What is your non-weight goal(s) ? aka. NSV

Options

Replies

• RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You know that one seat on the bus that's between a pole and an arm rest and everyone else can sit in perfectly comfortably but you just have to pretend you're being really gallant when you gesture for other people to take it instead of you?

I want to sit in that seat.
  • shoegal_81
    shoegal_81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To fit (comfortably) into a uk size 10. (In every store/brand not just the ones that run on the large side).

To run a half marathon, signing up for my first one in March!

To be able to look at myself in the mirror & not suck my tummy in!!!!!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    1) I want to be able to ride roller coasters again, too. A few years ago, I could only fit into two roller coasters at Kings Dominion, and that was with a bit of struggle. I was very embarrassed and very sad.

2) To run at 6mph pace again.

3) To do ONE pull-up.

4)To do 30 consecutive full push-ups.

5) To have a 28 inch waist.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

1. 30 minute 5K (most recent 5k goal was to run the whole thing, I did! Time was 40:11)
    2. run a 10K
    3. Fit into a size 10 (never been in my adult life)
    4. Be able to do one pull up

All of these will change when I reach them to more aggressive goals.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I want the extra fat around my stomach and abdomen to be completely gone. I am so tired of my mid-section looking like lumpy jello!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    My only goal, other than losing weight, is losing inches. I want to be smaller than I am and have a healthy BMI.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Like alot of us, i have spent years wearing whatever fits. Now I want to have a hard time deciding what to wear because everything looks soooo cute and makes me feel good about myself. I also want to have the niced 50 year old a## anyone has ever seen!
  • chelsie5791
    chelsie5791 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a bathing suit, in public. I want my pants size to be in the single digits. If I put my husbands pants on, I want them to fall straight down, no matter how I am standing. I want to climb stairs and not be winded. I don't want to be scared of getting diabetes some day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Only NSV I have left is to not have to restrict my sodium intake. I still have another year before getting blood tests to be sure, but what I've gotten from my infrequent BP tests is that I just have HBP.

Now I'm sad thinking about the foods I can't eat anymore.
    originalbeef.jpg
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Have a healthy BMI
    Wear a single digit pants size
    Be able to stand/walk most of a day without hurting
    Be able to do regular push ups and complete a pull up
  • KaziTime
    KaziTime Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Good to think about these goals. Thanks for posting.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1. Run a marathon and have at least an average female time
    2. Wear a solid size 2/4
    3. NEVER have to "suck it in" again
    4. Squat and deadlift 1.5x my body weight
  • hrcc2000
    hrcc2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. To run the entire 5k
    2. Unassisted bar pullup
    3. Size 8 in jeans
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Dear! Where do I begin?!

The most amazing one, might not be achievable because I know it also depends on genetics, would be to get rid of rubbing thighs. I haven't walk comfortably with naked legs for 17 years.

Then, I'd like to rock a Bodycon Dress. Especially a Hervé Leger one. (Yep, I know the price...)

Hitting 23% bodyfat

Bye bye cellulite!!

Bye bye cankles, too!!

Calves that would fit into any boots

And A LOT of fitness goals!!!
  • 1992mittens13
    1992mittens13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These are all inspiring and make weight loss seem so much more then just losing pounds!
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to try standup paddle boarding. I want to walk around on a beach or at the pool without feeling the need to cover myself up. I want to go biking next summer, and the paddle boarding, next aummer too.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Iron man trialthon.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Become a fitness instructor and teach a variety of classes. Complete a 10 k in under 60 minutes. Complete triathlons, and walk or run a half marathon. Do zumbathons, do bike races. Try stand up paddle boarding and get rollerblades and learn how to ski or snowshoe.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When on vacation with my best friend next summer, I want to run in the morning with him...at least once, usually he brings me breakfast in bed and goes for his run. I like that part, but want to surprise him by running with him one morning.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Become a fitness instructor and teach a variety of classes. Complete a 10 k in under 60 minutes. Complete triathlons, and walk or run a half marathon. Do zumbathons, do bike races. Try stand up paddle boarding and get rollerblades and learn how to ski or snowshoe.

Wow great goals. I'd like to get in to tri's. Maybe iron man in a few years.