Women 5'2 to 5'4 Ages 40+: what's your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 48. I will be 49 in October. I am 5'3 and I currently weigh 135. My heaviest was 185. I started MFP at 165. My goal right now is 130 but I have cellulite and belly fat still. When I was in college, I weighed 110-115. My pre-pregnancy weight with both my daughters was 130, so that's my goal. I have carried this baby weight around for 18 yrs. It's time to go.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I just turned forty, and I'm 5'2.5" and maintaining at 102-104 lbs.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 (soon to be 45 in December - God I can't believe that!! lol)
    CW 173.8lbs
    GW 150lbs
    Height 5'4"

My ticker says 0lbs lost - but I recently reset it after my July wedding - I had previously lost 25lbs but have gained 5lbs since my nuptuals... so I've reset it to loose the last 25lbs.

I see alot of ppl on here wanting to be 120lbs and lighter.. wow if I was at that weight I'd look like I was dying lol
    Because I'm built more 'sturdy' I guess you would call it - I'm 'broad' my Dr says lol.. He originally told me no lower than 170lbs (which puts me in anywhere between a size 10-14 depending on the maker of the clothes).... but I want to try to get to 150 - or at least gage my 'look' and how I feel as I get closer to there.

I will say this.......MY GOD it's taking forever!!! Took me over a yr to loose the first 25lbs!! Is it an age thing?

Open to friends - but must be supportive (means telling me the good AND THE BAD).. I always offer the same in return...
    Let me know if you see anywhere I can improve..

Congrats to us all!!! Just wanting to get healthier is the best step we could ever take!!
  • amydfreund
    Options
    I am 61 and 5'3", medium frame, presently weighing 181. I've gone up and down over the years, my best weight feels good around 135-140. I've used weight watchers which has always helped, converting it to my own program inserting only fresh organic foods, nothing processed. I "know" how to do it, but let life's stressors become my excuse. I've always had the "lower belly" but now the upper one is in competition, I can no longer accept this and so today I begin!
  • jeannachapman
    jeannachapman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi i'm 5'6 age 48 and i'm just starting out at 245 hoping to get to 160 to 170 they say my weight goal should be 150 but feel that is to thin i have all ready lost 6 lbs since starting to use this web site
  • trenklejm
    trenklejm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I could use some friends here too! I am heavier then most on the thread but I am 5'5 and started at Oh my gosh I cant believe I am typing this out but 379! I am down to 209 but my goal is 150. Anyone can add me because the last 59 pounds seems like it is going to go really slow but I down 160 already so I guess I should be more patient!
  • jordan927
    jordan927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just turned 49 on Saturday and reset my goal today. I was 209 3 years ago and lost 20 lbs doing weight watchers. Pretty much have kept it off with a few pounds here and there. I'm up and down doing calorie counting but still trying to give this a try. My oldest daughter just got engaged and will be getting married next Sept.. My weight today is 191 and my goal is 145. I don't ever remember being that thin growing up. I was always told I was big bone.. yeah basically your fat. Anyways.. Looking to get to my goal for a fit mother and before I turn 50. Any suggestions? Please feel free to add me as a friend. Always looking for encouragement and support.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am 49, soon to be 50 and I weigh 190. My goal is to be 140.

Like most of you, I was thin/fit right through my 30's and even early 40's (very early). I lost control of my life, not that I am in control now but I will be damned if I spend my 50's overweight!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, 5' 4", medum build. I was as high as 190, over the years have dropped some of that, then really got into it at the beginning of the year and dropped 35 lbs. I have been sitting at 140 most of the summer, would eventually like to get down to 130, the lowest I've ever been was 120 in high school, that doesn't look good on my frame anymore. I was down to 138 but gained back 2 lbs, and it doesn't seem to want to come off. Although it's only 10 lbs I want to lose, I will take my time and hopefully lose those by next summer.
  • YasminR
    YasminR Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,

i'm 5'1" and weigh 168lbs. My goal is 126lbs. Trying to do this a day at a time - having spent my whole adult life dieting i have finally had a light bulb moment and now thinking 'healthy lifestyle' so i no longer mind a slow loss.

I will be 49 in March so have set myself a six month goal to lose the weight and get fit and healthy.

Good luck to everyone here.
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 43 and 5' 3", right now I weigh about 145 and would like to be around 137-140 roughly. I log all my foods (most of the time) and keep my diary open. Prior to having my second child I weighed 135, which is really skinny for me and my build. So I would really be happy with just shedding about 5-8 more pounds. I work out 4-5 days a week. Always looking for new friends on MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 44 and my current weight is 146 lbs, my goal weight is 130 lbs. At my heaviest I was 193 lbs. i started packing on the pounds in my early 30s. In 2010 with the diagnoses of being pre-diabetic, I starting cutting out processed foods & drinks and doing some walking. No diabetes and I'm much healthier in my 40s than in my 30s. Now I do a little weight training, interval training and cardio to maintain and de-stress
    I've been maintaining my current weight for a year and a half, but I am pushing to get to my goal weight by my 45th birthday (August 2015)
    Stay focused ladies and remember small battles win the war!
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm not 40, but will be 38 in a couple of weeks. I'm 5' 2.78" (yes that 7/8 counts!) My highest weight was 181 :frown: I'm down to 122, my goal is 120 and have a naturally muscular body on a small frame. In high school, I weighed 110-115, now I think I'm in better shape than I was back then and I don't think 110-115 would look good on me now.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 (62 in Dec) years old and 5'4" tall. Throughout most of my adult life, I weighed 125-130 except for the period right after I delivered my son and was nursing; I could not get the scale to go above 102 for over a year. :noway: Once my son was in middle school, I started college and went into menopause and shot up to 235 (probably more, but I was not going to look after that! :grumble: ). I set my original goal for 145 as a "stretch" because I never thought I'd see that number again, but I currently weigh 138! :bigsmile:

Now, the bigger goal for me is to watch my clothing size. I work out with weights 3 X a week, so my scale weight loss has slowed down considerably, but my size 6 jeans are getting loose and that is probably a better indicator of my overall health and fitness than the scale at this point. My goal right now is to wear size 4-6 comfortably, continue to workout with weights 3 X a week and do cardio (because I love fitness walking and mountain hiking!) 3 X a week and gradually move away from so much focus on the scale. However, if I drop a few more pounds, I will not be "upset" about it! :laugh:
  • mjfindlay
    Options
    I am 46. I weigh 246 my goal is 200.
    I am taking this in small increments. I weighed almost 290 when I started with myfitnesspal.com
    I did not realize how I was setting myself up to fail.
  • thasme01
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and current weight is 183. I'm 41, When I started back in Jan.2014 I was 198. My goal is about 135 ish. My Dr. says my ideal weight should be 119, 120. Yet back in the day at 120 I also looked liked a crack head. No butt, No boob. So I feel a few extra lbs when toned is ok for me. The years truly have taken a toll on my body with the flux of weight, kids ect. and I have a lot of extra baggie skin around the tummy and mid section. I know I have a long road ahead but I'm taking it slow, learning new ways to eat and trying to readjust my routine. It's hard to get back to taking care of yourself when you have been taking care of everyone else for so long. I love MPF all the success stories and friends I've made here has helped me keep on track. I'm after a lifestyle change not just a diet. Everyone have a great day and Thank you all for sharing your stories.
  • lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, would like to be friends and we could support each other,
    Catrina
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am 44 (45 in December), 5'3 and my goal weight is 150. I am very curvy (tatas and hips) and at 135 I look sick. I have not seen that number in a very long time! Great thread! It's nice to see sucess stories in my age group :) I keep hearing that it's difficult to lose weight during the pre-menopausal stage of life. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am almost 44 and 5'4, I have lost almost 20kg (around 40lbs) since March through healthy eating and exercise.
    The numbers everyone are quoting seem so small.
    I have just under the last third of weight to loose, which will bring me down to 68kg (149lbs).
    My original goal was to be 68kg by Xmas, but as I SLOWLY get closer to this magical number, it is taking longer and longer, so I think that if I can achieve this weight by March next year, that's 12 months to loose around 30kgs (approx 60lbs give or take) I will have reached the weight that I have been dreaming about for last half of my adult life!!:happy:
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am 5"3 and 51 years old. My starting weight was 192 in April 2014. I am now at 160. My initial goal is 150, but plan on trying to get to 140 after that. My lowest weight, as an adult, was probably around 125 in my early 20's, but I think that is unrealistic for me now. It gets harder as you get older, right?