Women 5'2 to 5'4 Ages 40+: what's your weight goal?

Options
I am 5'3, weight is 165 and turning 50. My goals are:
159 As soon as possible
150 - I'd be happy to reach it
140 - ultimate goal

Replies

• SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 43 years young
    Last time I weighed I was 131.
    My starting weight was 147 last November, I reached my goal weight several months back and am trying to maintain within a few pounds. I am happy with130-135. I have been on the low end of 122 and that doesn't look good on me.
  • apacheta
    Options
    This should really depend on your particular build. I'm 5'4" and my goal is 117. In my 20s and 30s I always hovered between 110-115. But I tend to have a small build... as in distance runner vs. sprinter. Other women who are naturally more muscular will have a significantly higher goal. As you say, it's about what looks/feels good on you and the proportion of fat vs. muscle.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 147 last November, I reached my goal weight several months back and am trying to maintain within a few pounds. I am happy with130-135. I have been on the low end of 122 and that doesn't look good on me.

Good for you and let us stick together in this forum to make our goals happen or for you to maintain.
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    This should really depend on your particular build. I'm 5'4" and my goal is 117. In my 20s and 30s I always hovered between 110-115. But I tend to have a small build... as in distance runner vs. sprinter. Other women who are naturally more muscular will have a significantly higher goal. As you say, it's about what looks/feels good on you and the proportion of fat vs. muscle.

Yes I definitely believe that age has something to do with the slowing of our metabolism. When I was in my 20s I was in the low 100s. But I am now 49 and it is not the same esp after 3 children.
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" , medium framed . When I was in my 20's , always 115. ZERO exercise. Probably a little thin. I once was 112 when I was adjusting to the demands of nursing and it really looked bad, very skeletal and bones everywhere!
    30's usually 123 with some exercise required. My tentative goal is 120, but not if I'm too thin.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options

Good for you and let us stick together in this forum to make our goals happen or for you to maintain.

Thank you! Good luck to you! You've got this!
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 (as of the 12th of this month), 5'3.5" and weight well its at 218. Goal is 160. Would love to get to 140 but feel it would be way to thin for me. At this point I think changing the diet and adding exercise regularly is more important (for me) then worring about the final goal. This is me, for me. I just want to be healthier. I am always in need of friends, so feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2., I would like to weigh around 130-135. What I would really love is to wear my size 10 pantsuits that I grew out of before I ever had a chance to wear a few years ago.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 45 (soon to be 46), 5'4" and medium build. In high school I weighed 120-125, college 115-135, in my 30s 130-145 and then in my 40s went up to 175. Notice a scary trend anyone? :noway: LOL.

I've been logging onto MFP for just under 3 months and according to the scale this morning I'm back down to 159 lbs. Initially I'm aiming for 145 and hope to hit that by Christmas. I plan to take a few weeks off at maintenance during the holidays and then the next (and possibly final) goal is 130-135 for 2015. I also need to put on a bit more muscle so might start a bulk from that point, but priority one is to get back to a healthy bf% range.
  • Christine_1085
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 45 (soon to be 46), 5'4" and medium build. In high school I weighed 120-125, college 115-135, in my 30s 130-145 and then in my 40s went up to 175. Notice a scary trend anyone? :noway: LOL.

I've been logging onto MFP for just under 3 months and according to the scale this morning I'm back down to 159 lbs. Initially I'm aiming for 145 and hope to hit that by Christmas. I plan to take a few weeks off at maintenance during the holidays and then the next (and possibly final) goal is 130-135 for 2015. I also need to put on a bit more muscle so might start a bulk from that point, but priority one is to get back to a healthy bf% range.

Same with me all my life I was even 110. Then when I got pregnant at 22 with my oldest daughter I went up to 124. At 27 after the birth of my second child I went up to 135. When at 35 I had my son and stayed at 140 for the longest time. When my mother died in 2006 due to depression my weight kept on going up 168 was the max. 2012 I joined weight watchers and went down to 140. Then got chill and 2014 my height jumped as high as 171.4. Now I am down to 165. And my goal is to be 150 year end but to see at least the 150s by my 50th birthday.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options

Yes, very true.
    I'm medium framed and naturally quite Muscular.
    I'm at my goal weight (128 lbs and 48 yrs old).
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just turned forty, I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 134. After I get there, I'll see if I want to push for the 120s. My main goal is actual health, looking healthy and having a few muscles/not being too thin.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll be 61 next month and currently 122lbs and aiming for about 115lbs.
    5ft 4 and small frame but quite good muscles through heavy lifting. Still excess weight round middle and hips which is proving very difficult but I'm in no rush. Just as well really!
  • ellakenion
    ellakenion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some impressively low weight people here! I'm nearly 46 years old, 5'2.5" and weigh 162 lbs this morning anyway. Four years ago I weighed 228 lbs, I've maintained this loss for three years. I did get to 143 for one solitary day and looked like a heroin addict. I love being in the 150-159 range I am just praying for some willingness to eat a bit less and get there nice and slow because I want to stay there. I'm so overwhelmed and impressed at the tiny numbers on this thread, I know that's not for me. Blooming well done! :happy: :happy:
  • hbgirl85
    Options
    I'm 47, 5'3.5" and 195. Can't seem to get out of the 190s. Hoping to get to 165-170. Was as heavy as 210, but dropped that weight over the last year. Very slow progress.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and 5'4" and I ideally like to be 139lbs. But anything between 139 and 147 is fine as I have very chunky legs and arms. This puts me comfortably in a UK size 10...
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    nice thread... I am at 152 from 170 and hoping for 140-145.... I would love to go lower but don't want to still have some curves for my man.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm so overwhelmed and impressed at the tiny numbers on this thread, I know that's not for me. Blooming well done! :happy: :happy:

I'm more impressed with the fact you''ve dropped from 228 lbs to 162! Now that's impressive. :smile:
    Funnily enough, to get the ideal physique i'm after i'd actually have to put weight on! (in Muscle)
    Check the photo's below. I personally think the lady looks a lot better when she's at the heavier weights. (Which she achieved through weight training).
    fatvsmuscle.jpg?w=300&h=300
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This thread is so great. I am really loing reading all your posts. I have a couple years before I hit 40 but I feel like I want to contribute. :) Iam 5' 1" my 3rd child is 2 1/2 and I sadly have crept back up to 140 which is my highest adult non-pregnant weight. I modest goal right now of 125 but that could change when i get there. But right now it's not budging a bit
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 53! And 5ft. Sigh.

Currently 131lb, down from 182lb.

Goal? Well, I'm still aiming for my original goal of 126lb which I set as a fairly arbitrary number towards the top end of the BMI 'healthy' spectrum. Could probably afford to lose more so I'll probably keep adjusting the goal as I go.

However, rate of loss is now very slow (it was faster when I weighed more and had more to lose!) and I've been putting much more attention on fitness and exercise of late so, whilst still keen to drop a few more pounds, I'm now much keener on getting stronger and more toned and decreasing body fat % - a whole new ball game!

Stay strong!