the 2nd pic look like she is 3/4 torso and 1/4 legs? I actually can't focus on anything else because I'm distracted by her seemingly freakishly long upper body. And yes, she has a nice bum.

I saw the second pic on instagram awhile back and the caption said something like "I'm a transgender, don't judge"...so maybe that explains the proportions and the masculine hands?
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    Interesting, a lot of the pics are what I would call "leggings."

I typically only call something a "yoga pant" if it has a foldover top or something similar and/or a flared bottom like 1,5,6, and 7:

cheap_yoga_pants_2.jpg

#2, I would say sweats and the other I would call leggings. Potayto, potahto...

Also #1's leg looks crappily photoshopped to have no inner thigh. Not hot.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I thought I would just leave this here for you cyclists.

Yoga-Pants_0014-630x393.jpg
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    ** I'm bringing booty back **
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    Are you a *****cat?

Interesting "auto-edit"
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    293et7l.jpg

edited to resize pic
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Having seen the photos, I have to say some of them are pretty immodest. Umm.... no thanks.
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ok... I'm going to say it...Yoga pants are nice however not for everyone. 16718172.png
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ripped-yoga-pants.jpg

What is that?

its a mfp poster being body shamey is what it is

nothing shocking at all
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    293et7l.jpg

edited to resize pic